What pet effects to chose?

33 Troll Hunter
Hello.

So IIRC all pets do the same DPS, yes? if spec'd into the same tree, but some, or all? Give out specific abilities

So far I run with 4 pets, like all. A wolf, 5% crit. another wolf (cause it looked bad-!@# YEAH!) A tiger, 3k Mastery. and a Turtle, for when I want to tank

Now that dungeons simplified the group buff window that shows what you're mission and what you're not, its easy for me to know What i need / don't need.

So when we got 5% crit, I chose my tiger for the 3k mastery, and vice versa

However sometimes I run into a group that has both of those buffs, so I just chose my cooler looking pet

However I am wondering what other pets are there that are actually useful to us that I should be going with as a Survival hunter when there is both crit and master in the group
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Serpent or Hyena, +10% attack speed.
Edited by Sevreth on 10/8/2012 7:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
This post made my head hurt.
Reply Quote
4 Dwarf Hunter
10/08/2012 07:14 PMPosted by Stalkings
This post made my head hurt.

no
Reply Quote
89 Goblin Hunter
There's a good guide at Warcraft Hunters Union. It is slightly outdated (Still shows the old cat/spirit beast buff, etc.), but it does provide a good idea of what pet families give the most useful buffs. Hope this helps you out!

http://www.warcrafthuntersunion.com/2010/10/cataclysm-hunter-pet-and-raid-buffs/

Cheers!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
www.wow-petopia.com/
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
It's not about the dps of the pet. Each pet will so the same dps as another pet of the same spec. The buff the pet brings is the important thing.

However my BS radar is going off. OP is level 29. At that level, hunters only know call pet 2, he can only have two pets with him, not four.

Either he's managed to jump 33 levels to learn call pet 4 and the armory's not showing it; he's talking about a higher level hunter; or he's trolling. My vote is that he's trolling.
Reply Quote
33 Troll Hunter
It's not about the dps of the pet. Each pet will so the same dps as another pet of the same spec. The buff the pet brings is the important thing.

However my BS radar is going off. OP is level 29. At that level, hunters only know call pet 2, he can only have two pets with him, not four.

Either he's managed to jump 33 levels to learn call pet 4 and the armory's not showing it; he's talking about a higher level hunter; or he's trolling. My vote is that he's trolling.

Does it really matter what level I am? And I know pets do the same DPS, I even mentioned that

You're a bright one aren't ya?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
10/09/2012 01:28 PMPosted by Darican
www.wow-petopia.com/
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]