Most viable pvp spec at 90?

70 Human Warrior
Fire or frost? In general, in RBGs, and then in 3's? Whats more viable atm?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
no one ever asks about arcane :(
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
frost all around at the moment
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
personally prefer fire.

fire has a stun with combustion and the daze effect of dragons breath. Both on pretty short CDs.
The frost spec only specialization gives you water elemental... water elementals Freeze spell shares DR with frost nova and ring of frost, i believe... So, while the pet freeze is a badass long range way of setting up shatters it also makes two of your other main pvp spells less effective.
Frozen Orb also Frost only has a weak slow (30%) and no other frost only spells really add to frost making it "better for pvp".

Most "hard core" pvp mages have played frost for so long it's what they know.

pure CC and control, fire has more tools.
Each spec is playable in each aspect of the game. That was the whole point of the talent restructuring. But with arcane having only the one good slow for a single target it's not as played. You could argue that arcane is not effective in PvP but that one dude will always pop up saying he has only every played as arcane in pvp and has 2500 rating... so, there you have it... the best spec for pvp is based on opinion
Reply Quote
70 Human Warrior
Thats what I figured, thanks!
Reply Quote
Doesn't share DR with ROF. Pet nova is mainly got FoF procs.
Reply Quote
10/08/2012 12:51 PMPosted by Slatra

Incorrect, a good mage will be able to adjust to either spec depending on what's good.

Currently, it's frost.

Last season I played fire for a long time after being die hard frost since BC. Took a few weeks to adjust too and play at the same level as I was as frost.

sorry, a peeve to think "WELL THEY'RE JUST BAD AT X THATS WHY THEY PLAY Y" talk.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
FoF procs are nice but i'd argue that pet nova isn't "mainly for the FoF procs".

freeze is a CC. a CC that allows you to set up a quick shatter combo and/or:
freeze+counter spell or Deep Freeze to truly lock that player down and force a trinket/bubble.

The FoF procs aren't the main reason to use it, in a pvp situation. But it is a reason
Reply Quote
^ true
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
10/08/2012 12:56 PMPosted by Xiun

Incorrect, a good mage will be able to adjust to either spec depending on what's good.

Currently, it's frost.

Last season I played fire for a long time after being die hard frost since BC. Took a few weeks to adjust too and play at the same level as I was as frost.

sorry, a peeve to think "WELL THEY'RE JUST BAD AT X THATS WHY THEY PLAY Y" talk.

Yeah, I'm bias to fire. you can tell that clearly by looking at any of my posts, most likely. I didn't mean for it to sound like I'm talking down to frost mages.... but it's true the broad majority of active posters on this forum whom play pvp are frost and also bias.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]