1v1 with BM hunters.

90 Night Elf Rogue
Is there in any way in hell that we can win against BM hunters on 1v1?
Reply Quote
Pop all your !@#$ and pray they don't know what they're doing.
Reply Quote
Cloak and Vanish
Run away.
The better person walks away from a fight. (I just say that when I know I'm about to get obliterated)
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Even if you Vanish when the pet is red, IT COMES AFTER YOU ANYWAY! EVEN IN VANISH! FFSWTFISTHATSH$T. Until lynx rush is over and by then it's gg anyway because hunter has you dotted so you'll pop out of stealth about a second after lynx rush is over. Then they press stampede with their 5 bloody spectral wolfs and 200-250k damage-in-about-2-sec later you are a ragged corpse that's rezzed and watching your partners get /LOLd /clapped at.

Also worthy of note is: the pet attacks you as soon as you open on hunter, regardless of whether or not you are specced into the subterfuge talent. Also hunter's flare negates subterfuge too so vs. a hunter it's fairly useless. Additionally with the hunter's deterrence on like a 15 sec CD or something ridiculous vs our 24 sec Shadowstep CD, or overly expensive BoS it's nigh impossible to connect, I guess Prep could help in that situation, MAYBE. And some people still living in Cata land might say kill the pet, LOL. I did that in arena the other day and the hunter summoned another one, instantly, wtf is up with that?!?! I mean I nearly cried, I thought voila, killed pet means gg, nope. I was so wrong.

Short answer is no, no rogues can't beat a BM hunter at all. Not even close. Unless of course the BM hunter is afk/severely retarded in which case you still won't beat them, but you may get them down to 30% or so at best before they get back from coffee/stop drooling and press a button. But they might DC if you're in Ring Of Valor and you're lucky or w/e.
Edited by Erunbauko on 10/9/2012 10:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I duel my arena partner who is a hunter and he detects me in stealth before I can open every time. I'll be 20 yards away and he will see me and destroy me. You never have a chance, not for one second.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Run away and tell a warrior.

I've had extremely limited luck using paralytic shivs to extend stun chains in hopes that 10-12 seconds of banging is enough. If he trinks it, blind and bolt.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Distract, cheap shot, get your poisons on your target, kidney, get your slice and dice up, disarm, get your rupture going if you're assassination or sub, blind, /dance, bust him and remember not to shadow step til it uses disengage, be slowed, pop your evasion, pop your combat readiness when that's down (remember to keep using feint throughout the fight), cast smoke bomb because your readiness is down and you're dying, /dance in it, smoke bomb should be long enough to allow you to restealth if bad hunter doesn't have pet on you, if you restealth cheap shot and kidney, then /vanish, run away because it's still alive and hope that a warrior will do the rest.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
@Sick

1. But how do you open with distract and CS when they are in camo and flare? I genuinely want to know the best way to open on a hunter in camo and flare.

2. BTW because Bestial Wrath is an enrage it also gets them out of ANY stuns including blind and it's a 1 min CD... Whats blind again?

3."Keep using feint throughout" Because you have so much energy right? Although using it along with evasion when the hunter hits Lynx rush/Kill command/Bestialwrath and/or Stampede may let you survive a little longer though.

4. "Run away and hope a warrior will do the rest" <------- This X 100 :-D QFT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
@Sick

1. But how do you open with distract and CS when they are in camo and flare? I genuinely want to know the best way to open on a hunter in camo and flare.

2. BTW because Bestial Wrath is an enrage it also gets them out of ANY stuns including blind and it's a 1 min CD... Whats blind again?

3."Keep using feint throughout" Because you have so much energy right? Although using it along with evasion when the hunter hits Lynx rush/Kill command/Bestialwrath and/or Stampede may let you survive a little longer though.

4. "Run away and hope a warrior will do the rest" <------- This X 100 :-D QFT

Assuming it's a bad hunter. They're out there. I've seen them.
I never have had a problem with feints energy cost. I keep it up all the time np! It's just really annoying to do so.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
No seriously, what's the best method of attacking a hunter in camo and flare? I would love to know. Because they have camo/flare for infinity. You can't wait it out. They last for 1 min, and 20 sec respectively and can get refreshed every 1 min/20 sec. SO unless you give away the advantage of a stealth attack and open with AOE in which case the pet is on you instantly and the hunter a half a second later, you've got nothing. If anyone has any tricks or strats please let me know.

Edit: Thanks in advance.
Edited by Erunbauko on 10/10/2012 1:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10/10/2012 01:22 AMPosted by Erunbauko
No seriously, what's the best method of attacking a hunter in camo and flare?

