hacks@blizzard.com

(Locked)

90 Draenei Monk
Dear Blizzard,

I would like to apologize for the sheer volume of phishing emails I'm unable to forward to you.

You see, I get at the LEAST a half dozen of these a day. Sometimes closer to 10. To my primary email. Which is not my battle.net email. Unfortunately, I never got spam on this email account until I used it to sign up for Curse and a few other websites related to gaming. I'm not sure which is the culprit, but it's alright. I also get notices for game I do not have accounts for, such as Runescape.

That noted, I cannot send the vast majority of these to you. I decided to try to send the 5 I got this morning, but when I went to forward the second one to you, my email provider, Yahoo!, decided to flag my account for suspicious activity.. again.

This is getting annoying. Basically, because I have multiple emails to send to the same address, all of which contain malicious links, I get my account flagged for sending "bad" emails. Despite a company policy that requests we do so.

I emailed their support department and gave them a link to your policy on phishing emails, but if you guys could possibly contact them and do anything about this, it'd be nice. I'm not even sure if that's possible.

I also am not sure this is the only email provider to do this. Gmail does not do this. My Suddenlink email(ISP) would not do this. My old Comcast email did not do this. They should be able to flag the email address as allowing said "bad" emails. Besides, I highly doubt phishers are going to send email to this address, outing them. Hell, I've had my account flagged after attempting to send the FIRST email about it.

This is highly frustrating, especially when I'm trying to do you guys a solid and report this crap.

Best thing, most of the new ones I'm getting are MoP beta invites and D3 account action flags. Which are amusing.

Yet, my actual battle.net email is clean and devoid of spam. It's glorious. If I did not have this address for 7 years, and have everyone mailing me at this email, including folks that I haven't heard back from in quite some time(a friend of mine with kidney failure in Sweden I worry about constantly in particular) I'd have closed the email ages ago BECAUSE of the spam.

This isn't the first time I've posted about this. It's been a common theme for well over a year now. 48 hour email suspension for forwarding phishing attempts. GG Yahoo, GG.

*grumbles quietly in a corner*

/rant off
So put a block on anything that says blizzard on it since it's not your battle.net e-mail.
100 Blood Elf Priest
Add @blizzard.com and @battle.net to your white list on your email account.
100 Draenei Shaman
Adding them to the whitelist, will allow them in.. but not OUT at least in some cases.

I am on a canadian ISP, who has ties with their email with yahoo (we do the webmail through yahoo, etc). And while i was able to receive all my blizz emails there when i had that as my wow email.. i was not able to forward to hacks@blizzard.com either... SOMETHING in yahoo is stoping it... i dont know if someone was abusing it or something.

This is why, i use that one as my regular email now.. and use a GMAIL specificaly for wow and wow only.
90 Draenei Monk
10/11/2012 10:47 AMPosted by Flatspriest

Have. Doesn't work.

Only affects incoming email.

10/11/2012 10:45 AMPosted by Nobody
So put a block on anything that says blizzard on it since it's not your battle.net e-mail.

Won't work. The mail isn't actually sent from that address. It's a spoofed email.

I don't want to have the emails blocked. I don't care if they send them. I'm not stupid enough to click on the links in them, much less open them. I *know* it's not Blizzard. I *do* want to be able to report the damned things without my account getting flagged for sending "bad" emails.

Adding them to the whitelist, will allow them in.. but not OUT at least in some cases.

I am on a canadian ISP, who has ties with their email with yahoo (we do the webmail through yahoo, etc). And while i was able to receive all my blizz emails there when i had that as my wow email.. i was not able to forward to hacks@blizzard.com either... SOMETHING in yahoo is stoping it... i dont know if someone was abusing it or something.

This is why, i use that one as my regular email now.. and use a GMAIL specificaly for wow and wow only.

Yahoo scans outgoing mail for keywords and links to flag things as malicious, and sending multiple emails in a short period of time containing these flags, if it didn't send off the suspension for the first one, will set if off on the subsequent emails.

