20 days for one item......

90 Human Warlock
Hooooolyyyyyyyy Hell. I max my inscription with total optimism thinking that if I spend a few hours farming tons of herbs on an alt, I can mill it and make my 20 scrolls of wisdom, then farm two more spirit of harmony, and I'll have my staff! WRONG. SO !@#$%^- WRONG.
The scroll of wisdom never specified a daily cool down. I have to wait 20 days to make that staff now? I'll do raidfinder this Tuesday, spend a token on a boss that drops a weapon, and get something just as good. Wtf.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
LFR staves don't have questlines attached to them and aren't BoA.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Hooooolyyyyyyyy Hell. I max my inscription with total optimism thinking that if I spend a few hours farming tons of herbs on an alt, I can mill it and make my 20 scrolls of wisdom, then farm two more spirit of harmony, and I'll have my staff! WRONG. SO !@#$%^- WRONG.
The scroll of wisdom never specified a daily cool down. I have to wait 20 days to make that staff now? I'll do raidfinder this Tuesday, spend a token on a boss that drops a weapon, and get something just as good. Wtf.

At least your priest will be able to use it if you don't.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Actually no its not 20 days. There is an inscription weekly that you can do that gives an additional scroll. Though I was able to do the weekly twice in 1 week last week.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
The quest line just destroys the staff and refunds half of the mats needed to make it.
Reply Quote
89 Worgen Mage

I leveled my inscriptionist to 90 first. Have everything to make the staff except 10 scrolls now, which is fine, since my 3 casters are all still level 86-87 each.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
10/08/2012 09:37 AMPosted by Wyvernmaster
Actually no its not 20 days. There is an inscription weekly that you can do that gives an additional scroll. Though I was able to do the weekly twice in 1 week last week.

It isn't a weekly it is a repeatable quest

It is meant for scribes with extra ink and spirits to produce more scrolls, however an excess of either of those is very unlikely
Edited by Sweetbro on 10/8/2012 2:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Yeah, 5 spirits of harmony (I think) is a hefty price to pay for 1 scroll of wisdom.

You can also earn one from the 'cache of whatever' coming from the golden lotus dailies. I think you have a shot at two of those cache things when your rep gets high enough (Maybe 3?)

Either way, the scroll of wisdom is definitely a drag on being able to produce stuff...like cards as well :/
Reply Quote
11 Human Rogue
The inscription weekly quest is rubbish. It took me two and a half weeks to get five spirits of harmony. I wasted them and five inks on the commissioned painting. Got nothing but the scroll of wisdom. I will not be wasting a single SoH on this again.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
10/11/2012 08:15 AMPosted by Zakkibank
The inscription weekly quest is rubbish. It took me two and a half weeks to get five spirits of harmony. I wasted them and five inks on the commissioned painting. Got nothing but the scroll of wisdom. I will not be wasting a single SoH on this again.

I agree. I was working towards the staff, then I sold a card for 15k and was hooked.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Yea, same. I was working towards the staff, and since Blizzard is incompetent regarding some simple database changes for the Ink Traders, I decided to cash in on the cards instead. I guess I will get a weapon when one drops from raids.

20 scrolls. What a joke and waste of time.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Yea, same. I was working towards the staff, and since Blizzard is incompetent regarding some simple database changes for the Ink Traders, I decided to cash in on the cards instead. I guess I will get a weapon when one drops from raids.

20 scrolls. What a joke and waste of time.

Ya, exactly. By the time I made the staff a new weapon would have dropped most likely.

But I make glyphs usually for my gold, so I had a ton of starlight ink just sitting around. So, why not?
Reply Quote
That staff is kind of a waste yea...

But there are weeklies you can do and the Golden Lotus dailies have a chance to give you a scroll every day!

Don't spend those scrolls on a stupid staff though. You can make hundreds of thousands of gold every month using them on Darkmoon Faire and then you can just buy every BOE and have a super dank trinket too.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
I waited 6 months for the Kiril Staff to drop off of DW. Three weeks for a staff that will likely last me into T15 content is not that big of a deal. Sadly though, my main scribe is on another server.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Just when I thought crafting in WoW couldn't get any more tedious or unrewarding...
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
10/11/2012 11:24 AMPosted by Jozie
I waited 6 months for the Kiril Staff to drop off of DW. Three weeks for a staff that will likely last me into T15 content is not that big of a deal. Sadly though, my main scribe is on another server.

Which staff would that be?

The crafted one appears to be approximately LFR quality. Is there a way to upgrade it that I'm missing?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
Either one...of course as soon as I got it in normal mode, it dropped again the following 2 weeks and once in LFR.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
10/11/2012 08:15 AMPosted by Zakkibank

Yeah. I blew SoH's on that quest before I realized it was repeatable. Scrolls are easy for me to come by. I just have to remember to make one once a day. SoH/motes are totally random and rare.

Ick. I wish I could have those back. Those I do have are the most valuable things I have now.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]