Horde or Alliance, roleplay-wise?

So, I've been away for a few months, and I plan on making a pandaren monk my main. But I'm not entirely sure which way to go. I'd normally go Horde, but from past experience, the roleplay there is less than common. So, how is it nowdays?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Most people seem to agree that Horde RP is more cliquish.

RP is here but breaking into it feels harder.
Edited by Tavook on 10/4/2012 7:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I do not understand why people make posts such as these. Your best bet is to make an alt on both factions and wade into the water. Everyone thinks thier faction or guild is the best at whatever it is they do. It will be next to impossible to gain an honest opinion from either side.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Having RPed both sides , I'd have to agree with Zhou ~ you should make a character on both sides and get your feet wet! ^-^

p.s. There's a ton of fantastic RPers on both sides, so don't be afraid to walk up to folks! :D
Reply Quote
p.s. There's a ton of fantastic RPers on both sides, so don't be afraid to walk up to folks! :D

I agree there are a good sum of talented role players on both sides, the hard part is finding them.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Alright, I get a lot of people asking this, so from someone who has played and roleplayed on both Alliance and Horde a lot, I'll give you what I know.

Alliance roleplay is a lot more open, and tends to roll towards 'adventures' or small storylines. When I mean 'small', I mean generally a few characters participate on it, occasionally involving others temporarily. Most of them are about the personal happenings of the group of characters, or actions they take together.

Because of this, the quality of your roleplay there, like in both sides (but moreso here because of the small group), is going to depend on who you roleplay with. Large scale roleplay does tend to occur on public areas, but it is more walk-up driven than storyline driven, in that case.

On horde roleplay people generally don't do much walk-up roleplay. Now, don't be fooled by what most would say that it is 'cliqued', the truth is it is guild driven. The good thing about this is that most guilds keep a network or mix storylines with other guilds alike them, so you might end up in a HUGE driven story with really mixed themes. All up to who you join.

In the end, its both good. Just depends on your style. Of course, you can find Walk-up RP and Guild RP in both sides, however, one is more common in either faction. Whatever you choose, have fun, try out and see what you like!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Having RPed both sides , I'd have to agree with Zhou ~ you should make a character on both sides and get your feet wet! ^-^

This.

There are a lot of great folks on both sides. There is great RP on both sides. But they are different. So, I really do think it's important to try out both and see what works best for the individual. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes. People also have their own opinions based on their own experiences. You'll never really know what it's like until you give each side fair try for yourself.

For me, I wasn't able to manage much Alliance RP until I joined a small guild. Then it was great. Horde - side, even before I really started to seriously RP and joined a guild, RP always found me.
Reply Quote
Thanks so much for the feedback! Knowing my preference for walk-up RP, I'll probably have my panda-girly join the Alliance, but considering that I've been gone for awhile, it's nice to see both sides.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]