@Wednesday

90 Pandaren Warrior
Also after doing raiding last night and what not I have a better incite as to hit/exp values based on the first couple of bosses

I see what you did there.

10/03/2012 08:54 AMPosted by Ethica
barrier was useless on stone guard. Well 25 man. IDK about 10 man damage. It would get used in 1 tick plus 1/4 of a melee swing. Block is very powerful on that fight. I took lowest damage by about 2 million.

Is that true? I remember Towelliee showing off a few attempts where he actually took the least damage.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Towelliee is a paladin?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Towellee is playing a Monk, not a Paladin.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
10/03/2012 08:54 AMPosted by Ethica
barrier was useless on stone guard. Well 25 man. IDK about 10 man damage. It would get used in 1 tick plus 1/4 of a melee swing. Block is very powerful on that fight. I took lowest damage by about 2 million.

I took the most damage of our two tanks tanking two of the dogs, but it wasn't by much, maybe 100k looking at the logs. Ended up with about 51.5% uptime on Shield Block, probably could have had more.

That's as a 10 man, though. Looking at your logs, seems 25man uses 3 tanks or something.

/shrug
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Oh, well I expect monks to be strong. Just because they are monks.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
You should start out as whatever weapons you have available to you.

I mean, SMF is slightly ahead, but the difference is small enough that player preference and familiarity with the spec will play a bigger role in your DPS rather than weapon choice.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Tanked 10 man Stone Guard last night and it certainly seemed like Barrier was doing alright. To note: I was tanking the two adds together but still ended up taking less damage than the other tank (could have been their fault). It seems the biggest damage output they do is the bleed, at least for 10 man. So it made sense that barrier was going to work (was getting 100-200k bubbles every 2-5 seconds).

This could be different in 25 man though.

Side note: The taunt juggling on that fight is pretty fun!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Going Panda, Sam? I trusted you, man, and now you betray us like that.

Also, hey. How's it going?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
10/03/2012 09:33 AMPosted by Clutche
Is that true? I remember Towelliee showing off a few attempts where he actually took the least damage.

Skada/recount is so off for monk damage intake, look at logs

10/03/2012 09:42 AMPosted by Theodorr
Towelliee is a paladin?

He is a monk until Sparty (GM) says switch back

I took the most damage of our two tanks tanking two of the dogs, but it wasn't by much, maybe 100k looking at the logs. Ended up with about 51.5% uptime on Shield Block, probably could have had more.

That's as a 10 man, though. Looking at your logs, seems 25man uses 3 tanks or something.

/shrug

25 man has 4 dogs active...a lot more taunting, moving, and rotating of dogs on the 25 man version, if you use 2 tanks none of the dogs would ever lose energy. My block uptime was horrible, but I was running around and everything like a mad man...frickin puddles and ice patches loved me :/

10/03/2012 10:08 AMPosted by Taell
Side note: The taunt juggling on that fight is pretty fun!

Try it on 25 man with 4 dogs up and bouncing back and forth through 3 tanks...by far more fun than any DS encounter
Edited by Ethica on 10/3/2012 10:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
10/03/2012 10:14 AMPosted by Ethica
25 man has 4 dogs active...a lot more taunting, moving, and rotating of dogs on the 25 man version, if you use 2 tanks none of the dogs would ever lose energy. My block uptime was horrible, but I was running around and everything like a mad man...frickin puddles and ice patches loved me :/

That's what I figured.

And yeah, I saw your Block uptime was low. Figured it was just a mess on 25. It's enough of a mess on 10man, especially when your OT doesn't have working raid frames and you have to watch all the energy bars and call out everything while doing your own tank thing.

Super duper fun. -_-

Going Panda, Sam? I trusted you, man, and now you betray us like that.

Also, hey. How's it going?

IT WAS WAY TOO TEMPTING MAN

also hey whats up been awhile
Edited by Samayael on 10/3/2012 10:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
10/03/2012 10:14 AMPosted by Ethica

Do asplain wat I am to be looking for. Otherwise I'm just going to go herp derp knee jerk and say Skada and Recount are not counting something they should be. Like Stagger maybe. IDK, you know what to look for, I don't.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Leveling my Shammy. I've missed her machine gun fire pewpew since playing her on beta.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
I love my Fury Warrior.

That's all I got.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior

Do asplain wat I am to be looking for. Otherwise I'm just going to go herp derp knee jerk and say Skada and Recount are not counting something they should be. Like Stagger maybe. IDK, you know what to look for, I don't.

my logs reset on skada so cant see what it wasnt tracking, but he took a lot more damage than recount/skada said...we talked about that after raid

10/03/2012 10:18 AMPosted by Samayael
And yeah, I saw your Block uptime was low. Figured it was just a mess on 25. It's enough of a mess on 10man, especially when your OT doesn't have working raid frames and you have to watch all the energy bars and call out everything while doing your own tank thing.

it was a massive cluster...plus we spent 9 attempts wiping on purpose just to practice HM mechanics...so it was like...move here, move there, dance, I SAID DANCE!
Edited by Ethica on 10/3/2012 10:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
LVL 90 MONK INVASIOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN BE JELLY
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Do I race change to panda or stay human? D:
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
10/03/2012 10:27 AMPosted by Rush

do any of us really have to answer that?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior

I'll say this, you won't regret being a Panda.

10/03/2012 10:30 AMPosted by Ethica

do any of us really have to answer that?
Edited by Sphyx on 10/3/2012 10:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
10/03/2012 10:25 AMPosted by Ethica
my logs reset on skada so cant see what it wasnt tracking, but he took a lot more damage than recount/skada said...we talked about that after raid

Not like I really pay attention to what's going to be said after a raid, and I was moving things around my room at the time. Guess what I've been trying to say is, what was wrong? I'm looking at the logs and it just looks like he took a hell of a lot more melee damage. But that could be easily assumed to be from tanking two dogs most of the time compared to you and the feral.

What did you guys figure out? What do you think Recount / Skada isn't following if you have an idea? Etc. etc. that's what I'm asking, and again.

E:

You already know your answer.
Edited by Clutche on 10/3/2012 10:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]