Group stealth and challenge modes.

90 Night Elf Rogue
So...on the beta iirc challenge mode instances required you to kill X amount of mobs, to ensure that you wouldnt just stealth from boss to boss.

But now I hear that AoE stealthing pass a group of mobs is preferred in clearing challenge modes.

So which is it? Is there a required kill count or can you stealth past a few mobs?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
You can stealth past a few groups. Did you read the interview on mmo champs?

They used potions of invisibility too.
They also said there wasn't a whole bunch of groups that they could pass and group stealth isn't needed to get gold.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
Challenge mode requires you to kill X number of mobs... however the number is larger than the total trash mobs... I'd say for hardcore groups they might use it... but no hard core group in their right mind would take a rogue.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
10/04/2012 01:57 PMPosted by Kitatak
Challenge mode requires you to kill X number of mobs... however the number is larger than the total trash mobs... I'd say for hardcore groups they might use it... but no hard core group in their right mind would take a rogue.

You mean like the guild that had world first all gold challenges complete?

Because I'd say that's a pretty big deal, and rogue was on that list.

At least we're good for something.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Rogues at the moment are borderline necessities for Challenge Modes. You also have to factor in that with a DK tank (which are pretty much the only ones being taken right now due to them being OP) you can pull entire rooms of trash easily and AoE burn them down, and Assassination with FoK/CT spam excels at that.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
Indeed. The exact quote says that the lack of rogue Burst, AE, and sustained was balanced out by... a 5 minute cooldown.

Sure, it's cool that we have something useful, but... It's a pretty !@#$ty ability unless your group knows exactly how to utilize it, and it's literally the only thing that made that rogue a good choice for them.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]