90 talents ...wtf

90 Tauren Druid
Can some of you more educated bears... ARIELLE...

Please help me understand the 90 tier talents... I mean mark of the wild.... Am I reading it right wtf is that... Healing... In lost really

And I am a good bear... And kitty really
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
First off, no you aren't reading "mark of the wild" right. Second, the talents at 90 provide some great advantages. You should re-read them and consider which suits your playing style.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I'm bear tank.... Kitty pve only no pvp
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
N that's why am asking for help... I did read n don't understand it well.. Maybe I'm not as smart as u sir
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Hi, I've been messing around with bear (more for pvp than pve) so I've tried out all those talents, I'll try give you an explanation on what you can do with them..

Heart of the wild (6min cd, 45 sec duration) allows you to perform roles outside of your spec significantly better, so you'll be able to heal and dps better. The best advantage this spell gives is being able to -spam- rejuvenation on yourself for pretty decent healing while remaining in bear form, since your healing is increased for the duration and spells cost no mana. Not to mention the passive 6% increases it gives to stam, agility and intel. It's awesome.

Dream of cenarius, same thing as above, just less effective and passive. I wouldn't go for this one personally. I did some testing with the healing spells and I just found that none of them are worth it. To cast rejuvenation you'd have to get out of bear and take more damage for a couple of seconds.

Natures Vigil, I can only see people using this in a dungeon with a lot of AoE combat and therefore tank being able to do a lot of dps. Basically you do 20% more damage and healing for 30 seconds on a 3min cd. The damage you do also heals a friendly target for 25% of the damage done. so might help out your healers a bit, other than that.. meh.

Some other bears may have done more testing with different circumstances and found out that these spells can be useful in some situations, but this is what I've come to know so I'll be running with heart of the wild.

Hope this helps.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Hey thanks bro... Ye lil bit

Guess I'll have to mess with it a bit too

Healing ur self seems kinda good for bear..
Reply Quote
For tanking i like NV.

For Boomkin i like NV

For kitty i like NV (when i'm lazy or for burst) or DoC (when I like playing the proc metagame)

For resto i like NV.

Sometimes as boom or kitty i'll take heart of the wild.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
The healing you get out of Nature's Vigil is huge, and has great synergy with your healer. Usually you'll pop a CD if either you're taking a lot of damage and need to help the healer keep you up, or the whole group is taking a lot of damage and you want to lessen your burden on the healer so that he can heal other people. In either situation, as a healer, having constant heals from an outside source for 30 seconds is going to be a great help.

If the whole group is taking AoE damage, those smart-heals from NV are going to make it much easier for me to maintain a maximum throughput casting rotation, rather than having to cast an emergency flash heal or whatever to keep someone from dying, at a cost of lower overall HPS. If the tank is just taking ludicrous damage, then having himself heal himself every GCD will help me maintain a high single-target HPS rotation on him without having to spam expensive flash heals - I can keep using Greater Heals to keep my efficiency up.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
HotW seems good for feral, since it means you can switch to tank in clutch situations, like if your MT/OT dies and is waiting on a rez, or the tanks mess up on a tank-switch rotation to manage a debuff or something (like Saurfang in ICC, for example).
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
10/04/2012 03:10 PMPosted by Top
Heart of the wild (6min cd, 45 sec duration) allows you to perform roles outside of your spec significantly better, so you'll be able to heal and dps better. The best advantage this spell gives is being able to -spam- rejuvenation on yourself for pretty decent healing while remaining in bear form, since your healing is increased for the duration and spells cost no mana. Not to mention the passive 6% increases it gives to stam, agility and intel. It's awesome.

Perfect description. When you use it, you'll get much higher heals. As feral in PvP (I realise you're talking about PvE, but it still applies) I can get my heals doing 2x, or up to 3-4x if I add in Nature's Swiftness into the mix with a Healing Touch. It definitely has its benefits.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I'm pretty underwhelmed by the 90 talents. Kinda disappointing IMO.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I'm really looking forward to the top tier talents, since they all really play into the druid as a hybrid class, rather than simply being a "this helps with tanking/dps/healing" choice. Instead, I get to pick talents that help me be a hybrid.

Heart of the Wild ... if there's a DPS push phase where healing needs are low, I can go nuts with Wrath spam. Or if I'm playing boomkin, I can pop that to toss off free heals to help out during heavy damage phases.

Dream of Cenarius ... at the cost of a GCD, I can bump up my next heal by 30% ... pretty rad.

NV ... man, this one just looks all around great.

For Resto, I think I'll have to pick between Dream and Vigil. Boomer ... either Heart or NV.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
10/04/2012 06:06 PMPosted by Klissa
HotW seems good for feral, since it means you can switch to tank in clutch situations, like if your MT/OT dies and is waiting on a rez, or the tanks mess up on a tank-switch rotation to manage a debuff or something (like Saurfang in ICC, for example).

All 3 specs can do that, but I'd rarely ever use HOTW for that.
When I've played with it, I use it as a dps cooldown to destroy things with wrath and moonfire spam. You do insane amounts of damage spamming wrath at things with HOTW up.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
10/05/2012 12:29 PMPosted by Optysauce
Heart of the Wild is very lackluster for Guardians. Those 6% more stats are good if you're struggling, but otherwise... NV is the best choice.

NV is raw damage. HotW is raw effectiveness with a bonus use if needed. Different uses. I would use HotW more often than NV for tanking, because being more effective overall is better than being more effective at dealing damage. At nearly no point will you having NV make or break a fight.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]