Powershot broken?

90 Orc Hunter
Half of my Powershot attacks just don't hit the target, but wastes the CD on it. There's no Damage done or even it saying missed on the target.

Anyone else experiencing this problem?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Power shot can currently be avoided by simply strafing away from it
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
10/03/2012 05:55 PMPosted by Prieto

Is that intended?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter

Is that intended?

Hard to say they way hunter development is and blizz is not exactly forthcoming when they make a mistakes like this
Edited by Prieto on 10/3/2012 6:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Kind of frustrating for a 1 min CD and lvl 90 ability. Just tested it out with the strafing, that's really dumb.
Edited by Predator on 10/3/2012 6:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
10/03/2012 06:04 PMPosted by Predator
Kind of frustrating for a 1 min CD and lvl 90 ability. Just tested it out with the strafing, that's really dumb.

Sad part is all 3 of our level 90 tier talents are having similar issues of being avoidable trough strafing for both power shot & glaive toss or los the barrage which being a channeled ability shouldn't happen
Reply Quote
It is probably a bug, since combat log doesn't even show an entry when it does no damage. The animation shows like a normal hit, but then nothing else, no damage, no knockback. Frustrating how such major issues were never caught in so many months of testing.
Reply Quote
33 Troll Hunter
Nice bug, and I am sure Blizz will fix a hunter issue in a timely manner. Aka next patch, if we're lucky.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
10/04/2012 07:48 PMPosted by Trillon
Nice bug, and I am sure Blizz will fix a hunter issue in a timely manner. Aka next patch, if we're lucky.

Timely manner? LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Dont give this company credit. Unbelievable what is happening to us this xpac
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
I am pretty sure he was being sarcastic.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
10/04/2012 07:48 PMPosted by Trillon

Patch notes for 5.3
We noticed power shot, glave toss, and Barrage had issues so we removed them from the game. Instead you now get to choose between a red, blue, or green ghostcrawler non combat minipet that follows you as your level 90 talent.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
I'd been reporting this for months of beta nearly every new build
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6308781970
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6490600766

Unless the targeting dummy is strafing me it isn't just strafing targets, there are other factors involved. the behavior affects Barrage and Powershot. There is another issue with glaive toss where if they are LoS'd during the travel time the damage is negated. Powershot and Barrage have a completely different issue far harder to pin down. I believe it may have something to do with pathing on shots that have this particular mechanic of hitting a target and drawing a line of damage from point a to point b. certain zones have far more issues with it, Temple of Kotmogu and Silver Shard Mines I've had as much as a 9 out of 10 failure rate and it is not strafe related as I'll miss (though not a "miss" but a dematerializing shot) while powershotting a target in a freezing trap, no powershot occurs just triggers cd and the trap is broken by the auto shot.
Edited by Mythë on 10/7/2012 2:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Powershot is stupid.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
We have a broken spell and blizzard is just ignoring it?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
12/02/2012 09:54 PMPosted by Âlpha
We have a broken spell and blizzard is just ignoring it?

Lol are you honestly surprised?

Ghostcrawler said that Powershot was a 'skill shot'. So therefore moving away, etc. can cause it to not land.
https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/268410407511805953

But later it also seems like they may be trying to find a fix?
https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/272798846936023040
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Thread necromancy is fun, but Blizzard's current stance is that they may redesign Powershot entirely because it's not fixable in its current state.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
10/04/2012 07:37 PMPosted by Metalfïngers
It is probably a bug, since combat log doesn't even show an entry when it does no damage. The animation shows like a normal hit, but then nothing else, no damage, no knockback. Frustrating how such major issues were never caught in so many months of testing.

LOS shouldn't be a problem with Barrage since you can move while channeling it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
And blizzard doesn't like to fix PVP all these bugs are PVP related only cause Powershot and Glaive toss both work in PVE.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
i've had it miss while i had someone on a trap.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]