Fury Warriors

2 Pandaren Warrior
Okay, any and all Fury Warriors help me out here.

Why the HECK do Fury Warriors SUCK SO MUCH in comparison to Protection and Arms?

I just CANNOT generate rage, its garbage.

Arms and Protection do it WAAY better. Arms just needs a few hits in battle stance.

And Protection? Generates its own rage, indefinitely.

So WHY is Fury such garbage?

I spoke with a mage, and he says that Blizz purposefully placed some specs as CRIT reliant damage dealers.

So, if you're missing your attacks. You're useless.

Is it that, Fury is waaay more gear reliant than those other 2 specs?

Because, at lower tiers, my prot warrior is literally an unstoppable killing machine that tops DPS charts.

Same for Arms... but better.

So WHY is fury such trash? Or am I doing it wrong? If I am, please help. All we have to generate rage with is Bloodthirst, garbage 10 rage, garbage cooldown.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Arms just needs a few hits in battle stance.

By chance, are you in Berserker Stance? If so, that's your problem.
Reply Quote
Stop hitting heroic strike.

10/04/2012 11:09 PMPosted by Kulso

Also, this.
Reply Quote
2 Pandaren Warrior
Arms just needs a few hits in battle stance.

No, after realizing how garbage an offensive Fury Warrior is in its own namesake stance, I switched to Arm's namesake battlestance and noticed a tiny improvement.

I mean, you people didnt even try to answer the problem. Don't troll this brauh.

Im srs here. As a protections warrior, or an Arms warrior, I only need a fraction of the time to generate rage in comparison to a Fury warrior. In fact I believe a Fury warrior could NEVER win a duel against a Arms or Protection warrior due to how bad they are now.
Reply Quote
2 Pandaren Warrior
Stop hitting heroic strike.

Also, this.

Fury Warrior is bad, give advice to newbs out there why it isn't. Like what can it do?

Seriously.

It only has bloodthirst, and then all of its specials, which take a ton of rage, do crap damage, on high cooldowns. And its crit reliant.
Reply Quote
60 Orc Warlock
Go to battle stance for dealing damage. Zerker stance lost its true glory with the launch of Cata imo. (Sorry that I'm not posting on warrior. This account doesn't have a warrior)

Don't use HS. That costs 30 rage. You may think that it is a dps filler because it has its own GCD, but it can cost you 30 rage unless you are DC, then it only costs about 20. It EATS your rage. Use your BT to generate rage. Don't spam HS if you can help it. I do not know what I can do to help you beyond that, because you pretty much said "Fix my problem" and didn't tell anyone on the forums what that problem was. You didn't name your rotation or the stance that you use. Def stance= good for reducing incoming dmg. Zerker stance= imo should go back to dealing more damage, but also causing you to take more dmg in return.
Reply Quote
60 Orc Warlock
Fury Warrior is bad, give advice to newbs out there why it isn't. Like what can it do?Seriously.It only has bloodthirst, and then all of its specials, which take a ton of rage, do crap damage, on high cooldowns. And its crit reliant.

My fury can burst down people in a matter of seconds. The only time I ever struggle with rage is when I need to execute, and then I get the rage for that in about 1-2 seconds. You BT. That will proc 3 good abilities that have such a short cd/gcd and so little rage cost that it is pretty good burst. Keep up your ColS and you should be good with that burst. Don't start stacking SunderArm on people. ColS should let you bypass armor for enough time to get your burst in. You can overwhelm people extremly fast and cause them to panic with the amount of burst that you do when you play fury right. Also, do you SMF or TG?
Reply Quote
2 Pandaren Warrior
Go to battle stance for dealing damage. Zerker stance lost its true glory with the launch of Cata imo. (Sorry that I'm not posting on warrior. This account doesn't have a warrior)

Don't use HS. That costs 30 rage. You may think that it is a dps filler because it has its own GCD, but it can cost you 30 rage unless you are DC, then it only costs about 20. It EATS your rage. Use your BT to generate rage. Don't spam HS if you can help it. I do not know what I can do to help you beyond that, because you pretty much said "Fix my problem" and didn't tell anyone on the forums what that problem was. You didn't name your rotation or the stance that you use. Def stance= good for reducing incoming dmg. Zerker stance= imo should go back to dealing more damage, but also causing you to take more dmg in return.

Dude, what are you talking about?

Fury dual wields right?

So you're already missing way more attacks than Arms or Protection.

It has ZERO high damage instant attacks.

What does Arms have? Mortal Strike.

What does Protection have? Ooh maaaaaan.

What does Fury have? It's tears? bloodthirst is !@#$. Whirlwind takes rage. What the f is fury good for anyway?

I've listed all the problems there are with this garbage spec. Tell me why its good. You guys are in a state of eternal delusion, srsly. Stop the insults and give us the facts. This gear reliant, garbage spec, doesn't serve a purpose. Low survivability, low DPS potential, for 100% more effort than the other specs. And this- ALL POST MoP.
Reply Quote
2 Pandaren Warrior
10/04/2012 11:26 PMPosted by Jòrdan
Fury Warrior is bad, give advice to newbs out there why it isn't. Like what can it do?Seriously.It only has bloodthirst, and then all of its specials, which take a ton of rage, do crap damage, on high cooldowns. And its crit reliant.

My fury can burst down people in a matter of seconds. The only time I ever struggle with rage is when I need to execute, and then I get the rage for that in about 1-2 seconds. You BT. That will proc 3 good abilities that have such a short cd/gcd and so little rage cost that it is pretty good burst. Keep up your ColS and you should be good with that burst. Don't start stacking SunderArm on people. ColS should let you bypass armor for enough time to get your burst in. You can overwhelm people extremly fast and cause them to panic with the amount of burst that you do when you play fury right. Also, do you SMF or TG?

