Best Raid Ever: A Primer For Raiding Guilds

90 Worgen Mage
Intro: I first posted this on my realm's forums. Predictably, it got few replies. Consider this a rough draft. It hasn't been reviewed or looked at by anyone who's given feedback. It was written roughly 2 years ago as I was in the midst of trying to piece together a guild that was falling apart (and was ultimately unsuccessful). This document is not complete (and could use a at least once-over for grammar and spelling). Content I intend to be there is not there yet. It sits at roughly 14 pages.

I'm looking to create the ultimate guide for raid leaders, raid members and anyone in between. What lies in this text are my years of experience running, playing in and watching guilds work and fall apart over the years in WoW and what I've seen that works and doesn't work. I'll admit the best guild I've been in only ranked top 100 in the US, and only for about a few weeks. I think I've seen it all but I'm sure someone's going to prove to me otherwise.

As I am a man about feedback, I would love to hear what anyone thinks.

https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1R87_ChdeYKlRphxGnc4jyYOoVf80NMqZVrbQ8GTtrYs
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I haven't had a chance to really read what you posted, but I did look it over, and the first thing I noticed is that it's long. One thing you might consider is publishing it on a blog, with each section a blog post. If you use a good system of tagging and organization, it would be really easy for people to find what they are looking for, and it would be a less overwhelming chunk of information. Looks like you're definitely going in the right direction but without reading the whole thing I can't provide much feedback on the content.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
This is inaccurate based on the simple fact that you are not leading the best raid ever. Not even close.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Welp, some feedback is better than no feedback. The more I read this, I actually dislike most of this and think it needs a third rewrite.

What would have been nice is if people can share tidbits instead of simply saying "you're wrong." Since, if you read any of it, that's one bit you probably can't argue against...
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Feedback is not useful if you're so involved in your own ego that you come up with a way to pigeonhole said feedback. Below are some choice quotes.

10/04/2012 03:56 PMPosted by Rayaan
One thing you might consider is publishing it on a blog, with each section a blog post. If you use a good system of tagging and organization, it would be really easy for people to find what they are looking for, and it would be a less overwhelming chunk of information.

10/05/2012 07:01 AMPosted by Subrosian
Who are you writing for? People who are trying to get an LFR organized don't care about 12 pages of rambling about old MMOs. Hardcore raiders don't need a guid with tons of hypothetical information and vague generalizations... nor your methods which are, to be frank, awful.

I suggest you drop the attitude, and take it as constructive.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]