Why does Avatar make you look like a turd?

90 Human Priest
Shaman's Ascendance was pretty epic... Please reconsider making AVATAR something as epic... Would really appreciate it if we got the same make over

Just sayin.. I was hoping it would make you turn into like an iron dwarf or like a Taunka from DBW...
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
Shaman's Ascendance was pretty epic... Please reconsider making AVATAR something as epic... Would really appreciate it if we got the same make over

Just sayin.. I was hoping it would make you turn into like an iron dwarf or like a Taunka from DBW...

I agree, the colour or colour and appearance definitely needs to be changed LOL.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
We should totally upvote this so the devs can see it. This is a pretty big issue.. I really hope this is just a place holder.

I vote... TAUNKA FORM! Or the Flask of the Iron Golem! That would be epic!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Avatar is looking as intended. It's supposed to turn you into a stone colossus, and that's exactly what it looks like.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Well I looked up Stone Colossus', and what other colossus' look like in WoW and they don't look anything like that.

They all look like big elemental rock things that have a really immense look to them.

Turning brown and getting a little bigger is not intimidating or cool at all... It's pretty lame in fact considering what they have the power to let us change into.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Look at how Avatar looked in WarCraft III, since that's how Avatar looks now.

I don't know why people expected something different. Avatar isn't exactly new to WarCraft at all.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
So are we supposed to expect everything in WoW to be 100% like it was in WC3? I didn't know that's the situation, thanks for the information I'll be sure to base everything off of that from now on.

Bottom of the line.. It looks lame compared. Being brown does not feel like you're a Avatar, and giant wrecking machine...
Reply Quote
Looks fine.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
The things that were in WC3 usually function and look like they do as they were. Bladestorm, Shockwave, and Avatar, all WC3 abilities, all look and act like they did. Why should you expect something different?

WC3:
By focusing the energies of the dwarves’ “newly discovered enchanted heritage”, the mountain kings can grow in size and strength – and take on the physical characteristics of carved stone. In this form, they are impervious to magical attacks and have greatly increased durability.

The WoW RPG also has it as it was in WC3 and WoW:
Upon casting this spell, a mage or priest becomes a fighting avatar of his ideals. The caster screams a war cry as he grows in size and strength. His flesh hardens. His skin, clothing and all his possessions become a dimly luminous silver-gray. His mindset changes so that he relishes combat. He loses his spellcasting ability, including his ability to use spell activation or spell completion magic items, just as if the spells were no longer on his class list. He gains enhancement bonuses to Strength, Stamina, and Agility. His armor increases, and so does his spell resistance. He becomes proficient with all simple and martial weapons. He doubles in height and increase in weight. and a priest becomes a mean, grey-sheened fighting machine
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
I complained about the look about it from the beginning, and that was mostly because of Diablo 3's Wrath of the Berserker and how great that transformation looked. As much as I don't like the look of Avatar in WoW, I can't argue against it's foundation / origination. It's how it was in Warcraft history, and that's how it should be.

Though I can think of a few shenanigans to change it in game, but that'd get me banned. No thank you, sir!
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
So should we expect Priests and Mages to get it? Along with warrior being able to become impervious to magical attacks?... I highly doubt it.

The point is, just because it was in WC3 doesn't mean it's set in stone... And honestly, you're going to sit there and tell me that Avatar is on par or even close to being as cool as Ascendance?

I really hope this is just a place holder. It's kinda of rediculous the amount of other spells that change you into something awesome, and our level 90 ability just makes you brown and a bit larger... It's super disappointing.

EDIT: At the very least I'd be happy with a minor glyph changing it into something better... :\
Edited by Treblä on 10/2/2012 10:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
You're posting on a priest for a change that not everyone wants.

So shoo, they rarely change a transformation completely without a way to revert it. Ask for a glyph
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior

Because you literally poop one ppl with it up.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]