Danath Trollbane

100 Human Paladin
Ive pretty much given up hope on seeing Stromgarde come back even though it would be amazing to see them again but i doubt it. What's going to happen to Danath? Is he just going to be doing paperwork in outland for the next 5-10 years while his faction (the alliance) is fighting in a major war is going on in Azeroth and afterwards probably another war? Or is he just going to grow old and die destroying the Trollbane bloodline and Stromgarde will just rot even more than it already is?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
He crusty old men who left his men to die while he turned tail and ran from Grom.

His only noteable personal victory in combat was killing ancient half blind orc by attacking his blindside. Krilog deserved a better death.

Which are my reasons for never understanding his appeal.

May he stay forgeting and may his failed kingdom continue to wither.
Edited by Chorrol on 10/3/2012 7:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/03/2012 07:28 PMPosted by Chorrol
He crusty old men who left his men to die while he turned tail and ran from Grom.

There would have been no glory in his death. He ran to warn Nethergarde keep of the Horde's return. If he didnt, he would have spit on his men's sacrifice and made theirs and his death's meaningless. He made a good tactical move that bought the Alliance some early warning time to organize their forces and stand against the Horde.

10/03/2012 07:28 PMPosted by Chorrol
His only noteable personal victory in combat was killing ancient half blind orc by attacking his blindside. Krilog deserved a better death.

Kill'rog was an accomplished Warrior who would have won the fight if not for Danath taking advantage of his weakness. In a life or death situation., A good fighter knows when to press the advantage. Only an Arrogant bastard would throw away a possible advantage (that doesn't have any chance of causing collateral damage or threatening non-combatants).

I'd say Kill'rog got a good death at the hands of an equally capable Warrior.
Reply Quote
Blizzard recently said pretty much that they had no plans of updating Stromgarde any time soon and were content to leave Danath in Outland forever.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
10/03/2012 07:54 PMPosted by Spellestra
Blizzard recently said pretty much that they had no plans of updating Stromgarde any time soon and were content to leave Danath in Outland forever.

I'd hope it was just a lie to suprise us when it happens but i continue to think that and get let down.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Yeah, surviving on the Orc Homeworld with 0 reinforcements for 20 years is such an easy task to accomplish.

Seriously, Danath may not be the best hand to hand fighter out there, but hes one of the best damn commanders in the History of Azeroth.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Yeah, surviving on the Orc Homeworld with 0 reinforcements for 20 years is such an easy task to accomplish.

Seriously, Danath may not be the best hand to hand fighter out there, but hes one of the best damn commanders in the History of Azeroth.

Maybe he could be the S.A.C
Reply Quote
10/03/2012 09:35 PMPosted by Wickham

Source?

It's not that I don't believe you, it's entirely likely... I just want confirmation so that I can let my own hopes die.

It was one of the recent Q&As. Gimme a sec to track it down
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
10/03/2012 07:54 PMPosted by Spellestra
The former is true only in that they don't have plans of updating anything in the old world anytime soon; they said nothing about Danath.
Reply Quote
I couldn't find the source, but I'm def sure I read something along those lines around a week or two ago

But I'm tired, so I'll hunt it down later P=
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
Oh, I do know what you're talking about; but they specifically said they don't have plans for Stromgarde because they don't have any "update the old world" plans.
Edited by Vegdrasil on 10/4/2012 8:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Death Knight
SOMETHING new in Arathi would be nice. The zone hasn't changed much since vanilla (except a small forsaken border patrol).

But that time came and passed, sadly
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
What we need is for Danath to get off his lazy !@#$ and build a NEW Stromgarde. There must be a suitable chunk of Draenor left to build a city to rival Stormwind on!

Seriously though, considering the direction of almost every zone in northren Eastern Kingdoms, i'd rather they NOT change Stromgarde. I like the vain hope of it being rebuilt, i don't want Sylvanas' disgusting green goop everywhere, and her corpse-army stinking up the place.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Now that i think of it i can picture Danath sitting in Stormwind beside Greymane and Varian for a couple of years. Thse second Friday of every month Danath and Genn will go get their medication from the shop then come back to Stormwind Keep and when you click on Danath he will say " Stromgarde will will rise again! Glory to Stromgarde! For Stromgarde! "
Reply Quote
10/05/2012 07:47 AMPosted by Gollard
Now that i think of it i can picture Danath sitting in Stormwind beside Greymane and Varian for a couple of years. Thse second Friday of every month Danath and Genn will go get their medication from the shop then come back to Stormwind Keep and when you click on Danath he will say " Stromgarde will will rise again! Glory to Stromgarde! For Stromgarde! "

You forgot the part where Danath gets some throwaway lines in a holiday event.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
10/04/2012 11:57 PMPosted by Caeledor
What we need is for Danath to get off his lazy !@#$ and build a NEW Stromgarde. There must be a suitable chunk of Draenor left to build a city to rival Stormwind on!

We'll make our own Stromgarde! With blackjack and hookers!
Reply Quote
88 Night Elf Druid
The party line is clear: Stormwind is and will forever be the last human kingdom. That's why Stromgarde was mysteriously and unaccountably "conquered" overnight by a bunch of ogres and mobsters after the equally unaccounted-for death of their king, that's why Kul Tiras basically might as well never have existed at this point, hell, that's probably why Theramore was destroyed. We have one human nation and one human nation alone, forever and always, because that's the story they want.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
10/05/2012 11:42 AMPosted by Lyrtes
The party line is clear: Stormwind is and will forever be the last human kingdom. That's why Stromgarde was mysteriously and unaccountably "conquered" overnight by a bunch of ogres and mobsters after the equally unaccounted-for death of their king, that's why Kul Tiras basically might as well never have existed at this point, hell, that's probably why Theramore was destroyed. We have one human nation and one human nation alone, forever and always, because that's the story they want.

This....
Reply Quote
88 Night Elf Druid
I'm willing to bet that's why Dalaran is where it is now too.

...well, that and it is pretty cool to have a flying city.
Edited by Lyrtes on 10/6/2012 1:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]