Can you play as a Panda on a Trial Account?

90 Night Elf Death Knight
So i brought my laptop to my parents place for the weekend and my 14 year old little brother is currious of WoW, Im thinking or Recruiting Him... Before i do that i want him to test it out with the Trial... My question is that he seen me playing as panda and had asked me, if i created him an trial account can he play as a panda?

I wasnt sure what the trial accounts offer, are you able to play as a panda? and does the trial account only last up to 30 days? because if i recall i remember last checking that you can play your trial account until the character hits 20... is that no longer true?

what else is required for the trial account?
Edited by Ðárkmystic on 10/9/2012 3:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Yeah, you can play panda. 5.0.4 made it so you don't need the expansion for each race
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
I'm pretty sure you can.
If trial accounts could roll blood elves and draenei, i don't see why not.

Plus, I ran into a trial dude the other day. He was a worgen.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
Yes, but the panda can't be a monk.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
As far as I know Blizzard stated that even if you just have a basic battlechest that you can play every race, just not every class.

Don't quote me on that because it's been awhile since I've read that. I can go look up the post that explains it if you need me to.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
You can play any race. The only classes that are restricted are Death Knights and Monks.

The trial lasts forever, but he can only go up to level 20.
He is limited to /say, /party and I believe /yell.
He can only party when invited, but he cannot invite.
He can't join guilds, talk in /general, or /trade, nor can he use the Auction House or Mail.
He can only have up to 10g per character.
He can only reply to whispers, and can only whisper those who have added him to their friends list.
He can only go up to 100 skill points in any of the professions.

Those are the limitations off the top of my head.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I wasnt sure what the trial accounts offer, are you able to play as a panda? and does the trial account only last up to 30 days? because if i recall i remember last checking that you can play your trial account until the character hits 20... is that no longer true?

You can keep making different characters and leveling them to 20 but the character that has hit level 20 will no longer gain xp if or when you upgrade to full.
Reply Quote
You can play any race. The only classes that are restricted are Death Knights and Monks.

The trial lasts forever, but he can only go up to level 20.
He is limited to /say, /party and I believe /yell.
He can only party when invited, but he cannot invite.
He can't join guilds, talk in /general, or /trade, nor can he use the Auction House or Mail.
He can only have up to 10g per character.
He can only reply to whispers, and can only whisper those who have added him to their friends list.
He can only go up to 100 skill points in any of the professions.

Those are the limitations off the top of my head.

Okey dokey then :) Thanks for looking up that piece o info for me, appreciate it :)
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
"Before we got MoP, we rolled two pandas, the only thing was they couldn't be Monks. So yes, kind of."
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Oh, I didn't look anything up :P. I just know the trials really well.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
10/09/2012 03:45 PMPosted by Ariavknight
the character that has hit level 20 will no longer gain xp if or when you upgrade to full.
Wha??????
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
10/09/2012 03:43 PMPosted by Morrice
Yes, but the panda can't be a monk.
Reply Quote

You can keep making different characters and leveling them to 20 but the character that has hit level 20 will no longer gain xp if or when you upgrade to full.

Ok then, Thanks for the information :)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
im still on my trial account...

**shifty eyes**

Not really.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]