Holy numbers

90 Human Paladin
So what is the verdict like?

I've seen mogushan LFR. Holy pallies are horrible on heal meters. Sucking in AOE like we have always been.

Also prism or hammer?

How are 10 mans?

Also, what is the most mana optimum rotation? Right now, the only way to generate hopo is shock and radiance. I don't see myself using HR all the time. So what do in a 10/25 raid setting?

Or are we doomed to always heal the tank?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
For LFR,

Lights hammer was #2 or 3 on my healing. Definitely recommend it.

For times on intense AoE healing requirement, I went with Holy Avenger and do a rotation of shock, light of dawn, crusader strike, light of dawn... Puts up great numbers.

And in general, Eternal Flame is a great talent. I've been quite happy with it above sacred shield, especially if you run mastery.

I was #1-2 on every fight for LFR.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
There's so much overheal in LFR there's no point in trying to evaluate numbers there, honestly. LFR is a complete joke compared to normals right now and it's just a snipe fest.

As far as in Normals, I'd say Holy is in a good spot. Personally, I'm not a fan of LoD being our "finisher" as it feels a little weak, but either way I'm not going to complain too much because the synergy with mastery feels really good.

As far as 25m (that's what I raid), it all comes down to talents on the fights. Some fights I will use the Divine Purpose/Sacred Shield combination. Some fights I will use the Holy Avenger/Eternal Flame combination.

You should be Holy Shocking on CD. As far as a "rotation", there really isn't one. I shock on CD, spot heal the raid with Holy Light, keep SS or EF rolling on tanks (generally - sometimes not worth the GCD), and weave in the occasional HR to generate some HoPo. The biggest thing is to play smart and to not waste mana, just to generate HoPo. That seems to be a trap that a lot of people are falling into (I catch myself doing it) because of Dragon Soul. I've caught myself using LoD and producing overheal, which should almost NEVER happen.

Light's Hammer feels MUCH stronger for me in 25m than Prism. I tried Prism for two fights and hated it. It didn't put near the healing out that LH did. Prism may be better on some 10m Fights (Elegon comes to mind).

Also, but this has been up for debate in my guild, but I think Divine Light is not worth casting right now. It scales too poorly compared to FoL. Flash hits just a bit softer, for a tiny bit more of a mana cost, however casts for 40% less time. Add in the FoL glyph, and that's what I'm switching too. It feels much more worth it keeping HL spam going, and spotting in FoLs, rather than weaving in DL with a long cast time (unless it's an IoL proc).
Edited by Adornus on 10/10/2012 7:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

Also, but this has been up for debate in my guild, but I think Divine Light is not worth casting right now. It scales too poorly compared to FoL. Flash hits just a bit softer, for a tiny bit more of a mana cost, however casts for 40% less time. Add in the FoL glyph, and that's what I'm switching too.

This actually sounds quite attractive! Considering most of us aren't stacking haste like we traditionally would at the start of an expansion, DL is extremely slow. I'll probably give this a shot tonight and see how it feels.

I've seen mogushan LFR. Holy pallies are horrible on heal meters. Sucking in AOE like we have always been.

As others mentioned, LFR is a terrible place to analyze things. However, I don't think our AoE is as terrible as you make it sound. Holy Radiance + Holy Shock for daybreak healing certainly isn't anything to write home about, but it does a respectable amount of clumped raid healing.

Also prism or hammer?

Hammer, hands down, for 25 mans.

How are 10 mans?

WoG/EF > LoD

Prism > Light's Hammer (I would assume this is the case anyway)

Also, what is the most mana optimum rotation? Right now, the only way to generate hopo is shock and radiance. I don't see myself using HR all the time. So what do in a 10/25 raid setting?

Or are we doomed to always heal the tank?

Not sure I know the "most mana optimum rotation" but I can certainly tell you that it involves very controlled use of Holy Radiance. I try my best to always cast Holy Shock after a holy radiance as it's just free additional healing through daybreak. You can also generate HoPo in a pinch with CS or ToR.

Overall, we're definitely moving slightly back into a "tank healing with raid support" role, which was basically where we were in T12 and probably even late T11. I can't say I mind the role at all. Yes, it will take some getting used to again, but I like our toolkit and I like that we're competitive in nearly every aspect of healing.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
To the OP, Holy pallies are far from horrible on heal meters, I topped LFR easily. You should read up on your stat priorities and reforge your gear to start. I prefer hammer over prism, i think its more versatile, also there is no "rotation" you pretty much need to use holy shock on cd and learn which spells are more mana/heal efficient in every situation. Also I don't know why there is still a stigma on Hpallies being tank healers we actually do not have the hardest hitting single target heals and we have had beacon for a long time now, the whole mechanic of beacon is telling you to not focus the tank so much.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

I just want to facepalm at this. I'm not sure where you have been for most of Cata through now but we haven't been sucking at AoE for quite a while (arguably depending on your talent choices right now you may be less effective).

As far as LFR it's a complete crapfest. Considering you can literally ignore every mechanic except arcane resonance (may have that name wrong) meters really don't matter or mean much. That said, I was easily topping the meters though on every single fight yesterday and was in the bottom 3 for over-healing done.

I've also been a fan of hammer more than prism for 10 mans. It may just be that it's a bit easier to manage over prism. The only downside to hammer is if you drop it and the raid is forced to re-position and exit the area of effect.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I really recommend Light's Hammer, as stated above.

I topped the healing on every fight in LFR by a decent margin, healing around 50k and above. The 10 man raids are kinda weird with loot, but it stops complainers.

Overall going from Resto Druid to Holy Pally (which i've been playing for about seven years) in this xpac is paying off so far for PvE
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]