MOP Hunter Macros

90 Human Hunter
I was wondering if you guys can post the new and working Hunter Macros. With the few new spells and shots we have it seems a little difficult to get them macroed correctly.

For PVP I have my Rapid Fire macro listed as the following.

/cast Rapid Fire
/cast Lynx Rush
/cast call of the wild
/use 13

As an Engineer I am using this seperate due to once the synapses springs are used it puts a cool down on your trinket And vice a versa.

/use Gauntlets of Bloody Judgement

For PVE I use
/use Guantlets of Bloody Judgement
/cast Dire Beast

Kill Command Macro
/cast kill command
/cast beastial wrath

Then of course using Powershot separately and under haste buffs like Rapid Fire or Blood Lust

So far these have worked fine but I'm wondering if anyone has found a more simplistic way of creating a PVP & PVE Burst Macro

Please post them

Thank You,
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
I have a problem with the kill command before any other action.

I just found this and am going to give it a try when I get home from work:

/cast [target=pettarget,exists] Kill Command
/cast whateverabilityouwant

Having [target=pettarget,exists] makes sure the Kill Command only goes off if the pet has a target or is alive.

I wanted to use it with cobra shot and another macro with arcane shot
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
Shouldn't you cast BW before KC so it hits harder? It will also let you cast KC a second time before BW expires.

Trinkets, Call of the Wild (hasn't this been removed?) and other buffs should be cast before damage dealing abilities like Lynx Rush, Kill Command.
Edited by Mordorch on 10/3/2012 8:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Yeah I have removed COTW from my macro due to I only use spirit beasts, core hounds, and king krush. I am at work and was just posting what I remembered fromy RF Macro. I was just trying to get some info as to what other hunters are using now. My apologies for any confusion.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Mine is similar

/cast BW
/cast (ferocity pet buff whose name I cant recall)
/use trinket
/cast rapid fire
/cast lynx

Then I click stampede and then readiness
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
You DO NOT want to use BW and Rapid Fire together. Use BW and when it's over then pop Rapid Fire macro with your trinket and Lynx Rush.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I have a problem with the kill command before any other action.

The "problem" is that Kill Command has been on the GCD since the end of Wrath. You can't macro it to a single button press with other abilities also on the GCD.
Edited by Goss on 10/3/2012 12:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Well that's the problem we face now is that Blizz is putting all new spells on the GCD making us have more binds opposed to be able to create macros. Which is why I actually created this thread to see how others are utilizing the new shots and spells.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
10/03/2012 11:09 AMPosted by Wìx
You DO NOT want to use BW and Rapid Fire together. Use BW and when it's over then pop Rapid Fire macro with your trinket and Lynx Rush.

That's not correct. You should cast BW and Rapid Fire together if you are going to cast readiness afterwards. Then cast BW and wait to cast RF.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
/petattack
/castsequence reset=taget Serpent Sting,Arcane Shot,Null
/castsequence reset=target Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot,Arcane Shot,Arcane Shot
/use [harm,nodead]Bestial Wrath

I did the above from memory so I may not have it exactly right as it is on my PC. Sometimes it takes me a few tries to get it but above is at least close to what I have. I spam above then weave in kill command, rapid fire, lynx rush, readiness, and kill shot below 20%. For rapid fire I use the below.

#showtooltip Rapid Fire
/use [harm,nodead]Rapid Fire
/use [harm,nodead]Intimidation
/use [harm,nodead]Lifeblood
/use [harm,nodead]Blood Fury

Feign death I use:

#showtooltip Feign Death
/use Mend Pet
/use Feign Death

The next one you can substitute other spells. It is so if you mouseover something it will use the ability on the mouseover target otherwise it hits your target. I like it for several of my shots.

#showtooltip Tranquilizing Shot
/stopcasting
/stopcasting
/use [@mouseover,harm,nodead][@target,harm,nodead] Tranquilizing Shot

Multiple traps on one button macro.

/cast [mod:shift]Explosive Trap;[mod:alt]Ice Trap;[mod:ctrl]Snake Trap;Freezing Trap

I have more but cannot remember them all off the top of my head.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
10/03/2012 11:09 AMPosted by Wìx

Why would I not want my pet to do the most damage possible on Lynx rush? Nor have the additional haste when my damage is increased?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I would definitely keep rapid shot in your macro. Especially for Pvp since our 2set bonus gives us 3.2k Pvp power when its active. BW has nothing to do with the hunters attack speed/haste.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
/petattack
/castsequence reset=taget Serpent Sting,Arcane Shot,Null
/castsequence reset=target Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot,Arcane Shot,Arcane Shot
/use [harm,nodead]Bestial Wrath

I'm not exactly sure what this macro is supposed to do, supposing it even works but it is always an awful idea to put an ability with cast time in a castsequence macro. Blizzards built in shot queuing functionality doesn't work with it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
All of you watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEqRZR3LQYE

It explains abit about some macros.
Reply Quote
8 Goblin Warrior
lol look at the huntards squabble
lol look at the deathtard necro a thread

Guess it kinda fits...
Edited by Whim on 11/9/2013 7:29 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]