nerf lil deathwing

39 Blood Elf Mage
its not even a matter of its move list, even its basic attack is almost twice as strong as my pet of the same level; i havent run into anything else quite as strong as this pet
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I find your lack of context...disturbing...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
10/04/2012 05:04 PMPosted by Crimsonmage

He said he is judging the game with no pets over level 6. And we should balance on his opinion. Seems legit.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
He also said it's better than his other pet. Which other pet? Type, move set, attack that is twice as strong, speed, etc.

I have all day at work to browse these forums and hopefully pare down the queries so we can get some cool community action going when more of the bugs are removed, if people no gives the info, what do?
Reply Quote
39 Blood Elf Mage
10/04/2012 05:26 PMPosted by Hearus

He said he is judging the game with no pets over level 6. And we should balance on his opinion. Seems legit.

so only max level matters at all? i think it matters if something is overpowered at level 6, it will scale and still be OP

He also said it's better than his other pet. Which other pet? Type, move set, attack that is twice as strong, speed, etc.

I have all day at work to browse these forums and hopefully pare down the queries so we can get some cool community action going when more of the bugs are removed, if people no gives the info, what do?

ghostly skull, another rare pet with no advantageous or disadvantageous pet type or move type, same level, both the basic #1 attack (for deathwing it's breath), with no buffs or debuffs, no crits, the breath hit for over 160 and the skulls attack only in the 80s
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB

Just remember to distinguish between info and opinion. A lot of these nerf this and op that threads are from people with limited experience and they are usually overemotional as well. Odds are pretty good the amount of useful info in a thread with nerf in the title is super low.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
10/04/2012 05:36 PMPosted by Imawizard
so only max level matters at all? i think it matters if something is overpowered at level 6, it will scale and still be OP

With so few pets and matches please don't even begin to think you have a grasp on play mechanics. Learning counters is kind of required in this type of system.
Reply Quote
39 Blood Elf Mage
10/04/2012 05:39 PMPosted by Hearus

With so few pets and matches please don't even begin to think you have a grasp on play mechanics. Learning counters is kind of required in this type of system.

i remembered it was actually pheonix hatchling but anyway, u dont think this dragon is at least a bit OP??
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
10/04/2012 05:42 PMPosted by Imawizard

i remembered it was actually pheonix hatchling but anyway, u dont think this dragon is at least a bit OP??

After the bug fixes I don't see much as op at all. I just see opportunity to figure out a new challenges.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
your ghostly skull can use the 2 turn ability to do 320-600 damage at that level. mine was, dependant on crits and who it's against. you then swap it for a higher speed pet and viola, stun abated.

also take consideration of all the OTHER abilities available to pets, they can have one AMAZING attack, and several terrible ones, or balanced DPS across the board, or DPS sacrificed for speed reduction to enemies, or health draining. or etc.

Deathwing at no point hits harder than 60% of the other pets out there at whatever level, unless you factor in weaknesses to the attacks he is using.

If one of your pets is beasting everything else for no reason, no reason AT ALL, make use of it before the systemic bugs are all rooted out and killed. You will thank me when you have 7 level 25's and are actually enjoying yourself <3.
Reply Quote
39 Blood Elf Mage
your ghostly skull can use the 2 turn ability to do 320-600 damage at that level. mine was, dependant on crits and who it's against. you then swap it for a higher speed pet and viola, stun abated.

also take consideration of all the OTHER abilities available to pets, they can have one AMAZING attack, and several terrible ones, or balanced DPS across the board, or DPS sacrificed for speed reduction to enemies, or health draining. or etc.

Deathwing at no point hits harder than 60% of the other pets out there at whatever level, unless you factor in weaknesses to the attacks he is using.

If one of your pets is beasting everything else for no reason, no reason AT ALL, make use of it before the systemic bugs are all rooted out and killed. You will thank me when you have 7 level 25's and are actually enjoying yourself <3.

thanks for the great insight and information, but i still think that being up to 60% stronger as you say, combined with a great move list, is a bit excessive isn't it? every other pet seems to me to be within more like 10-25% of each others strength...anyway that's all i had to say
Reply Quote

Some abiltiies/stats become less useful as fights become longer in end game, also you're missing second skill tier at that point. Mechanics should be balanced for end levels. Fought this pet a few times, didn't seem any better than other available pets imo.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
10/04/2012 05:52 PMPosted by Imawizard
thanks for the great insight and information, but i still think that being up to 60% stronger as you say, combined with a great move list, is a bit excessive isn't it

When you stop to consider not all pets are damage centric not really. Learning to use tank and cc pets is key, as is switches.
Edited by Hearus on 10/4/2012 6:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
my point was that any one pet will seem unusual when compared to the rest of the pets, their moves may seem lackluster or amazingly awesome, then you get into situations when they are neither. I only use statistics to give your idea of this pet being a little better than others, which it isn't. I DESTROY other peoples mini deathwings, and that's with non humanoids sometimes too.

What seems to you and what seems to me are two different things, as I've done more than you at the lower level and higher level, I'm inclined to think that either you're simply experiencing a minor bug, or you're just not taking all the factors into account. For example, have you noticed at level 1 pets with the same stats have different attack values (often) even two of the same level/stats. The pet that takes the second turn does slightly more damage on average to avoid the possibility of the fight being decided by JUST who goes first. (equal speeds give a 50/50 roll on who gets to go first each turn).

In any case, take more into account than simply the base damage of a single attack. Yes, the game is largely balanced at higher levels, no, lower pet battles are not going to be the focus (levelling to 25 is easy).

Still, I have had no balance issues save for the minor difficulty of defeating mechanicals at level 1 (which I did anyway, because I planned how to do it, then I made a mechanical team, and got my PVP achievement because others hadn't thought about how).
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Deathwing is easily beatable with a rabbit.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Deathwing Versus The Beast With the Big Nasty Teeth.

The winner is clear, I can beat Deathwing, but I cannot beat that bunny, King Arthur only managed it with heavy artillary. If only Antiok still existed to furnish us with weapons that can kill these Overpowered critters.

Then again, there is that mind laser from Kun Lai, best novelty item ever. Needs the cooldown removed though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]