My real account has been hacked!

47 Goblin Priest
I've been sitting here staring at my computer screen looking at all my WoW characters lose all their clothes while I stare at this screen giving me hollow promises about fixing my account.

They changed my email as well. Will that affect the restoration? Please help me. I'm having major anxiety.
Reply Quote
14 Blood Elf Priest
If they changed your e-mail, that means that they have access to your e-mail account as well as wow. That means that you REALLY need to secure your computer ASAP!! There's definitely some malicious software somewhere that's gathering this information and giving it to hackers.

Before you worry about wow, worry about your computer's security or it will happen again and they will likely steal more than just a game account!

Then check this link to recover your account:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/932784008
Reply Quote
47 Goblin Priest
That's depressing. Thanks though. I'll keep trying to scan with Malwarebytes. :<
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I'll keep trying to scan with Malwarebytes. :<

When you scan open up the wow client and put some gibberish in the password field. Some bad programs will only show themselves when there is info to steal.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]