Kintama returns. Anime Fall season

100 Undead Warlock
Anime fall season has begun and one of my fav shows with it. Kintama is back with whole new episodes. (Gintama fans know the joke here)

Also get new Hayate no gotoku and Medaka Box.

of the new stuff I'm interested in BTOOM, Magi, Code Breaker and Psycho Pass

and of course Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

So WoW anime fans what shows are on your radar for the new season
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Zetsuen no Tempest might be interesting. Same with Magi - The Labyrinth of Magic. I might give Psycho Pass a look.

Overall, nothing that definitively catches my interest.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Jojo is probably my most anticipated.

The comic is just visually amazing and the story itself is pretty surreal at times.

the Jojo version of Vampires is pretty damn creepy.

I am really hoping the Anime will capture the feel of the comic. It's one of those things that is either going to be amazing to watch or a massive disappointment.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
I'm really enjoying Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb, I've been looking forward to it for quite a while.

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga shi tai and BTOOOM also look pretty interesting.
Edited by Scurge on 10/5/2012 5:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Just finished the first episode of Jojo's Bizarre adventure.

Dio is apparently a Cat person
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Code:Breaker seems interesting, potentially. I haven't read the manga so I'm not sure how it plays out.

After two episodes I'm really interested to see where they go with Shin Sekai Yori.

I'll watch Bakuman 3 because I liked the manga so much, but I won't race to watch it every week.

K has the potential to be absolutely phenomenal, watching that one very closely.

I'm also thoroughly enjoying Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun; not exactly sure why, it just makes me grin.
Edited by Verelyse on 10/11/2012 3:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Magi was fun and I think I'll keep up with that one

but the one that has me hooked most now is Blast of Tempest. Did not expect this one to get me as good as it did. 2 episodes in and I'm already chomping at the bit for the next one

Getting a little irritated with Funimation's simulcasts right now, been weeks and they still haven't fixed whatever is screwing over their system for Canadian subscribers. Hope they get it fixed soon cause they managed to land a lot of shows I'm interested in seeing.

(I know I could get torrents but if a legal version is available I prefer the legal version....but if they don't get this fixed soon, I will go for the torrents)

EDIT: just finished the 2nd episode of BTOOOM. That show has some decent potential, not a nice show though, gonna be real bloody before it's over and the characters have some really messed up backgrounds.
Edited by Drakmor on 10/11/2012 8:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
80 Human Paladin
Im finishing the third season of Himadari Sketch so I can begin with the current one.

I LOVE Hidamari!! The cuteness!!! Dat subtext!!! (Well, I guess that we cant call it subtext anymore, it pretty blatant by now :P)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
The villain for the second half of Sword Art Online is REALLY easy to hate.

Like, Orson Welles's character in Touch of Evil easy.

EDIT: just finished the 2nd episode of BTOOOM. That show has some decent potential, not a nice show though, gonna be real bloody before it's over and the characters have some really messed up backgrounds.

Reminded me of Gantz a little bit in that regard.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Just saw the first episode of Psycho-Pass on the Funimation site.

That looks like it will be a good series, though bloody. Future where computer's scan your psychological state and decide if you are a potential criminal or not. Police are given the task of arresting people who's "criminal coefficient" rises above 60.

First episode was pretty nasty and promises to get nastier. If you like the dark and bloody kind of series give it a shot.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Just saw the first episode of Psycho-Pass on the Funimation site.

That looks like it will be a good series, though bloody. Future where computer's scan your psychological state and decide if you are a potential criminal or not. Police are given the task of arresting people who's "criminal coefficient" rises above 60.

First episode was pretty nasty and promises to get nastier. If you like the dark and bloody kind of series give it a shot.

I'm somewhat surprised they don't have the show age restricted, too be honest. Not quite on Hellsing level of ultraviolence. Yet. But definitely some heavy subject matter.

Overall a promising first episode, that could go in 9 different directions at this point. While I didn't particularly like the random drop into a big faceoff intro with "fated meeting" dialogue, it does promise to (hopefully) show some serious character development. Because despite being show as the protagonist hero in the intro, the main character is an absolute prat the rest of the episode. I expect some sort of build up to the audience liking or at least sympathizing with him, and hopefully it isn't contrived.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
I'm curious as to what happens when a Police officer rises above 60 in that setting. Lets face it, dose not look like a stress free job. How long will our rookie remain on the safe side of the line and how soon dose she become a valid target as far as their system is concerned.

Flip side - went looking for laughs and light heartedness after that so I tried Kamisama Kiss. That was a lot of fun. 17 year old girl finds herself homeless after her parents skip town and the house gets seized to pay dad's gambling debts. Helps some poor guy getting terrorized by a dog so he gives her an address where she can live.

Turns out the guy is a local God who doesn't want to go home, so he transferred his godhood to her, dumping all the responsibilities and work on her.

So now she lives in a shrine that needs a lot of maintenance, with a couple of divine servants and a pissed off familiar, prayers to answer and the target of ghosts and monsters who want to eat her to gain power.

and high school on top of all that
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
I think Magi will wind up being my go to fluffy show. Lighthearted, well meaning adventure story. At least that's how the first episode looked. Very strong, assuming it sticks on the light, fluffy adventure side.

*Blast of Tempest's first episode leaves me on the fence. It's going to take alot to have the "save the world" and "mysterious girl offers power" schtick to not be more than pretentious ambition.

**Kamisama Kiss is a pleasant surprise. Very funny for what looks like a harem shoujo.
Edited by Snozberries on 10/17/2012 9:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Waiting for AO to finish is making me beat my head into a wall.

"Conclusion late autumn"

RAGEEEEEEEEJFA WEOR LFSAFDOGDSAT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
**Kamisama Kiss is a pleasant surprise. Very funny for what looks like a harem shoujo.

episode 3 had me laughing out loud
"Stop Fighting right now"
"Play Nice with the Fish!"

and yeah she's getting a nice harem of guys; Fox, Tengu and Snake plus what looks like 2 more waiting in the wings to show up.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
The whole thing reminds me of a cross between Fruits Basket and Inuyasha, except not nearly as melancholy as either.

*chomp!*
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
I finally got around to watching Ixion saga

good god that was funny. Really fun take on "MMO gamer ends up in real fantasy world"

as for motives for revenge, the Villain there has a pretty good one.

yeah....

yeah I would hunt that hero to the ends of the earth if that was me.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun and Shinsekai Yori are both pretty awesome so far. And Hidamari Sketch, of course <3

Also, Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo has been getting surprisingly good, after the so-so first episode.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]