My other email address, my battle.net one, is also a Yahoo email address. I refuse to submit to the Google empire at this time, and since I have a history of changing ISPs every year or two(I've moved quite often; I'd still have my Comcast email if this area was serviced by Comcast, but unfortunately it's not), and I do not anticipate keeping this ISP for much more than another year or two at most(moving out of the county once the bf's done with college and ISP will change again). Having a third party email address has allowed me to keep one email for almost 10 years now.

The simple fact that I cannot abide by a company policy's request due to email automation is ridiculous.
33 Blood Elf Paladin
10/11/2012 12:59 PMPosted by Reshaari
I refuse to submit to the Google empire at this time,

They have an empire because their system actually works.

The simple fact that I cannot abide by a company policy's request due to email automation is ridiculous.

Contact Yahoo and complain. Complaining here about Yahoo's failures won't help.
1 Human Hunter

Have. Doesn't work.

Only affects incoming email.

Won't work. The mail isn't actually sent from that address. It's a spoofed email.

I don't want to have the emails blocked. I don't care if they send them. I'm not stupid enough to click on the links in them, much less open them. I *know* it's not Blizzard. I *do* want to be able to report the damned things without my account getting flagged for sending "bad" emails.

Yahoo scans outgoing mail for keywords and links to flag things as malicious, and sending multiple emails in a short period of time containing these flags, if it didn't send off the suspension for the first one, will set if off on the subsequent emails.

My other email address, my battle.net one, is also a Yahoo email address. I refuse to submit to the Google empire at this time, and since I have a history of changing ISPs every year or two(I've moved quite often; I'd still have my Comcast email if this area was serviced by Comcast, but unfortunately it's not), and I do not anticipate keeping this ISP for much more than another year or two at most(moving out of the county once the bf's done with college and ISP will change again). Having a third party email address has allowed me to keep one email for almost 10 years now.

So contact Yahoo... no one here will be able to contact them. Or you could e-mail hacks@blizzard.com and let them know, maybe someone in that department could contact them.
100 Human Priest
I started getting WoW fishing emails before I'd ever even signed up for an account. It's what made me download the trial, out of curiosity.

I used a different email, though. :-p
25 Night Elf Druid
Stop using a public email address.

I have one I use solely for Blizzard. I have NEVER EVER received a phish or spam on it.

Even after Blizz was compromised.

I HAVE on my public one that I've signed up with on fansites, add on sites, gaming sites, guild sites , etc..

I got one the other day claiming I was trying to sell my D3 account.
100 Night Elf Druid
I have a separate account just solely for Blizzard, and only Blizzard. I use my other accounts for things such as Curse, etc. When I get a Blizzard notification on my other accounts, I know they're junk.
It's amazing the amount of phishing mail these hackers send trying to hack your account.
Oh, don't forward the bad mail. Put it as an attachment when sending it directly to Blizzard. I don't think it will get flagged in that manner.
90 Draenei Monk
10/11/2012 01:05 PMPosted by Holyångel
They have an empire because their system actually works.

And the more information of yours they sell, the faster it'll crumble.

10/11/2012 01:08 PMPosted by Twolivecrew
So contact Yahoo... no one here will be able to contact them. Or you could e-mail hacks@blizzard.com and let them know, maybe someone in that department could contact them.

Have.

Stop using a public email address.

I have one I use solely for Blizzard. I have NEVER EVER received a phish or spam on it.

Even after Blizz was compromised.

I HAVE on my public one that I've signed up with on fansites, add on sites, gaming sites, guild sites , etc..

I got one the other day claiming I was trying to sell my D3 account.

Did not read the post.

My battle.net email doesn't get these. If you read the post you'd know this. Try again.

I have a separate account just solely for Blizzard, and only Blizzard. I use my other accounts for things such as Curse, etc. When I get a Blizzard notification on my other accounts, I know they're junk.
It's amazing the amount of phishing mail these hackers send trying to hack your account.
Oh, don't forward the bad mail. Put it as an attachment when sending it directly to Blizzard. I don't think it will get flagged in that manner.

