When a tank tells you how to heal....

90 Pandaren Priest
Yes this happened to me the other day....a DK tank told me to use my mana more effectively by using greater heal instead of flash heal cause its cheaper...I said no your dying to fast so I cannot. They cost the same one has more heals yes but still he is dying to fast to heal him that way...this irks me a bit...not to mention he continues to tell me he was a Shammy healer back when and its similar. Um no its not. Anyone else frustrated by people's unhelpful advice.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
When a bad player gives you advice you simply just say "yeah, uh-huh" and continue doing whatever it was you were doing.

Gotta love squishy tanks.
Reply Quote
94 Undead Priest
LNC
As long as you complete your job, who cares how you get it done?

I passed a lot of courses in college using techniques not taught by the professors. Still got the same answers. They never told me "You're doing it wrong".
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
If I had a Spirit of Harmony for every time a tank turned his back on mobs and was crippled while trying to tell folks how to heal or dps.....
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I like how everyone just assumes the OP really wasn't doing anything wrong.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
10/09/2012 08:40 AMPosted by Consite
I like how everyone just assumes the OP really wasn't doing anything wrong.

Valid point to be sure. I suppose it just hit a sensitive issue.... :D

It is true that you don't want to use Flash Heal consistently as a main heal and make sure you know your healing spec(s) and most effective uses of spells, reforges, etc.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Well there's only one example given of the OP either playing or not playing correctly, and given the situation outlined in the OP he is playing correctly and the tank was wrong.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
If what the op said about tank health dropping too fast for gheal was true, then op did indeed make the right decision by using flash heal - outside of other, more complex rotational issues, there isn't really anything else to the decision between greater and flash heal.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
While flash heal is bad. Could say that a dk should not have that much damage spiking him. Given blood shield and all. And it does not work to things you aren't facing. At least in cata it didn't. I checked. By health got wrecked. But death strike was pretty.

I rock in as holy now. I needed a dps spec badly and not regretting it. How my bar is set up. Same for both healing specs really. I had flash heal in an off spot for disc. And flash heal is mainly a holy thing. Since I can keep renew up and have a strong instant cast heal. Which ups my crit chance as well. So I can just keep using heal. Get surge of light heals and use as needed. Then prayer of healing. Worries me when I hear it blast off and dissipate. Wondering what the heck happened to it.

Overall it may have been the tanks I had as well. As well as people seeming to not be idiots.

Nobody likes squishy tanks. I had one say he was sorry for being squishy, but he was working on figuring it out. so being a not stupid person, he pulled a bit smaller. ccd a few things. (Yes, crowd control an option to do? something that could drasticly make chain pulling easier for everyone?)

In the end, you all live, and dks are by all means not squishy. Can say what you want with spiky damage. If they can hit death strike and blood boil here and there. They shall live. Maybe anti magic shell/field if needed.

I know my dks going to rock out the zone. that things saved too many lives as unholy and you can laugh as that giant instakill meteor goes to you. pop the zone. vengence kicks in with your high health. And you see. very tiny numbers. (75% is a huge amount of reduction. Especially on top of bone shield. Which should be up all the time it could be.)

You shoulda reminded em about hitting blood boil to help spread diseases. Slower attack speed and less damage is a pretty big thing. Plus it also spawns bloodworms more often. And that blocking with the face is better than letting them smack your rear.

But I would use lightspring. Yes it isn't as good as lightwell. But stick it up between a few packs and by the boss for it to reach tank, and your pretty well set. Adds an extra hot when they hit 50%. Helping you make a recovery if it happens. Plus free heal.

But our greater heal isn't anything special.However. aoe, we have more than credited. Cascade. Either heal your allies, or pull an entire room. That thing will do that.

If tank is squish. Ask dps to cc something or two. If they can't do that, then thats why theres a challenge in dungeons. it make everything easier. And allows priest to also do damage.
Reply Quote
The Death Knight was right.
Reply Quote
I had an epic heroic the other day.... first 2 bosses downed easily... the entire run nobody had said a word.

We get to the last boss and the tank spouts off "I'm warning heals, if I die, you get kicked" and 2 of the dps (who are also in his guild) follow up with "lol"...

Well his comments were unnecessary and quite honestly pissed me off just a bit...

So he pulled... and I let him die. Then the dps die.

"How about I let you die and leave the group?"

You have left the group. It was pretty epic.
Reply Quote
I had an epic heroic the other day.... first 2 bosses downed easily... the entire run nobody had said a word.

We get to the last boss and the tank spouts off "I'm warning heals, if I die, you get kicked" and 2 of the dps (who are also in his guild) follow up with "lol"...

Well his comments were unnecessary and quite honestly pissed me off just a bit...

Bwahahaha. A wonderful act of Valor.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
theoretically you could alternate gh and fh due to serendipity and it would provide more hps at a lower cost but if he's dying that fast sometimes there's just not much you can do! :s
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

I applaud you :)
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
First day I tried this year's brewfest... Level 89 tank pulled boss, turned himself away from the boss, and bloodboil spammed. Mr. Tank held 0 aggro until the boss had run around and killed everyone other than the tank. Thankfully, the dps managed to get the boss to 5% hp. The tank wised up and finished off the fight. He left the group with the following wisdom: "Healer needs to go to healer school."
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I would have just used greater heal and let him bite the dust during a cast. After the wipe you could just say "I am not sure what went wrong I was just following your advice..."

The week before MoP dropped I had a warrior keep telling me to not use shield on him because it is "Messen with mah rage!" I tried to explain to him that shield had not worked that way since BC or maybe even vanilla as far as I can remember but every once in awhile I would drop a shield on him during a spike and he would take the time to fuss at me afterwards.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]