@Wednesday

90 Pandaren Hunter
finally got a few heroic pieces, pissed off a buddy of mine cause he did 7 randoms today and got nothing while i did 2 and got 4 :D

guild got the first 2 bosses down, got close on #3 before they called it, not bad.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Apparently we were realm second for both Feng and Stone Guard. I'm alright with this.

In other news, I am going to bed.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Yay, finally getting some drops!

Including an extra shield...for transmog I guess? Stupid Taran Zhu.

Really just need legs, gloves and boots now. And maybe a ring and a new weapon, but I'm easy going. After that, just shoulders and hat.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I feel somewhat accomplished. I was asked if I wanted to run MSV but couldn't get another healer. By chance Sha of Anger was up and another group was forming. We joined them and killed him. I got the Claw for the boots and I used a coin and got my first tier piece. All in all not a bad night.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
10/03/2012 12:12 AMPosted by Waniou
*poke* How's your prot warrior guide coming along? Dunno if you saw my posts in the Tuesday thread but I've written one because I was apparently bored and too busy coughing my lungs up this morning to be bothered doing dailies.

Heya buddy. Yeah I wasn't expecting all teh gear grinding and what not for guild so even though I took off last week, I have been flooded in game with stuff while we all were getting ready for MoP.

Lowmeine and I are getting together today to talk over the guide....easier on both of us to work on it together. My main thing I want to see right now I am tracking 6 "world first" prot warriors (even the baddy kaywarrior) to see how they all adjust per fight (normal/heroic) and watch their WoL data to see how each build is working for them.

Speaking of which...Lowmeine forgot I am off today so we can talk earlier
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Guess we're waiting until Saturday to take our first shot at MSV. I was kinda hoping we'd try it completely undergeared and half-prepared. But heroics instead were fun anyway. Our rogue died like six times to avoidable stuff.

Got the pattern for Sapphire Cub from Treasures of the Vale. Yeah, I am totally going to spend three Spirits of Harmony on that.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
10/03/2012 05:38 AMPosted by Ratatoskr
Guess we're waiting until Saturday to take our first shot at MSV. I was kinda hoping we'd try it completely undergeared and half-prepared. But heroics instead were fun anyway. Our rogue died like six times to avoidable stuff.

its only normal modes...who cares if you get server first normal Will of Emperor...it will all change tuesday
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
10/03/2012 05:28 AMPosted by Ethica
*poke* How's your prot warrior guide coming along? Dunno if you saw my posts in the Tuesday thread but I've written one because I was apparently bored and too busy coughing my lungs up this morning to be bothered doing dailies.

Heya buddy. Yeah I wasn't expecting all teh gear grinding and what not for guild so even though I took off last week, I have been flooded in game with stuff while we all were getting ready for MoP.

Lowmeine and I are getting together today to talk over the guide....easier on both of us to work on it together. My main thing I want to see right now I am tracking 6 "world first" prot warriors (even the baddy kaywarrior) to see how they all adjust per fight (normal/heroic) and watch their WoL data to see how each build is working for them.

I am eagerly awaiting this prot guide, because I'm still not totally sure on what to do. I've been trying to get hit/exp and ~6% or so then go for parry and mastery for the most part. Not sure if I need to still balance my dodge and parry or not. No gem sockets as yet but I plan on gemming stam/parry in red, stam/mastery in yellow, and probably pure stam in blue.

Does this sound totally wrong?

Also, no raiding for me this week, which makes me a sad worgen. But I've still got a lot of gearing up and dailies to do anyway, so I guess it's okay. Our MW just got his monk up to 90 and we did some dungeons last night, seems the monk is going to be a nice addition to our healing team. So we'll have me and a bear tanking, then resto druid, MW monk, and resto shaman for helainz. Comp seems like it will be pretty good so far.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
10/03/2012 05:48 AMPosted by Ethica
its only normal modes...who cares if you get server first normal Will of Emperor...it will all change tuesday

Oh, I don't care about that. If we manage to kill stuff in a timely fashion, that's coo'. But we're not that serious. I just would've had fun getting my !@# handed to me a few times on opening night, for the novelty and lulz. Cata kid, DS was my first raid, bright-eyed wonder, yadda yadda.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
I ain't lazy, I'm busying getting all of my BOAs for my monk! I have everything now, including the BOA legs so leveling will be a stupid breeze. Probably gonna take my time leveling it up, so if anyone wants to level Monks together let me know. We can get out of the island, go Horde, and then destroy dungeons! Dibs on Brewmaster.

Now the other thing i was doing was comparing graphics card. I'm looking at upgrading, but I could use some help. Right now I am running with an EVGA GTX 580, and was looking at the 600-series. I see the 690 is stupid high, so I won't pay a grand for that. However, the 680 is half that, and I'd consider it if it was a huge upgrade over what I have now. I'd have to get a new PSU for it since mine's basically just under it's limit, and I could add another fan or two.

