MoP Rogue DPS? (pve)

90 Blood Elf Rogue
It's simple really, in PvE rogues do fine in terms of damage, I personally use the combat spec for dungeons and raids and find myself hitting top DPS if I time my abilities rite. In PvP i find my openers to be weak not doing as much damage as they used to the stuns are fine its just the damage.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
I found that if you hunt for gear with common stats it helps. Spreading out Mastery, Haste, Expertise and Critical doesn't really help - all the bonuses are too low to happen often enough. If you focus on Haste, you regenerate energy like crazy; if you focus on Critical, you hit harder more often. etc... Reforge some of your gear and see what happens.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
10/30/2012 04:25 AMPosted by Bloodletters
Sounds to me like you want to believe something is wrong to justify any performance issues you are currently seeing.

No. I was assuming that I was playing the class wrong. So, I wanted to see what everyone said so that I could see if I really was playing the class wrong or if rogues just weren't as good this expansion. I found that it was a little of both, BUT I'm sure it was mostly that I wasn't doing it right (apparently all the Combat guides on the internet at the time were wrong, because I followed that rotation).

Either way, I decided the class just didn't/doesn't fit my play style and I wanted something that had big bursts of damage. So, I rolled a frost DK, love it, and am doing great DPS.

(Side note: After posting this thread, I didn't look at it again until today because I'd basically already made up my mind that I didn't want to play my rogue anymore, since I wasn't fit for it--more reasoning why I didn't post this to make an excuse for being bad. lol.)
Edited by Lothloríen on 1/11/2013 10:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
Ha i am a assassination and i take top DPS in basically all dungeons. i don't know what you guys are talking about. As for PVP im stilling trying out some stuff.
Reply Quote
76 Orc Death Knight
At 86 y damage is very low in dungeons as Assas rogue and I don't know why, my rotation is correct..
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Last 3 posters, you guys know how to read the dates at the top right corner of each post yes?

Because you guys are necroing a thread made 8 months ago.
Reply Quote
46 Undead Rogue
idk guys ive nvr had any probs with this class my 90 rogue im usually ranked in the top 2 in pve and I don't see myself energy starved. u gotta plan ur attacks ahead of time and think not just run into a mob and mash ur bottons. it all comes down to learning ur spec and learning what spec ur good at not picking the spec u see/hear is good learn on ur own pick a spec u think is fun to play.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
i just wanted to know ,as a combat rogue whats better damage or dps?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Not resurrecting century old threads is better.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]