Justice and Honor Gear Changes

90 Draenei Mage
JP Gear still can't qualify you for LFR.

Now the only other way to make up for missing slots--honor gear--has been taken away too.

I guess I'll just craft so... no wait I won't.

JP gear was never meant to qualify you for LFR thats what heroic gear plus the rep gear is for. Same thing at the start of every xpac.

You mean the rep gear that requires over a month to access?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
10/02/2012 01:55 PMPosted by Arsis
This still doesn't address the issue that to qualify for LFR (minimum ilvl 463) you essentially need to either run Heroics until every slot is filled or drop tens of thousands of gold on the AH.

good point...I have killed 136 heroic bosses on my warrior...and have FIVE SLOTS FILLED - FIVE. Honor gear was the only way I was going to get to 463 for LFR (or for my normal raids) since NOTHING DROPS

I can't tell you how steamed I am right now
Edited by Ellípsis on 10/2/2012 2:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Hi Bash, thanks for the quick update, unfortunately it wasn't quick enough for many of us.

I, and many others, went ahead and spent our 4k Honor and converted our 4k JP over to honor to buy at least 3-4 pieces of epic honor gear, since it was the wisest choice in terms of raw power of the gear, for both PvE and PvP content.

If these items had been both 458 ilvl, or if I knew they would be, I naturally would have chosen to not lose currency via conversion, and perhaps even just purchase JP items altogether (since my primarily goal is gearing up for PvE).

I can only hope that you guys have some sort of refund/grant in place for the many of us that have made choices that we wouldn't have if we had this very important information just a day sooner.

Thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Hi Bash, thanks for the quick update, unfortunately it wasn't quick enough for many of us.

I, and many others, went ahead and spent our 4k Honor and converted our 4k JP over to honor to buy at least 3-4 pieces of epic honor gear, since it was the wisest choice in terms of raw power of the gear, for both PvE and PvP content.

If these items had been both 458 ilvl, or if I knew they would be, I naturally would have chosen to not lose currency via conversion, and perhaps even just purchase JP items altogether (since my primarily goal is gearing up for PvE).

I can only hope that you guys have some sort of refund/grant in place for the many of us that have made choices that we wouldn't have if we had this very important information just a day sooner.

Thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest

Thanks.
Reply Quote

JP gear was never meant to qualify you for LFR thats what heroic gear plus the rep gear is for. Same thing at the start of every xpac.

I access crafting gear at honored tomorrow thats better then heroic gear and klaxxi epics at revered in a few days. In no way does it take a month.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage

I access crafting gear at honored tomorrow thats better then heroic gear and klaxxi epics at revered in a few days. In no way does it take a month.

I was referring to valor gear, I already have crafted that I got today but if you cannot craft the armor GL getting it right now.
Edited by Lothlan on 10/2/2012 2:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Please change the ilvl of the S12 and S12 Elite weapons to 483 just like the conquest armor.

Rating should not force players to use a weaker weapon for an entire season.
Reply Quote
57 Gnome Warlock
10/02/2012 02:04 PMPosted by Bahska

This just in: Not everyone is a plate class and not everyone has the spirits of harmony (due to stupidly low drop rates) to craft full sets of epic gear from patterns.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Wow this reminds me of the IAS nerf in diablo 3. If you dont know about it consider yourself educated by this news. Blizz can change stats on any item at any time. Be glad you didnt waste anything more than your free time, and not some hard earned dollars.
Reply Quote

I was reffering to rep gear, I already have crafted that I got today but if you cannot craft the armor GL getting it right now.

Still doesn't take a month though klaxxi revered is rep epics. Not crafting. I know that doesn't help the people needing the gear now but pvp gear wasn't meant for pve that was one of the big things they wanted to change this xpac so im not really surprised that there nerfing the gear for pve use.
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Mage
JP Gear still can't qualify you for LFR.

Now the only other way to make up for missing slots--honor gear--has been taken away too.

I guess I'll just craft so... no wait I won't.

And how is this? 4.3 required 372 ilvl and JP gear was 378 at that time. So with dungeon drops supplemented with JP gear you could get in LFR.

Now it is "intended" to have to get every slot filled in dungeons or by crafted or rep epics to get in LFR.

LFR was already in danger once people figure out how bad the new slot machine loot system works and now with this new improved inability to get in LFR except by regular raiders who don't really want or need it, it will be a ghost town.
Reply Quote
60 Undead Mage
10/02/2012 02:07 PMPosted by Marathel
You're dumping a ton of of your time and gold just to get to LFR. Which is suppose to be easier accessible than normal raiding.

It's supposed to be easier way for people to raid, not an easier way for raiders to gear up. That's why everyone needs to put a bit of time into getting geared up.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
10/02/2012 02:08 PMPosted by Foulmoon
Wow this reminds me of the IAS nerf in diablo 3. If you dont know about it consider yourself educated by this news. Blizz can change stats on any item at any time. Be glad you didnt waste anything more than your free time, and not some hard earned dollars.

Time is money, friend.. and this is a lot of wasted time right here.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
90 Human Warrior
Thank you. This is a step in right direction. I still think pvp power/def needs to consume some item budget though. it's a huge flaw that two gear peices of same ilvl work the way they do.

ie
pve gear, crap in pvp
pvp gear, good in pvp and pve compared to equal ilvl

the design is very flawed in the effect that one gear can do all and other cannot. it also still makes pvping ideal for pve gearing despite the ilvl change in apsense of good drops. if you cannot land that 463 piece you may still opt for easiest route of pve gear, and lets phase it, pvp gear is also pve gear (which is the problem).
Edited by Omegal on 10/2/2012 2:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

And how is this? 4.3 required 372 ilvl and JP gear was 378 at that time. So with dungeon drops supplemented with JP gear you could get in LFR.

Now it is "intended" to have to get every slot filled in dungeons or by crafted or rep epics to get in LFR.

LFR was already in danger once people figure out how bad the new slot machine loot system works and now with this new improved inability to get in LFR except by regular raiders who don't really want or need it, it will be a ghost town.

you are going to see people needing on things just to have it sit in their bags for the ilvl - guarantee it
Reply Quote
10/02/2012 02:08 PMPosted by Foulmoon

Except pvp gear by name is clearly meant for people who pvp not pve, its not like there nerfing it for pvp so its still great for that part of the game. The part it was meant for.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]