Anyone tech savvy enough to shed some light on this to confirm / deny it being a worth while purchase? Or just not to?

Clutche,
As I understand it the 600 series is actually more power efficient than the 500 series. From what I've seen it shouldn't require you to get a new PSU if you've been running the 580 without a problem.

I'm not sure if the performance boost is worth the cost in a game like WoW that isn't using the latest/greatest in graphical tech, but if you do a lot of other PC gaming then maybe it's worth it for you. Personally I'm still running 2 GTX 480's in SLi and haven't seen a reason to upgrade. I usually skip a few generations between high end purchases like that.

Graph with some wattage comparisons:
http://www.guru3d.com/miraserver/images/2012/gtx680/Untitled-1.png
http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/geforce_gtx_680_review,9.html

If you look at some of the later pages in the review you can find some benchmarking results against other recent cards like the 500's and stuff. See if you think the increase is worth it for what you like to play.
Edited by Roshakar on 10/3/2012 7:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
10/03/2012 05:28 AMPosted by Ethica

I'm growing tempted to write an "interim" Prot guide that just covers the basics and simple questions for all of the tanks who aren't in the @day threads or the tank forums and keep making the "Prot Warrior, what do" topics.

I'm pretty sure I'd get everything horrifically wrong, though.

I do kind of want to write a guide this expansion, but I'll probably do it for Prot PvP and flag carrying since no one did one in 4.3. Last one I saw was Leotheridas' one for 4.0.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
I'm not sure if the performance boost is worth the cost in a game like WoW that isn't using the latest/greatest in graphical tech, but if you do a lot of other PC gaming then maybe it's worth it for you. Personally I'm still running 2 GTX 480's in SLi and haven't seen a reason to upgrade. I usually skip a few generations between high end purchases like that.

Graph with some wattage comparisons:
http://www.guru3d.com/miraserver/images/2012/gtx680/Untitled-1.png
http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/geforce_gtx_680_review,9.html

I just got a Radeon HD6870 DD a few months ago and have been really happy with it. Plenty of power even for stuff like Skyrim, but I did have to get a new PSU for it. (The one I had was just a little dinky 350 watt one.) Cost me about 300 including the new PSU and it's been great so far.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I don't _WANT_ to talk about the raid last night but I'm going to anyway.

I feel like we could have gotten a lot farther, except we had a tank who was just bad at taunting. Sucks because he's our best tank.

Also, I wish we had a paladin for that DoT reduction talent.

Tonight we fight harder!

*Edit* In other news, I really want those 463 orange shoulders to complete my look. I like it a lot for some reason.
Edited by Theodorr on 10/3/2012 7:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Good day warrior brothers. Lovin panda land so far. Going slow to finish zones and doing some side stuff. And life is busy so I can't lvl fast anyways. But man I love warriors right now. 2nd wind for life!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
I'm growing tempted to write an "interim" Prot guide that just covers the basics and simple questions for all of the tanks who aren't in the @day threads or the tank forums and keep making the "Prot Warrior, what do" topics.

I'm pretty sure I'd get everything horrifically wrong, though.

I do kind of want to write a guide this expansion, but I'll probably do it for Prot PvP and flag carrying since no one did one in 4.3. Last one I saw was Leotheridas' one for 4.0.

Like I said Lowmeine and myself are getting together today. Also after doing raiding last night and what not I have a better incite as to hit/exp values based on the first couple of bosses. Like, being FLOODED with rage at hit and exp cap on stone guards and feng.

also...I chuckled at this way to hard
http://i.imgur.com/rItQt.png
Edited by Ethica on 10/3/2012 8:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Flooded with rage sounds exactly where I want to be.

More shield barriers = less DOT damage.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
I guess you could say I don't like tanking. Well, I do but it's more of a love/hate thing. I hate playing leader but at the same time I don't mind the control either. Really though, the main reason I build a tank set and leave the spec open is so I can understand and play all angles of the class as opposed to one and hey, if we get a boss down because I took one for the team, that's always a good thing, right?

After offtanking so much in Cataclysm, is it natural that a part of me doesn't want to give up my OT "spot" to this new DK? It's funny when you actually get what you want and suddenly you don't want it.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
barrier was useless on stone guard. Well 25 man. IDK about 10 man damage. It would get used in 1 tick plus 1/4 of a melee swing. Block is very powerful on that fight. I took lowest damage by about 2 million.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Yea, I wish we had a block tank last night. Our death knight took a LOT of damage.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Out to rebuild my old guild. Should be fun to do with myself and only 1-2 old members returning. Meeting new people is fun.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]