Justice and Honor Gear Changes

Community Manager
We’re working to adjust current Justice and Honor gear to better align with their intended values. Currently it’s more lucrative to run Battelgrounds for ilvl 464 epics, and convert all Justice to Honor to gear up. While some crossover is fine, the most optimal way to gear for PvE doesn’t make sense to happen through PvP.

This hotfix will ideally go out today, and once applied will change all Justice and Honor items (including those already purchased) in the following ways:

Justice Items
    Current – ilvl 450 Rare
    New – ilvl 458 Rare

Honor Items
    Current – ilvl 464 Epic
    New – ilvl 458 Rare

We’ll be increasing the PvP Power and Resilience on the Honor items by 15% to compensate for this change.

Again, our design in Mists of Pandaria is to allow for a greater degree of crossover between PvE and PvP using the same gear, but the original item levels simply made Honor gear (through Battlegrounds or conversion of Justice to Honor) a far better route to gear up for PvE. Players who enjoy PvE shouldn’t feel forced to PvP to get the best gear, and vice versa.
Edited by Bashiok on 10/2/2012 3:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
PvP gear will still be preferred if you still need rep for the gear, not sure if that was changed or not. Its just easier to get pvp gear if that's the case.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
So what you're telling me is the PvP gear I bought today and gemmed and disenchanted my old gear.. now I'm basically screwed?

Great. Thanks for that. Really appreciate all the wasted gold, materials, currency and time.

Buffing the PvP stats does nothing to compensate the PvE players you're screwing over by doing this.

Quite possibly the single worst decision I've seen this expansion.
Edited by Lothrik on 10/2/2012 1:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
So, now this really hurts the crafters of PvP gear, as there is no reason to even buy them now. I don't suppose we're getting any of our Spirits of Harmony back?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
Yeah, this doesn't really fix anything. As long as justice gear is inferior to Heroic drops, it's a totally broken system.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Bashiok can you tell us how this even went live like this? It took everyone literally 5 seconds to realise honor gear was superior to dungeon gear. How did nobody at Blizzard foresee this?
Edited by Seaborn on 10/2/2012 1:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
So.... you had ALL last week to think of this, and now you decide to put this in AFTER they become available? I can't really get mad, since I'll replace it all quickly anyway, but this is was very poorly handled, and should have very easily been forseen.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
Ah, heck. I suppose the pieces I already bought will be nerfed-- I already bought the PvP gear this afternoon with all my HP and my JP to gear up for raids tonight. Bye bye about 7000 points :(
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
This also makes me kind of mad.

I got rid of my 450ilvl gear for the pvp gear..i blew near 4000 justice points for nothing...

I blew 10 motes of Harmony, and your gear is still better than anything I can make with said recipes. So...enjoy!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]