Justice and Honor Gear Changes

90 Night Elf Druid
10/02/2012 02:09 PMPosted by Lothrik
Time is money, friend.. and this is a lot of wasted time right here.

Very true, but losing time and money would be rage inducing. Oh wait too late lol.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
90 Human Warrior
This just in: Not everyone is a plate class and not everyone has the spirits of harmony (due to stupidly low drop rates) to craft full sets of epic gear from patterns.

I've found spirits of harm so easy to come by. I can produce easily, 2 per hour, whlie similtaniously farming meat for cooking.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Hi Bash, thanks for the quick update, unfortunately it wasn't quick enough for many of us.

I, and many others, went ahead and spent our 4k Honor and converted our 4k JP over to honor to buy at least 3-4 pieces of epic honor gear, since it was the wisest choice in terms of raw power of the gear, for both PvE and PvP content.

If these items had been both 458 ilvl, or if I knew they would be, I naturally would have chosen to not lose currency via conversion, and perhaps even just purchase JP items altogether (since my primarily goal is gearing up for PvE).

I can only hope that you guys have some sort of refund/grant in place for the many of us that have made choices that we wouldn't have if we had this very important information just a day sooner.

Thanks.

but more angrier and crap

agree with both
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Thank you. This is a step in right direction. I still think pvp power/def needs to consume some item budget though. it's a huge flaw that two gear peices of same ilvl work the way they do.

ie
pve gear, crap in pvp
pvp gear, good in pvp and pve compared to equal ilvl

the design is very flawed in the effect that one gear can do all and other cannot. it also still makes pvping ideal for pve gearing despite the ilvl change in apsense of good drops. if you cannot land that 463 piece you may still opt for easiest route of pve gear, and lets phase it, pvp gear is also pve gear (which is the problem).

A step in the right direction was to see this before they launched the gear as you don't need to be smart at all to see that the PvP gear would have been better with the exception of a few items.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Wow this reminds me of the IAS nerf in diablo 3. If you dont know about it consider yourself educated by this news. Blizz can change stats on any item at any time. Be glad you didnt waste anything more than your free time, and not some hard earned dollars.

Except pvp gear by name is clearly meant for people who pvp not pve, its not like there nerfing it for pvp so its still great for that part of the game. The part it was meant for.

That doesn't matter, they made it viable for PvE intentionally and had half a year worth of beta to decide and nerf it. They passed up their chance when the game went live, this is completely ridiculous.

Stop punishing players for your design decisions, Blizzard.
Edited by Lothrik on 10/2/2012 2:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Hopefully one of the CMs sees this, since you guys are bring the ilvls and what not more in line, could you release the honor weapons? Since they will be generally equivalent to the blue weapons now it should no longer be an issue of honor weapons > heroic weapons. Thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman

Except pvp gear by name is clearly meant for people who pvp not pve, its not like there nerfing it for pvp so its still great for that part of the game. The part it was meant for.

That doesn't matter, they made it viable for PvE intentionally and had half a year worth of beta to decide and nerf it. They passed up their chance when the game went live, this is completely ridiculous.

They didn't "pass up their chance" this is their game and they can and will do what they want.

Deal with it.
Reply Quote
16 Troll Druid
Are you kidding me??

This issue with the imbalance between PVE and PVP gear was pointed out in beta, and has been pointed out since the game went live.

Now that some of us gave up on Blizzard pulling their head out of their @ss and went ahead and got the PVP gear, you decide to adjust it?

Bad Blizzard.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Irritating. Just reforged everything to get close to the renew cap. based everything around one stupid pvp ring (when I had a 363) and now have to quick go back before raid to undo it all.

You didn't realize this before you put it live blizz?

Thanks.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
10/02/2012 01:29 PMPosted by Bashiok
Players who enjoy PvE shouldn’t feel forced to PvP to get the best gear, and vice versa.

Can we get PvP weapons then? Cause I've been doing heroics all day to get a weapon to PvP with and it's not fun.

Also, mmr needs to be reset as was promised AND posted because this season is about to be a huge fail if it isn't reset.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest

They didn't "pass up their chance" this is their game and they can and will do what they want.

Deal with it.

Not if they want their customers to respect or trust them they can't, especially not with zero warning. Have you ever had a rug yanked from beneath your feet?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
So, how did this manage to make it to live in the first place exactly?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Honestly, I am grateful for this change. PvP gear should be primarily for PvP, while the same could be said for PvE. While it sucks justice point gear is still inferior to heroic gear, I understand it is filler gear in case you have bad RNG. Although honestly, I wish PvP gear had no ilvs so it could be just for PvP only. Sadly it would never happen, but I can dream.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
So, what's the go? Are we all supposed to use the item restoration feature now for 1 piece of gear that we vendored/DE'd? I would hope the team realises that there are people that spent a lot of time preparing their characters for raid gearing up, those PvP gear were a nice boost for those last piece/pieces with not so ideal itemization and there are bound to be players that would've replaced their then equipped pieces for the current PvP pieces. Now your team turns around and decide to bring the stats down, messing plans up for other players.

Luckily i only replaced a neck piece but there will be other players that would've easily replaced 3-4 pieces and they have every right to be annoyed/angry/pissed off.

Honestly those PvP gears were nice, when i looked at them i was thinking if it would be worth replacing this piece to lose this stat but gain this stat and that etc, it was a nice extra option of changing gear around.
Edited by Kokorozashi on 10/2/2012 2:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
so you dont want pvers forced to pvp for pve gear, yet we're forced to pve for weapons to pvp with? the fk kinda logic is that?
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
we told you this during the beta and you did nothing, now you decide to do it now?

you people literally never pay attention to anything.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Can we get PvP weapons then? Cause I've been doing heroics all day to get a weapon to PvP with and it's not fun.

Also, mmr needs to be reset as was promised AND posted because this season is about to be a huge fail if it isn't reset.

QFT.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Cool I sure am glad that the points I get for running heroics award me with gear that's worse than the gear from said heroics.

It's also really cool that it's impossible to get into LFR now unless RNG favors you in heroics!

Great work Blizzard! A++!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]