Justice and Honor Gear Changes

90 Blood Elf Priest
It's not just that the PVP gear is less effective, it's that some people already had full Heroic gear, and deleted/disenchanted their gemmed/enchanted 463's when they replaced them and then 2 hours later find out that they need to grind for it all over again, re-gem, and re-enchant it. And for this privilege they are out 4000 jp and 4000 hp.I would like to see a refund of Honor and Justice points, it would take the edge off replacing the gear that needs to be re-aquired and it would refund the points that were spent needlessly.
Reply Quote
92 Night Elf Warrior
This seems like a slippery slope fallacy.

You're adjusting PvP gear right now so players who want to PvE don't need to acquire PvP gear for that task.

Yet you're not releasing the blue PvP weapons right now so players who want to PvP are forced into PvE to acquire a weapon for PvP?

Does this mean you're going to allow the blue PvP weapons immediately, especially since their ilevel is nearly equivalent with the new PvP armor, so players aren't required to PvE for the 'best' weapon for current competition?

If not, it's a stark violation of your 'don't force PvErs into PvP and vice versa' principle.

I -hated- having to do heroics for a weapon for PvP. Bad news? I need to wait a few weeks until I can buy the conquest version. I'm stuck using a PvE weapon. For PvP.

Well stated, sir.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
10/02/2012 02:16 PMPosted by Hycineda
Honestly, I am grateful for this change. PvP gear should be primarily for PvP, while the same could be said for PvE. While it sucks justice point gear is still inferior to heroic gear, I understand it is filler gear in case you have bad RNG. Although honestly, I wish PvP gear had no ilvs so it could be just for PvP only. Sadly it would never happen, but I can dream.

Holy hell! That is a great idea! Remove the ilvl from PvP gear so raiders won't want it at all regardless of stats.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
So are you guys going to refund the justice I lost this morning by converting to honor because by the time I was able to buy any justice gear I no longer had any use for anything with a 450 ilevel?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
There's absolutely no reason not to refund people's Honor and JP, just like there was absolutely no reason to let this gear go live and "fix" it on the same day. I know that Blizzard keeps records of vendor transactions to make the item restoration process work, just refund people their JP and Honor spent, restore us the 463s that we vendored/disenchanted from the false hope of 464 Honor gear, and be more careful in the future!

Don't make us pay the price for your shortsightedness, guys. Do us a solid.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
This was brought up on beta 4 MONTHS AGO!! Why the heck did you wait until now to change this bliz, if I would have known this was coming I never would have gemmed and chanted this pvp gear I bought and converted all my justice for, I would have just waited till i got the dungeon drops and done them. Now I wasted gems and chants on gear I will be replacing in days instead of weeks/months. Next time fix things when people bring them up months before instead of waiting until stuff is released.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
can we find out when this is going to happen? I would really hate the idea of items getting nerfed mid raid.
Edited by Microcontrol on 10/2/2012 6:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Death Knight
Blizzard please stop with all these bologna changes. Some things didn't need fixed or changed period and here you go again & again..really.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Does this mean I can have my damn honor back? May as well use the crafted gear until conquest gear. Stupid !@# change is stupid.

Full of dumb changes and backtracking this expac eh Blizz? Thanks for wasting my time.

EDIT: Who cares if they use it to get into heroics. Heroics are easy as piss anyway, who cares if they use it for LFR, it's not like they're gonna be using honor gear to down heroic raid bosses. Can we ticket to have our jp/honor restored because this change is full blown stupid.
Edited by Híddy on 10/2/2012 6:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Where's the dislike button?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
No offense but does someone at blizzard make these completely retarded decisions, and then everyone spontaneously realize how stupid they are and hotfix them? cause this is happening more often than not lately.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Oh blizzard, always taking one step when you should be taking two.

This change would have made a ton more sense if you buffed JP gear to heroic ilvl. Even with a 8 ilvl buff its still inferior, and thats the problem.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Oh blizzard, always taking one step when you should be taking two.

This change would have made a ton more sense if you buffed JP gear to heroic ilvl. Even with a 8 ilvl buff its still inferior, and thats the problem.
\

BUT BUT this is the blizzard we have come to love and pay 15 dollars a month for. I for one will continue paying my monthly dues even if a 12 year old is sitting on the throne at blizzard making decisions.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
So if you do not want pvp players to feel the need to pve, then why are there no honor weapons available for purchase?
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warrior
The funny thing is I did zero pvp to get my honor capped before MoP

I ran HoT and converted the JP to honor and capped em both.

Pvping for honor is way to slow. I pvp for fun. not to grind honor.
Edited by Mightyena on 10/2/2012 6:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Just buff JP to 470. For !@#$s sakes, don't %^-* with the pvp players because you think PvE is unbalanced. Raid gear is better than the new heroic gear. The raid that opened tonight. So now you're just !@#$ing with pvp players for no reason. YOU CAN %^-*ING RAID FOR GOOD GEAR. Plus: Heroic gear has more main stats, and better set bonuses for pve. Seriously, blizz. you dun !@#$ed up
Reply Quote
95 Troll Druid
post on top says changes will also change on existing gear too
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/02/2012 06:02 PMPosted by Microcontrol
can we find out when this is going to happen? I would really hate the idea of items getting nerfed mid raid.

The JP gear change appears to already be active, as a set of gloves I got off the Klaxxi vendor is now ilvl 458 in my bags.

However, my PvP gear pieces remain epic and ilvl 464, so I'm...really hoping they're rethinking this decision.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]