So 50% slow.

90 Dwarf Warrior
Rogue slow is pretty much passive and automatic. If you couldn't be kited with a 50% snare, then you could never, ever be kited at all.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/04/2012 11:07 PMPosted by Saje
It's hilarious, because it's pretty just rogues SoL against ranged now. All other melee handle themselves, even if ranged are ball!@#$tingly OP.

Actually thats just Ferals and Warriors, the rest of us get blown to bits because we cant close the gap..

Between Silence shot, silence from priests, warlocks, boomy AoE thing + the roots + the black hole thing, purge/ dispell magic type mechanics, spell steal, more roots, snares, range stuns, ETC.................

Yeah,, the rest of us are chilling next to that LoS we were trying to use.....Silenced, snared, rooted, stunned and feared; watching 90% of my hp go away because my survivability CD's were used to make it this far.

Range is out of balance right now, simple as that.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/05/2012 07:32 AMPosted by Sphyx
Welcome to every other melee class.

Says the warrior with the best mobility in WoW next to a feral druid.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Issue really is, ranged needs their mobility or roots or stuns nerfed, being kited 100% of the time with a 50% slow on my target is just dumb, furthermore if I play sub, I have a positional requirement.

- Rogues mobility needs to be buffed if 70% crippling is gone.
- Please take note even tho we have auto apply of crippling poison, the poison it self takes anywhere from 2-5 seconds to actually apply, with the 4 set bonus, takes 2-3.
- Honestly they need to remove prep from the game and just balance rogues cds not around a cd reset.
- Too much mobility was lost while every other class got buffed in mobility and cooldown department, I honestly think no nerfs are where needed for rogues when every other class was brought up in line at this point.
Edited by Ilyrria on 10/5/2012 8:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
10/04/2012 11:01 PMPosted by Ilyrria
I find it amusing how as a rogue I can get kited while my target has a 50% slow on him,

Hahaha.... welcome to the life of a warrior. Getting kited even with hamstring applied since the beginning of time. Can't say I sympathize. All slows should be the same potency anyway (50%). Still need to get the other slows down to Earth now.

With that said, though, ranged just have too much CC, and CC not breaking properly with damage (some CC that's supposed to break right away on damage doesn't, as well as fears, etc almost never breaking to damage unless it's 50% of your health).
Edited by Buckybadger on 10/6/2012 2:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Crip 50%, check.

Step and Prep on the same tier, check.

3 minute vanish, check.

3 minute blind, check.

Rupture required to activate SV, check.

Loss of +crit to backstab and ambush, check.

Inc lowest rep class for the season.
Edited by Perception on 10/6/2012 7:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Hahaha.... welcome to the life of a warrior. Getting kited even with hamstring applied since the beginning of time
Actually this makes me more sympathetic....you know, because we HAVE been there. Requiring a dispeller chained to your buttocks for ANY real uptime was no fun at all. I don't wish that on anyone. Thankfully Blizzard finally gave us some tools to improve our uptime.

The thing with rogues though is that right now THEY need a dispeller chained to their !@# and dispels have now been nerfed. Not pretty at all.
Edited by Lochnar on 10/6/2012 7:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Welcome to the MoP rogue tax. You didnt pay any in cataclysm, now you're paying your time for the crime.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Can I has happy?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
10/05/2012 11:21 AMPosted by Venvicta

Its at a cost though.

I don't know if we need a 70% snare if our mobility is just increased a bit though...

They could try reducing the energy cost of burst of speed from 60 or a plethora of other things first.

I main a rogue but I do feel like (sub) rogues were all over the place last expac. I prefer incremental changes to sweeping radical buffs and nerfs.

Most snares are at a cost, no other snare is at 70%. It needs to go away permanently.

Cone of cold; curse of exhaustion.

Those are the only two I can think of off the top of my head.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
10/06/2012 07:44 AMPosted by Lochnar
Hahaha.... welcome to the life of a warrior. Getting kited even with hamstring applied since the beginning of time
Actually this makes me more sympathetic....you know, because we HAVE been there. Requiring a dispeller chained to your buttocks for ANY real uptime was no fun at all. I don't wish that on anyone.

Well, I am a liiittle sympathetic ;)

I don't think the issue is with rogues, though - I think they're perfectly fine they way they are. They now have to make decisions like they're supposed to. The problem, though, is with everyone. There's just too much CC flying around (also too many passive immunities and passive CC that don't require thinking, action, or planning) from everyone. I thought there was going to be less CC but be more important.

It seems like 2 things happened to get us here: 1) MORE CC instead of less, and 2)dispels getting nerfed causing us to be in CCs longer.
Edited by Buckybadger on 10/6/2012 12:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
dk chains of ice
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]