Also apparently didn't read the post. I also have one.

Why the hell does everyone assume that the spam is coming to my battle.net account when I've specifically stated it doesn't?

They buy or ..otherwise acquire... the email database for fan sites and the like. That's also the main way they get battle.net email addresses for account hacking. Idiots using their battle.net email and password to sign up for other sites.

Blizzard's never really taken attachments. Also, sending it as an attachment is more work on my part to actually save the document than hitting "forward".

Here's the policy for those of you that can't be bothered to read it:

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/phishing

Report Phishing Emails
If you receive a phishing email, please forward the email to hacks@blizzard.com at your earliest convenience. When forwarding the email, copy and paste the entire email header into the message body to ensure that we are able to identify the source. This information will help us prevent future phishing emails of the same type.
--

Doing exactly this is what's getting my email account flagged. I've already complained to them. In fact, I've complained to them about it three times in the past six months. That's why I'm ranting here.
1 Pandaren Monk
i got this e-mail thats a hac

Greetings!

It has come to our attention that you are trying to sell your personal Diablo III account(s).
As you may not be aware of, this conflicts with the EULA and Terms of Agreement.
If this proves to be true, your account can and will be disabled.
It will be ongoing for further investigation by Blizzard Entertainment's employees.
If you wish to not get your account suspended you should immediately verify your account ownership.

You can confirm that you are the original owner of the account to this secure website with:
<removed>

Login to your account, In accordance following template to verify your account.

* First and Surname
* Secret Question and Answer
Show * Please enter the correct information

If you ignore this mail your account can and will be closed permanently.

Once we verify your account, we will reply to your e-mail informing you that we have dropped the investigation.

Regards,

Account Administration Team
Blizzard Entertainment
http://www.blizzard.com/support/
Diablo III , Blizzard Entertainment 2012

<removed>

k
Edited by Delumriel on 9/9/2013 1:24 PM PDT
14 Blood Elf Priest
Thanks Jingkito, but you need to forward it to the e-mail address "hacks@blizzard.com"

This thread is fairly old and not a way of reporting phishing/hacking e-mails ;)

Edit: You might want to remove your e-mail address from your post too! Otherwise you might start getting more of these :(
Edited by Perl on 11/4/2012 11:03 AM PST
100 Draenei Hunter
Actions
Blizzard Entertainm ent (noreply@battle.com)Add to contacts 7:29 AM
To: philharris

Greetings!

(1471519:28:592013-09-09Blizzard Entertainment)

It has come to our attention that you are trying to sell your personal Diablo III account(s).
As you may not be aware of, this conflicts with the EULA and Terms of Agreement.
If this proves to be true, your account can and will be disabled.
It will be ongoing for further investigation by Blizzard Entertainment's employees.
If you wish to not get your account suspended you should immediately verify your account ownership.(1471519:28:592013-09-09Blizzard Entertainment)

You can confirm that you are the original owner of the account to this secure website with:
<removed>

Login to your account, In accordance following template to verify your account.

* First and Surname
* Secret Question and Answer
Show * Please enter the correct information

If you ignore this mail your account can and will be closed permanently.
Once we verify your account, we will reply to your e-mail informing you that we have dropped the investigation.

Regards,

Account Administration Team
Blizzard Entertainment
http://www.blizzard.com/support/
Diablo III , Blizzard Entertainment 2013
Edited by Delumriel on 9/9/2013 1:28 PM PDT
100 Undead Warlock
Still a phish, still needs to be forwarded with headers to hacks@blizzard.com.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
So you think it's a really good idea to post the website, Afg? Right-click, report spam if you get another whisper like that.

Also, pay attention to the dates on the thread before you respond. This poor fellow is from 2012.
100 Gnome Mage
For the love of god.. edit out the website address.. Seriously..
90 Goblin Shaman
For the love of god stop necroing uber old threads.

Not sure why anyone would think Blizzard could control email outside of their servers is beyond me.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]