I Was Debating Rolling A Priest…

90 Troll Druid
But I get here and the general consensus is that priests are meh at best. Should I even bother? I wanted to try something different since almost every raid I'm in there's atleast two rdruids. So should I level her wnd hope for the best? Or just stick with rin and maybe roll a shammy.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
yes monks and shamans are amazing at the moment....but Holy Priests are far from bad. you just need to understand your regen and coordinate heals with your other healers. glyph of lightspring is godly and Divine Insight for holy is amazing as well. disc is good if you can coordinate spirit shell properly but that takes knowledge of the fights which most people dont have at the moment. priests are fun, they dont suck, and theyre not op. it feels like it should playing holy currently.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I know that I'll never have a druid healer (no many how many times I try to finish leveling mine - it just doesn't happen) - I learned that from TRYING. I suggest you try rolling a priest to see if you enjoy the playstyle. All 3 specs are fun and have a lot to offer. But you won't know if you like if you don't make one.

From everything I read, priests are not going to be high demand in truly competitive raiding guilds, or at the tops of the healing charts. Our mana return mechanics (esp Disc) are incredibly bad for the most part. We have to watch ourselves much closer than other healers. It can be done for sure - and with very good results. But it is tricky right now. Luckily, I'm not in a world first guild. Luckily my GM/Raid Leader would smite me dead if I gave up on the priest.

I love my main and priests in general. They are still my favorite class. I only hope that Blizzard pays the same amount of attention to their issues as they seem to be with every other healing - or rather - class in the game. Time will tell. This is my first new expansion (started in Cata), but I gather from others we get hit with the crap-stick every time there is a new expansion.

Try it..you'll like it ;)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
10/10/2012 11:23 AMPosted by Empathize
They're going to inevitably buff us.

Don't go breakin mah heaaaart.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Priest
10/10/2012 07:33 PMPosted by Bestworld
They're going to inevitably buff us.

Don't go breakin mah heaaaart.

/crosses fingers and toes

COMEON BLIZZ! Then again I don't have a problem "at the moment" with this prest but then again only level 72 :P
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Its silly to base your character choice on current balance since it changes so much over the course of an expansion. Play what you think you'll have fun with.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/10/2012 08:24 PMPosted by Grobin
Its silly to base your character choice on current balance since it changes so much over the course of an expansion. Play what you think you'll have fun with.

Definitely this. I made the mistake of rolling a Paladin to help our raid instead of going with my gut and leveling a Shaman. Then of course Shammies got buffed and they are great now. I suggest watching youtube videos on the healers of interest (making sure they are current), and reading a little about their abiltiies, then making a decison based on the style that interests you the most, not the current class balance.
Edited by Kirse on 10/10/2012 8:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
10/10/2012 08:24 PMPosted by Grobin

yeah...but I have to say that priests are not fun anymore in the current state.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
10/10/2012 11:17 AMPosted by Rintlek
But I get here and the general consensus is that priests are meh at best. Should I even bother? I wanted to try something different since almost every raid I'm in there's atleast two rdruids. So should I level her wnd hope for the best? Or just stick with rin and maybe roll a shammy.

Right now priests are in a precarious position. I'm not having problems yet (raiding Mogu'shan vaults). Yes, I could always use more mana. Each time I add more spirit it gets easier but I know stacking spirit for too long will be an issue with throughput. The spell costs are high. And mana management was always awkward. We are the only ones who rely on outside sources for mana management (1. Shadowfiend on mobs. 2. A CHANNELED Hymm of Hope which will replenish players with the lowest mana, that sometimes might not be you and we have to really pick our spots when its ok to channel that spell; an extra burden).

In any case, I still have my eye on what the top guilds in world are doing and the numbers they are reporting and it concerns me. If I knew this coming into MOP (i was away for most of Cata) I might have just started a monk mistweaver and been done with it. As it stands now, I am not leveling my horde priest until issues in BGs have been settled but that leaves said priest behind in a big way gear-wise. I will always be trying to catch up to players much more geared than I am in the BGs.
Edited by Hollywould on 10/11/2012 10:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
10/10/2012 08:54 PMPosted by Mahadev

yeah...but I have to say that priests are not fun anymore in the current state.

I still have fun with mine. Of course, I really only run with friends and guildies.
Reply Quote
94 Human Priest
Blizz is unpredictable... Perhaps by the time you're lvl 90 on your Priest they will be decent again?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
If you're interested in PvP, be ready to not get to do any when you hit 90. If you're interested in raiding, maybe you can get by in normals.

I love priest. Disc is all I enjoy playing in this game, and I think you might have a lot of fun with it too. Just not right now...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]