Last season, Neilyo used to spam target nearest enemy player and gouge to get the hunter out of camo.

This won't work as well this season because hunters can move in camo if glyphed, but what I'll normally do is just wait for the flare to be thrown, take a guess where it came from, and spam target nearest enemy player and cheap-shot together.

This has failed me so...there is probably a better method, but I'm yet to discover it so I'll just go with

Edit: You have to walk into the flare, there's a bit of a delay from it bringing you out (unless it's changed between 4.3 and now). Hence the this has failed me, as the hunter will toss out a flare then move somewhere else.
Edited by Sinsbad on 10/10/2012 2:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
Stealth and run away as far as you can and never get caught.
He'll eventually give up.
Win with patience!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
you kinda don't.

That is, assuming similar skill levels.

Assassination doesn't have the sustain to keep enough pressure on the hunter to make them defensive, they'll deter your burst and kite you. Though if you get vendetta on the hunter before they go into camo you might get a chance to open.

Combat cant use its major burst CD without spamming damage onto the pet. GREAT DESIGN ON THAT ONE BY THE WAY BLIZZARD, I REALLY WANTED TO CHAIN KS THE CRAB.

If they're bad? You should kill them no problem. There's not really a middle ground, assuming their CDs are up.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
Play vanilla through cata and laugh as Blizz casually strips hunters of anything that might be useful in fighting a rogue to the point where hunters pretty much exist as comic relief for rogues and you should be having a grand time my man!

In MOP, all things being equal, (i.e. gear / experience), it's a matter of who makes the first mistake.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
Sounds just like the way things were for hunters vs. rogues 1v1 for years. As in y e a r s.

Even if you Vanish when the pet is red, IT COMES AFTER YOU ANYWAY! EVEN IN VANISH! FFSWTFISTHATSH$T. Until lynx rush is over and by then it's gg anyway because hunter has you dotted so you'll pop out of stealth about a second after lynx rush is over. Then they press stampede with their 5 bloody spectral wolfs and 200-250k damage-in-about-2-sec later you are a ragged corpse that's rezzed and watching your partners get /LOLd /clapped at.

Also worthy of note is: the pet attacks you as soon as you open on hunter, regardless of whether or not you are specced into the subterfuge talent. Also hunter's flare negates subterfuge too so vs. a hunter it's fairly useless. Additionally with the hunter's deterrence on like a 15 sec CD or something ridiculous vs our 24 sec Shadowstep CD, or overly expensive BoS it's nigh impossible to connect, I guess Prep could help in that situation, MAYBE. And some people still living in Cata land might say kill the pet, LOL. I did that in arena the other day and the hunter summoned another one, instantly, wtf is up with that?!?! I mean I nearly cried, I thought voila, killed pet means gg, nope. I was so wrong.

Short answer is no, no rogues can't beat a BM hunter at all. Not even close. Unless of course the BM hunter is afk/severely retarded in which case you still won't beat them, but you may get them down to 30% or so at best before they get back from coffee/stop drooling and press a button. But they might DC if you're in Ring Of Valor and you're lucky or w/e.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
Play vanilla through cata and laugh as Blizz casually strips hunters of anything that might be useful in fighting a rogue to the point where hunters pretty much exist as comic relief for rogues and you should be having a grand time my man!

In MOP, all things being equal, (i.e. gear / experience), it's a matter of who makes the first mistake.

Wait what? You've always had an ability that allows you to see us in stealth. We were given a tool to deal with that in BC, as well as most other problematic dots.

In wrath you picked up flare, the only ability that prevents us using vanish as well as knocking us out of stealth regardless of whether we can manage to dodge the ability or not. (citation needed)

In cata you got camo, basically forcing a rogue to FoK spam the flare/camo and hope his crippling poison procced so he could actually get on you and drop a bleed before you pop deterrence.

Now if the hunter bothers to spec into imp camo it's a permastealth and the rogue basically loses the open completely, as our main break tool, sap, doesn't work on camo because it is not a melee range skill, while your break skill, whatever you like, will. Its better to just stand around until the hunter starts shooting you and vanish for your open like you would after 2+ minutes of running around like a jackass looking for each other.

It's not a matter of who makes the first mistake, it's a matter of your class having
A. Broken mechanics (Lynx rush, Blink strike, Stampede all ignoring resil)
B. So many tools to frustrate a rogue and the burst to drop them even without the bug.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
10/09/2012 10:35 PMPosted by Erunbauko
Even if you Vanish when the pet is red, IT COMES AFTER YOU ANYWAY! EVEN IN VANISH!

i agree
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]