So basically, your whole rotation relies on procs, which odds don't even begin to calculate until you actually hit your targets. Lulz

I'm beginning to understand what Fury is about now.
Reply Quote
60 Orc Warlock
10/04/2012 11:28 PMPosted by Reishaghoul
Stop the insults and give us the facts

I'm not insulting anyone. Quit trolling me bud. I am starting to think that you do not even have a fury warrior. You are calling the people who are trying to help you names. Also, you do not miss more attacks than arms. Fury works better off of special attack hit rating, and your hit for that will be higher in same gear than for arms. I can wreck any arms any day at any given time with my fury warrior. WW takes rage...of course it does. It is a spammable aoe ability. You can do 3 in a row unless you are specced for the 20 extra rage.

It has way better survivabilty than arms, but not quite so much as prot. Prot stacking a Second Wind + Shield Wall every 2 minutes + the other abilities make it an ideal spec for survaviblity for both PvP and PvE. You know what your problem is, little forum troll? You need skill to play fury, something that you clearly lack. I will not have some guy insulting me with name calling and trying to bash a spec and bash advise on the forums. Go troll somewhere else. I bet you SMF, spam HS, play in Zerker stance, and keyboard turn. Since you don't seem to know about the WS/RB procs that proc quite often.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Why the HECK do Fury Warriors SUCK SO MUCH in comparison to Protection and Arms?

So WHY is Fury such garbage?

Is it that, Fury is waaay more gear reliant than those other 2 specs?

So WHY is fury such trash?

Or am I doing it wrong?

1. Fury Warriors don't suck compared to Arms or Prot.

2. It's not.

3. Yes, Fury is very gear dependent and also very CD dependent.

4. It's not trash.

5. I don't know if you're doing it wrong, you haven't told us (or showed us) what you are exactly doing.
Reply Quote
98 Human Warrior
Take it easy.

As you said, Fury warriors are really gear/crit-dependent. If you can't get Raging Blow to proc from the Bloodthirsts, you will easily be rage starved because you only have Heroic Strike to use while your Bloodthirst and Colossus Smash are on CD.

Raging Blow is your most powerful skill, besides Execute, so you would want to be able to utilize it as much as possible.

About hitting your targets, that would come from your 7.5% of hit and expertise, which you might need to reforge other stats (even crit) to achieve, which takes us back to the point that Fury warriors are really gear/crit-dependent.
Edited by Jypstick on 10/4/2012 11:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
I am starting to think that you do not even have a fury warrior.
Why do you think they're posting on a level 2 Pandaren Warrior? .-.
Edited by Kulso on 10/4/2012 11:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
Because when you crit with BT, you proc enrage, which procs mastery and allows Raging Blow.

Enrage gives you 10% bonus damage, mastery gives you an additional ~20%, Raging Blow does 220% damage with both weapons.

You crit with BT/ColSmash, then you raging blow. then you do it again. and again, and you have a near-constant 30% damage increase across the board.

Also Wild Strike procs take up the time between BTs in case you don't crit, and do (in total) about as much as a RB.

It's the pre-1st tier right now. Gear is garbage and Fur has always been gear-reliant due to having to reach a higher hit(soft)cap. Just wait until Crit is more accessible and Furies have 25% crit chance, then BT will have a 50% crit, which gives theoretical 100% uptime on enrage.
Reply Quote
60 Orc Warlock
10/04/2012 11:42 PMPosted by Scootles
It's the pre-1st tier right now. Gear is garbage and Fur has always been gear-reliant due to having to reach a higher hit(soft)cap. Just wait until Crit is more accessible and Furies have 25% crit chance, then BT will have a 50% crit, which gives theoretical 100% uptime on enrage.

Agreed. And the fact that Blizzard has put haste on sooo much of the gear instead of crit or even mastery is irking me just a tad. You have to go out of your way to get non haste warrior gear sometimes. Haste was supposed to help SMF slam warriors at the beginning of Cata, back when they were promoting SMF warriors. What it is doing now on warrior gear is beyond my knowledge. My warrior on my main account was not able to enjoy his TG fury until he got mostly Cataclysmic gear with the +50 stats instead of the +40. Until then, I had to go arms. Fury is more gear reliant than any other spec in the game imo. You did make a good point there that I forgot to make. Fury is trash for the average warrior. Warriors with a good skill set can make it work. My warrior on main account is fury/prot. Getting the weapons for PvP for fury is also a kick in the face. Two 2h weps for 3.4k conq. points makes you want to go SMF sometimes. But i refuse to go SMF, partly because of a roleplay reason but also because I work TG much better.
Reply Quote
2 Pandaren Warrior
Take it easy.

As you said, Fury warriors are really gear/crit-dependent. If you can't get Raging Blow to proc from the Bloodthirsts, you will easily be rage starved because you only have Heroic Strike to use while your Bloodthirst and Colossus Smash are on CD.

garbage spec, facts have proven me right.
Reply Quote
2 Pandaren Warrior
[quote="67937890983"] Since you don't seem to know about the WS[PARRIED] /RB[DODGED] procs that proc quite often.

Bloodthirst [MISSED]

Heroic- [INTERRUPT]

I mean, what now /b/r0? my Arms warrior? yeah he just freaking re-applied Mortal Strike n shiz, he is hitting hard with his 2 hander. he's rolling in it bro.

I won't even discuss my prot warrior. He is discussable tbh.
Reply Quote
If you read the sticky fury guide here for panda Xpac, and do what it says, you will do well, if not.. you must just suck. Get off your lazy !@# and do what the sticky says.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Thank you for trolling us today
/b/r0.
Come again soon, kay?
Edited by Kulso on 10/5/2012 12:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]