PvP as a whole is broken.

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Between the amount of ccs, the amount burst damage, several obviously overpowered classes/specs, the amount healers heal for, how ridiculously not viable tanks are, ranged dominance, extremely high amounts of any and all types of battlefield control, and in bgs one team's complete lack of communication/organization as opposed to another team more than half full of premades it makes pvp seem so not fun and pointless.

It was never this bad at 85, and honestly it seems to me that quite a few people share these opinions.

Tried to do some arenas yesterday and all it really came down to is who could cc who faster.

LOL I knew this was a paladin QQing before I even opened the thread. You guys cry more than my 3 week old daughter.

Sure mock me. My point was that they broke pvp, my class has nothing to do with it.
I'm not "QQing", I just hope they this fix season 12 pvp. Bgs aren't fun, arenas aren't fun,
all there is left atm are heroics or old content.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/04/2012 04:02 PMPosted by Aeøn
You're saying everything is broken, so doesn't that mean that everything is just more fast-paced? It seems like whoever makes the first mistake loses, and that's fine, that's how many competitive games work. Are you saying you prefer PvP to be casual?

There is a fine line between competitively fast paced and cc/burst wars until something dies. It seriously seems like im cced more than I am actually fighting.
If casual=less ccs/not as unbalanced classes/and better lol "talent trees", than I'm all for casual.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
I haven't had anyone call a monk who isn't a healer OP yet. So at least they have a worst class out there.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/04/2012 06:01 PMPosted by Lightvoid
I haven't had anyone call a monk who isn't a healer OP yet. So at least they have a worst class out there.

This seems to be true. Whenever I see a monk in bgs they're usually dead or very close to it, that or they're running a flag until they get stunned and destroyed. It seems like they do no damage.
Reply Quote
30 Undead Rogue
PvP could use some attention. Healers are OP. Monks are OP.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk

This seems to be true. Whenever I see a monk in bgs they're usually dead or very close to it, that or they're running a flag until they get stunned and destroyed. It seems like they do no damage.

I can do well vs a Priest and a DK, and somewhat well vs a Warrior if I have all my CDs. Mages are bad but not unbeatable 1v1, and I can do well vs most shammies.

Everything else makes me go splat though, 2v1, splat. Sorta sad. Even then I just barely eek out a win on the above classes.

a 30 sec cooldown disarm, Touch of Death/karma being 1 mintue glyphed, or some way to actually do damage would be nice.

And unlike a warrior, a pocket healer just lets me live,, not turn me into an unstoppable powerhouse of destruction.
Edited by Lightvoid on 10/4/2012 7:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/04/2012 07:49 PMPosted by Lightvoid
And unlike a warrior, a pocket healer just lets me live,, not turn me into an unstoppable powerhouse of destruction.

If a decent warrior has a pocket healer on a small bg such as warsong, it's gg.

10/04/2012 07:49 PMPosted by Lightvoid
I can do well vs a Priest and a DK, and somewhat well vs a Warrior if I have all my CDs. Mages are bad but not unbeatable 1v1, and I can do well vs most shammies.

I have a terrible time fighting priests, I usually beat dks, if I 1v1 a warrior I usually have no chance unless im in prot but then I just can't get through his second wind, mages are very difficult to beat, resto shamans are pretty hard to kill.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
PvP Balance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXX8URSUWm0
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Melee Just cant win. Besides warriors any Melee class get CCed to death before he can even get in range. I remember when roots would break at the first sign of damage now they last thier full durations. Thats 8+ secs of you standing in one place getting your !@# handed to you. Dont sit there and say "but you have silence death grip and One stun that you have to spec into oh and BTW that replaces your silenc." Because everything I have to get you to me(you being range) you have a counter (disengage,blink,fear of anykind, knockbacks ect.)Then look All my stuffs now on HUGE cds while you trap me and I have 0 ways to breakout of it except trinkets but again long CD and you can just rinse and repeat the CC again. then comes the range dmg and death. Wanna make this game fair give all melee a 20yrd or reduce reach of range to 25 to 30 yrds reach nuff said
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Rogues are in a sad shape right now. they need lower cds
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
BG's working as intended, EA Blizzard working as intended. Warriors below 35% health harder to kill then kazzak when he's in stormwind healing off level 1's.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Hunter
I know expac 6.0 will fix everything, but in the meantime please increase diminishing returns or lower the trinket CD to 1min. As a hunter I can literally cc you while I watch Titanic and see Leo's tears turn as cold as my heart as he sinks into the abyss.
Edited by Anser on 10/6/2012 1:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
5 Dwarf Priest
10/03/2012 10:16 PMPosted by Lovelykitty
Spriest with holy/disc's healing capacity

Honestly, thats only because Holy and Disc are so godawful bad.

Blood DKs out heal Disc these days
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
you cant tell anything until everybody is fully geared. i just started doing bg's and im running into people that are already in half epic pvp gear while im in quest greens

yeah well,8-10 percent damage reduction aint really doing squat; and if they tinker with those values resto druids will turn into raid bosses.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
Between the amount of ccs, the amount burst damage, several obviously overpowered classes/specs, the amount healers heal for, how ridiculously not viable tanks are, ranged dominance, extremely high amounts of any and all types of battlefield control, and in bgs one team's complete lack of communication/organization as opposed to another team more than half full of premades it makes pvp seem so not fun and pointless.

It was never this bad at 85, and honestly it seems to me that quite a few people share these opinions.

Tried to do some arenas yesterday and all it really came down to is who could cc who faster.

Yeah especially since only one side has them..... oh wait, apparently the Alliance AND the horde have the same classes/specs/gear, but I guess you'd prefer it if YOUR side had a big advantage, huh ?

*bah-bahs* for sale on the AH only 150 gold.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]