Can't Detter or FD while holding Flag/Orb

90 Pandaren Hunter
long story short why is it that every other class gets to use their save my !@# button while holding orbs/flag in bgs and hunters pretty much got nada, how is using detterence much worse than warlocks using their new bubble or priests dispersing....or that new dk bubble.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
10/03/2012 09:31 AMPosted by Gungrave
long story short why is it that every other class gets to use their save my !@# button while holding orbs/flag in bgs and hunters pretty much got nada, how is using detterence much worse than warlocks using their new bubble or priests dispersing....or that new dk bubble.

Well, the difference is that those are absorb/damage mitigating skills, not invulnerability skills.

Priests can't use Spectral Guise while FC'ing, which is more comparable to our Feign Death than Dispersion is.

Bubbles are also dispellable, Deterrence is not.

You can be CC'd during Dispersion, you cannot during Deterrence.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
well in a way it makes them unkillable during that buff duration which is enough time for a healer to pick them up.

The warlock bubble "absorbs" aslong as the buff lasts still making it a invulnerability bubble, and spriests are immune to roots and slowing effects while its up, but not stuns whos gonna stun a dispersed priest?

Anyways im just annoyed when i know im gonna kill an orb carrier and all of a sudden they deny me their death because of a cooldown i can't use.
Edited by Gungrave on 10/3/2012 10:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
10/03/2012 10:08 AMPosted by Gungrave
The warlock bubble "absorbs" aslong as the buff lasts still making it a invulnerability bubble

Lol. No. Please get your facts straight before complaining about stuff.

The absorb lasts as long as the buff duration OR as long as it doesn't run out. It's also equal to the pet's current health so.... yeah, dot up their pets, you reduce their bubble. It doesn't block cc, can be burned through, can be prevented. Doesn't seem like an invulnerable bubble to me.

10/03/2012 10:08 AMPosted by Gungrave
they deny me their death because of a cooldown i can't use.

Different classes, different abilities. I am sure all carriers would love disengage and all our tools, but they don't have em.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Quick, somebody explain to me the differences between a full immunity and a damage reduction cooldown.
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
You can't Deterrence with the flag for the same reason you can't Divine Shield or Ice Block with it. -.-

As for Feign Death, you're pretending to be dead. Dead people don't carry flags, this is well known. Surely you don't want to blow your cover.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]