Is our melee range broken?

Why are people always out of range!? Right in front of me. Doesn't feel like that on my warrior or rogue. I'm at the same range on my monk and people are right there, but i'm not hitting them!?

Also it seems like my jab gets dodged and parried a lot. I even have a decent amount of hit and expertise. If other classes get dodged or parried thats okay, theyre still gaining resouces to try for a big hit again. We however go back to square one and hit them for 2k with another jab and hope it works this time so you can chi wave because by that time youre at 1/2 health since ww is squishy as hell.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I feel this sometimes but I dunno
Reply Quote
80 Human Priest
You are not the only person having this problem..

Leg Sweep, FoF, Disable, and just basic kicking/punching will miss or give you "out of range" even if you are on top of someone because of lag.

We need about a 5 yard increase to everything. I don't have this problem on any of my melee classes except this one.
Reply Quote
I feel the same way, a 5 yard range to everything would fix this. Im sitting here spamming disable.. and getting out of range while my target puts a slow on me and walks away.. One of the problems atm in WW pvp, is staying on target, and this "bug" or whatever it is, isnt helping at all.
EDIT: I feel like I need to be picking my targets nose for anything to land.
Edited by Jisoon on 10/10/2012 10:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
91 Pandaren Monk
Myself and every other monk I've played with all have the same problem. Especially in PvP. I will be standing almost ontop of my target and my abilities say I'm out of range.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Experienced the same thing...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Oh, how many times have I chased down my prey, leapt from my mount mashing my Disable key, and watched in dismay as it never went off? Further agonizing the situation, in an act of emblazoned determination, I'd FSK after them, past them, time the landing to snare them, and watch in despair as they ride on, unphased, uninterested, and unconcerned.

I weep openly every time.
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
Yes, i think our melee range is 3 yards, not 5 like others. Definitely a bug. I tested it on a dummy, and there its 5 yards, but sometimes i feel it bugs out or lags out or something. Something is askew.
Edited by Kimborice on 10/10/2012 12:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
91 Pandaren Monk
Why are people always out of range!? Right in front of me. Doesn't feel like that on my warrior or rogue. I'm at the same range on my monk and people are right there, but i'm not hitting them!?

Also it seems like my jab gets dodged and parried a lot. I even have a decent amount of hit and expertise. If other classes get dodged or parried thats okay, theyre still gaining resouces to try for a big hit again. We however go back to square one and hit them for 2k with another jab and hope it works this time so you can chi wave because by that time youre at 1/2 health since ww is squishy as hell.

I agree our melee range is shorter then Rogues, DK's, Warriors etc.

I feel like my guy has to literally be STANDING on someone to hit them in pvp.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]