AOE disparity should be addressed?

90 Goblin Priest
I wouldn't be one to complain about a ~20% difference between my AOE and most, maybe with an outlier hunter of 40% higher.

I think it's safe to complain when hunter aoe dps is 400% higher than I, and melee facerolls to double what I'm putting out. When we get to a boss, I beat both of those on single and double-target dps by 10% give or take, due to better gear, losing to the middling-geared mage, which I can tolerate.

For anything larger than a pack of 6, multidot dps takes so long to ramp up. But MS itself just isn't getting the job done. SWP then MS doesn't help much in aggregate due to ramp up.

Ranged other than hunters are nerfed for AOE.

Maybe having a way to pre-load shadow orbs (I suppose I could pick up an inflatable training dummy or whatever that item was), and have shadow orbs affect MS damage.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Most trash doesn't live long enough to matter. Hunters can pop short CD's and burst most people out of the water but then they drop off pretty fast. I wouldn't sweat it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
If your raid leader is choosing people based on their ability to burn through trash packs, then /gquit. If not, this is not a problem. If you are a valuable contributor when it comes to boss fights, stop worrying about meters on trash.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Just wait until you see what an ele shaman can do now for AOE :D
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
10/11/2012 12:14 AMPosted by Kallìk
Most trash doesn't live long enough to matter. Hunters can pop short CD's and burst most people out of the water but then they drop off pretty fast. I wouldn't sweat it.

BM sucks at AEing. The OP is appears to be talking about Survival AE, which isn't dependent on CDs at all and is probably one of the best sustained AE specs in the game. No ramp up time, and a large portion of the AE is not subject to target caps.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
I cant say the same for the dps, considering the level of guild im in,

but i can say the aoe difference is pathetic, and then they have feng the occursed a perfect example where mind sear is too !@#$ and multidot is too %^-*
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
10/12/2012 07:50 AMPosted by Aertea
No ramp up time, and a large portion of the AE is not subject to target caps.

And the AE isn't consistently considered AE for targets that have resistance to it; See, Harlan's adds.

It's too bad our single target DPS is so terrible. Auto shot > explosive shot, what?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter

It's too bad our single target DPS is so terrible. Auto shot > explosive shot, what?

Explosive shot should hit harder, but a single tic of explosive does more damage than an auto shot.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Let me explain to the OP something.

See, as a Pure class... Blizzard does this sort of balancing thing. That whole "hybrid tax" is gone now, so in balance terms, a pure should be doing the same amount of dps as a hybrid.

But the difference comes in here...

I have 3 dps specs, you have ONE dps spec.

Since Blizzard cannot make the 3 dps specs balanced, they do this "niche role" thing, where one of my specs is the best at a specific role, and generally worse at another.

You, as a hybrid... only have ONE dps spec. Therefore, while I have to re-spec to be good at single target, good at burst, or good at AoE, you have all those tools in one.

So how do you expect to be able to out-aoe a spec that's sole purpose is AoE, when your spec isn't designed for a niche, but is designed for a multi-purpose?

Wouldn't that seem unfair?

You can also faceroll your aoe to far above destro, demo, and aff.

Just sayin.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
For people talking about 'lol quit your guild if they care about trash dps': there are raid bosses that require AoE damage and spriest is lackluster at it.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Paladin
10/12/2012 05:19 PMPosted by Dysheki
For people talking about 'lol quit your guild if they care about trash dps': there are raid bosses that require AoE damage and spriest is lackluster at it.

This rings true on a few fights for sure.

The inherent lack of AoE from an SPriest is appalling and Blizzard has seemingly failed misserably at balancing the entirety of the three Priest specs for this expansion's launch.

Discipline is lackluster

Holy is behind every healing spec but Disc (oooooo congrats Holy?)

Shadow's single target DPS isn't terrible; however, lacking a real CD for on demand damage (we all remember H Spine of DW... burst is important) and a total lack of AoE throughput... Why not just bring another class?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
If you're talking about vault trash... there are packs of mobs that take extremely reduced aoe damage until the enraged mob is killed. This doesn't affect hunters or warlocks due to how their aoe turns into single target effects, making them impossible to beat on those pulls.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]