Zen Flight

90 Pandaren Monk
10/08/2012 12:11 PMPosted by Kenjiryu
Seriously? Who does it hurt? Who sits there and goes "I don't want my class improved."

My fear is that if Blizzard listens and makes it a full-speed mount, the other nice perks of it would go away. Simple as that.

I also like the option of a slower paced flying mount, something that I cannot do otherwise.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/08/2012 12:16 PMPosted by Jayded
I also don't understand why Group B would NOT want this change.

because the tradeoff would more than likely be the loss of things like fishing/hearthing/herbing/mining/etc from the glyph.

I doubt it. I still feel confident that if it weren't for being Shapeshifted druids would be capable of doing all the same things as well. I know they put a restriction on herbalism druids in flight form, but in all honesty that is what's fair.

And it's not like you're going around Mining/Herbing at 176% mount speed anyway, so again who does it hurt.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
10/08/2012 12:18 PMPosted by Kenjiryu
I doubt it. I still feel confident that if it weren't for being Shapeshifted druids would be capable of doing all the same things as well. I know they put a restriction on herbalism druids in flight form, but in all honesty that is what's fair.

I disagree, but it all comes down to opinion. You can try your luck pushing them to change it, I'm going to hope they don't and they leave it as it is instead of risking the neat things it does now.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/08/2012 12:21 PMPosted by Jayded

I disagree, but it all comes down to opinion. You can try your luck pushing them to change it, I'm going to hope they don't and they leave it as it is instead of risking the neat things it does now.

You seemingly, in what can only be described as purposely, avoided my second statement regarding Mining and Herbalism.

I see you're an Alchemist and Leatherworker, so I guess you can't be bothered to have an opinion on that matter, but do you believe there are Herbalism and/or Mining Monks that fly around in Zen Flight to exploit some slow traveling minor glyph? I believe the people that would consider doing this as a main method of farming would fall into a minority, a thin minority.

They won't stop you from Hearthing, Druid's have this. You won't need to mount up because you'll already be moving at your proper mounts speed. Fishing, that is debatable and is the only real concern of what could be "lost" by causing the proposed change to be considered by Blizzard.

Other than that, there is nothing to lose.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
You seemingly, in what can only be described as purposely, avoided my second statement regarding Mining and Herbalism.

I see you're an Alchemist and Leatherworker, so I guess you can't be bothered to have an opinion on that matter, but do you believe there are Herbalism and/or Mining Monks that fly around in Zen Flight to exploit some slow traveling minor glyph? I believe the people that would consider doing this as a main method of farming would fall into a minority, a thin minority.

They won't stop you from Hearthing, Druid's have this. You won't need to mount up because you'll already be moving at your proper mounts speed. Fishing, that is debatable and is the only real concern of what could be "lost" by causing the proposed change to be considered by Blizzard.

Your rude tone won't help any in trying to convince people to agree with you, and it hasn't helped any here either. Regardless of whether or not someone will use it to mine/herb (no one will) I still enjoy it the way it is. I don't need another mount.
Reply Quote
Blizz doesn't like to give things out without taking something back in return.

Classes are different classes. They have their own unique flavor. When you change zen flight into basically another version of a Druid's flightform, you're ripping off their class flavor.

If blizz caves in to give monks a zen flight that's as fast as epic flying, where will it stop? Will warlocks and paladins demand their class mounts be able to fly? Should a priest's levitate also allow them to fly at 280% speed?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

Your rude tone won't help any in trying to convince people to agree with you, and it hasn't helped any here either. Regardless of whether or not someone will use it to mine/herb (no one will) I still enjoy it the way it is. I don't need another mount.

I'm glad you don't need another mount. The great thing is no matter how many mounts you have at your disposal you don't have to use any of them that you don't want, or feel you need.

I on the other hand think Zen Flight is a great, class flavored mount, much akin to Flight Form. I would love to use it for more than just sitting afk in Stormwind meditating. If it was meant to be nothing more than some kind of gimmick, then it wouldn't increase speed at all. It would move at turtle pace, or not let you move at all. Have you considered that?

On the topic of calling me rude, I hope you never have to go out into the world. There are many scarier things than a Panda discussing his class on Blizzard forums.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
I on the other hand think Zen Flight is a great, class flavored mount, much akin to Flight Form. I would love to use it for more than just sitting afk in Stormwind meditating. If it was meant to be nothing more than some kind of gimmick, then it wouldn't increase speed at all. It would move at turtle pace, or not let you move at all. Have you considered that?

On the topic of calling me rude, I hope you never have to go out into the world. There are many scarier things than a Panda discussing his class on Blizzard forums.

Don't get mad at people because they disagree with you. Also, your argument is just straight up ridiculous. "If it wasn't meant to go fast, it wouldn't move at all?" This fits in perfectly as a glyph, and the changes you're proposing don't fit into that, they would have to change it to a class mount or a spell of some sort (and we would lose some of the cool things it does undoubtedly).

You just make yourself sound like someone that wants everything his way, which is great in the fast food industry. Not so much in video games.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

You just make yourself sound like someone that wants everything his way, which is great in the fast food industry. Not so much in video games.

And your argument makes you any different?

You're making claims about my psychological mindset for having an opinion no different than your own.

I want this, you want this. Why is any one persons opinion more valid than the others? You're being hypocritical at best.

We can question what is Blizzard's intention all we want, but at the end of the day they have a player base to appease. How many threads have you seen demanding Zen Flight stay slow vs how many are asking for a speed increase?

Majority rules, usually.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
And your argument makes you any different?

You're making claims about my psychological mindset for having an opinion no different than your own.

