Shaman PvP

1 Human Priest
So since MoP came out i've been goofing around, killing people here and there, understand the new classes and here's what I've found out.

Against a warrior? No chance I just sit there and eat stun after stun after stun after stun. I can't cast at all because of gag order nor can I ever lose a warrior with their 2 charges and 1 leap.

Warlocks? can't do anything either, the way fear is now, shamans will never have a chance again Ele vs. Locks.

Hunters? LOL might as well bend over and take it up the rear, it's almost impossible to survive long enough to heal/mitigate damage against hunters.

Death Knights? LOL Moving on....

Rogues? Eh they're easily kitable for me with frost shock and everything.

Monks? haven't really fought them that much, they seem ok to me.

Mages? LOL Moving on...

Priests? LOL...Moving on...

Paladins? LOL Moving on..

So what Have I seen? elemental shamans are complete crap, they lack the burst now without cooldowns and are the new boomkins of this expansions. I have never seen shamans do this bad since season 6-7. THIS IS TERRIBLE. We have no kite mechanics, no good healing anymore (without going oom) nor do we have any damage mitigation at all. We used to be a nuke class, now we're a meat shield.

Info about my PvP background, Been a holy paladin since season 5, been to 2k, never 2200 +, experience in Rated BGs up to 1800 and I world PvP A LOT. I've also PvP'd extensively on my rogue, hunter, and druid. I know almost every class inside and out and know what to expect, with shamans it's just.....!@#$ty.
Edited by Getrolledkid on 10/8/2012 9:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
What spec are you referring to mainly?
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest
Elemental, haven't done Resto in BGs yet, guild wants to progress. I've just seeing what happened to ele shamans when it happened to my boomkin over the past few years. You can almost never get a spell off and when you do, you get them to 50% hp, MOST classes will lock you down and full heal randomly. With our healing it's only good with clear casting procs. Even then healing surge is still crap in my eyes. 30k non clear casting, 50k clear casting? for 21k mana? Not worth it imo.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Shaman
10/08/2012 09:09 AMPosted by Getrolledkid
Been a holy paladin since season 5

Well that explains why you think shamans suck. Being a holy paladin, PvP was spoon fed to you. Suddenly you try to play a class that requires thought, you can't do it, and you think they suck because they weren't as easy as holy paladins.
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest
10/08/2012 09:16 AMPosted by Liupeng
Been a holy paladin since season 5

Well that explains why you think shamans suck. Being a holy paladin, PvP was spoon fed to you. Suddenly you try to play a class that requires thought, you can't do it, and you think they suck because they weren't as easy as holy paladins.

You implying that I don't know how to play a shaman? lol. I've PvP'd with every class enough to understand them.

10/08/2012 09:19 AMPosted by Fuaztin
vs locks.... don't you have a totem solely designed to counter locks that's been here since vanilla? i thought you were learning to play your class

/fel flame my totem. GG or /pet attack. GG. Like I said, FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR dead. Coming from a mage, I take no advice from mages nor will I ever respect a mage player who PvP's if anything THEY are spoon fed.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Ele is just bad at the moment, just accept your a turret, nothing more.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Elemental counters no one and does nothing better than anyone.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
10/08/2012 11:11 AMPosted by Grenade
Elemental counters no one and does nothing better than anyone.

Damage needs to be upped. LvB needs to do probably about double damage. im getting crits from 30-40k depending on the target, it really should be 60-70k .

Healing surge needs to do more heals. 25k is nothing. healing tide does less healing than resto HST.

imo, 40k non crit HS should be common, HTT should be about the same as resto (without mastery) HTT is a big cooldown and should feel like it.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
Mmm... I've not got MoP yet, but... Shouldn't we at least have a cooldown that turns us into Lava Burst machineguns? Is it broken?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
I played elem in cataclysm at 2k rating range for s9~s11, and I feel elem to be even worse spec to play than cataclysm. (which i didn't think was possible)

As far as damage goes, damage is there as long as I can give out flawless stream of casts with rng procs.

The thing is, once we are focused, we are sitting duck. we can't cast w/o help from outside. Fake cast is almost pointless due to the # of stuns they have gained. Also, melee classes have gained even more gap closures and 'ranged' interrupts.

With such small window of opportunity to cast, our damage is not as 'spiky burst' as before. we actually need to get multiple number of casts in to cause realistic damage to our opponent.(especially with other classes' self-sustaining abilities)

To make things worse, we are pretty weak against OTHER casters as well. (where we always shined in the past)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
10/08/2012 05:07 PMPosted by Uuna
have a cooldown that turns us into Lava Burst machineguns? Is it broken?

If we are allowed to 'free cast', cd free lavaburst machine gun is VERY nice. We do not have that luxury.

There are soooooo many ways to shut that large cd down.

Even w/o all these stuns, interrupts, cc, etc etc. Enemy healer can just dispel our flame shock and ruin us for good.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Elemental is complete crap right now. 12k Lightning bolts and im full honor/conquest geared and 40k lava bursts... just rename it lava blast because burst isnt 40k/350k
Reply Quote
I have been running resto for arena and rbg in 5.3 and I think i'm done, until the devs give us some legitimate form of stun mitigation. Whether it's 2's, 3's, or 5's (the last is by far the worst), I am chain-immobilized. As many have mentioned, you cannot place squat when you are stunned, incapacitated, cycloned, silenced (with exception to spiritwalker's grace). Unless one faces a face-roll fail opponent and is given the ability to free-cast, OR is partnered with God, "resistance is futile." I have leveled a priest and a druid to take the place of my shaman, in fact.
The 5.3 pvp set bonus makes Spiritwalker's Grace grant you immunity to silence, for what 15 seconds? That's all fine and good, considering I do get silenced 1/15 matches. But, since shaman have nothing real beside the pvp trinket to mitigate "sitting duck syndrome", why not make that set bonus to have SWG include ANYTHING that the pvp trinket will mitigate, and reduce the spell's duration by, say, the same amount you would for rogues and warlocks, since the days of vanilla beta (would last for 14.75 seconds instead of 15) :P
Thanks
Reply Quote
96 Orc Shaman
09/05/2013 07:32 AMPosted by Unclejed
The 5.3 pvp set bonus makes Spiritwalker's Grace grant you immunity to silence, for what 15 seconds?

5sec'
Reply Quote
7 Gnome Warlock
necro'd
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Can't speak for ele (never played it), but enhance does well in bgs. As for your issues with locks... Seriously? Locks aren't ez mode, but they're certainly beatable. Should be easier for ele since you're harder to kite.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I am nowhere near good enough at pvp to say my class \ spec sucks but I honestly dont know how you get a cast off against a decent player.

As always though, nothing is balanced around 1v1, so I dont expect much will change.
Reply Quote
91 Draenei Shaman
If you enjoy being trained for days and the entire bg focusing you, and rogues having a !@#$%^ for killing you, then ele is the spec for you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]