I want this, you want this. Why is any one persons opinion more valid than the others? You're being hypocritical at best.

We can question what is Blizzard's intention all we want, but at the end of the day they have a player base to appease. How many threads have you seen demanding Zen Flight stay slow vs how many are asking for a speed increase?

Majority rules, usually.

You're clearly agitated, or else just a rude person in general. I chose to believe that you are a decent human being and you're just pissed that not everyone agrees with you.

As for wanting, I think you misunderstand. You're asking for X, but expecting to get it for free. I expect that you'll have to give up Y for X.

I'm not saying your opinion is invalid, just childishly naive.

I'm not questioning blizzards intentions, they did what they wanted to.

Blizzard is pretty good on not giving in to childish demands from the player base, although you may be right that they'll go for it. Only time will tell, but I hope they don't. I like it the way it is.

Also, lastly, a lot of these zen flight threads you've been mentioning have been just as divided as this one has. I don't see a clear majority for this becoming a mount. Maybe blizzard will see it differently. Who knows.
Reply Quote

Druids don't have to worry about this because they get their class specific flight form to scale with their mount training. No one else in the game has this luxury, and I don't understand why.

Think you answered your own questions there. Nobody else has this luxury because it is their CLASS SPECIFIC form. That's their special "thing" If the cloud form was ment to be an actual mount, it would of been given to you like the warlock and paladin mounts. Since its a glyph of minor ranking its supposed to be a cosmetic / flavor addition to your normal movement. Its not supposed to be like druid flight, because we are not druids.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
You can also craft while 'mounted', for lack of a better term.

I freaked out a buddy last night by crafting gems on a cloud :)

But yeah it won't scale, not intended to be a mount, but still a nifty toy nevertheless.
I'd love to see a vanity glyph that will allow me to sit and meditate in the style of Zen Meditation with the green bubble and whatnot.
Edited by Baker on 10/8/2012 1:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
not sure if this is mentioned but i was able to throw surging mist (i think thats what its called, #2 on my keybinds :P) while zen flying o.O
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

Druids don't have to worry about this because they get their class specific flight form to scale with their mount training. No one else in the game has this luxury, and I don't understand why.

Think you answered your own questions there. Nobody else has this luxury because it is their CLASS SPECIFIC form. That's their special "thing" If the cloud form was ment to be an actual mount, it would of been given to you like the warlock and paladin mounts. Since its a glyph of minor ranking its supposed to be a cosmetic / flavor addition to your normal movement. Its not supposed to be like druid flight, because we are not druids.

You must be a believer in the snowflake theory, aren't you?

If you people are so adamant in it being a minor glyph of minor significance and nothing more than cosmetic, then make it so. Make it so you just fly there in place and cannot move like a channeled spell. If Druids should be the only snowflakes in town then don't half !@#$ it so that Monks are somewhere in-between "flavor spells" and "instant cast flying mounts."

I'm surprised you lot aren't just begging for your own class to get nerfed already. "Oh please Blizzard, it's not fair that my monk can fish from the air! Nerf me please!"
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock
Zen Flight has some nifty bugs. See if you can find them!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
10/08/2012 01:28 PMPosted by Kenjiryu
I'm surprised you lot aren't just begging for your own class to get nerfed already.

We're not asking for a nerf, you are. This glyph in its current for is pretty cool. We don't want it to turn into another generic mount that 'looks cool' but does nothing 'snowflakey' as you put it.

If you people are so adamant in it being a minor glyph of minor significance and nothing more than cosmetic, then make it so. Make it so you just fly there in place and cannot move like a channeled spell.

This is still an awful argument. Don't go to blizz with this and expect them to change anything.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
Can we come to an agreement? Maybe have Zen Flight level with your flight skill, but not as much as normal mounts? That way it has the potential to be useful as a normal mount, while not making it the "go-to" mount for monks. Maybe? So the fighting and mean words can stop? ;-;
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
the spell is amazing for world pvp ,sure it would be nice for it to go reg mount speed but ...uh im just happy we have it period... FSK>x3roll>zen flight= peace out homeis!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I'm surprised you lot aren't just begging for your own class to get nerfed already.

We're not asking for a nerf, you are. This glyph in its current for is pretty cool. We don't want it to turn into another generic mount that 'looks cool' but does nothing 'snowflakey' as you put it.

If you could decipher sarcasm from my first line in that quoted post you'd understand my resentment for the snowflake theory. Druid's with Swift Flight form are the only class in the game to remain fairly unique and have abilities that are only seen among their own. So many abilities and "snowflakes" have been gutted and/or given to other classes since Vanilla so this argument of "that's their snowflake, this is ours" really isn't valid anymore.

If you people are so adamant in it being a minor glyph of minor significance and nothing more than cosmetic, then make it so. Make it so you just fly there in place and cannot move like a channeled spell.

This is still an awful argument. Don't go to blizz with this and expect them to change anything.

Why? You guys are drilling it into our heads that you want it to be an insignificant minor glyph that's only purpose is for cosmetic reasons, you want it to be a gimmick and have no real purpose. Otherwise it'd be a baseline spell like Flight form. So why not go all the way through and fulfill that useless minor glyph role? I mean as it is right now, it's marginally useful. But it's a minor glyph, so we can't have that. Nuke it to the ground!
Edited by Kenjiryu on 10/8/2012 2:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/08/2012 12:16 PMPosted by Jayded
I also don't understand why Group B would NOT want this change.

because the tradeoff would more than likely be the loss of things like fishing/hearthing/herbing/mining/etc from the glyph.

Yep.

It's fine as it is, kk thanks.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]