Bug found - needs nerf - sorry Monks

90 Pandaren Monk
I have found a bug, tested it twice now, or can say I used it twice since it's real. When you get the Enlightenment buff at every 10 levels, it gives you 50% xp gain for an hour. You do it, you do the daily, you get 2 hours.

Now for the bug - I have leveled to 30 to 40 in under 2 hours, and 40 to 50 in under two, with minutes to spare on the buff. (I had a daily and lvl 30 quest for 2 enlightment to achieve this.) But when I did the quest, for the next enlightenment, while under the few minutes left on the buff, I noticed that it had said 2 hour. Suddenly, I gained about 1h50minutes of the buff, off what is supposed to be one hour. I figured this couldn't be the case, clearly this did not happen, because Blizz doesn't have down to the minute timer on buffs passed 1 hour, so clearly that's the only reason it says 2 hours. But I timed it, and I certainly had 2 hours of it.

I did this test again, testing at 40 to 50 the next day. Same thing. So later on, during 60 to 70 spurt, I tested once more. I had the 60 quest to do, and a daily in spare for the normal 2 hours. But I did the non daily first, let it go down to about 10 minutes, then got the second buff. Surely enough, it was a total of 2 hours. So that's 2h50+ minutes per 2 buffs. Clearly an oversight.

I feel it my obligation to tell of this bug. I feel it is my monk duty. When a monk wants to tell such a 'great' bug to the developers, it's not because I do not love my class, it's that I love this game in general. It is a bug, and it needs to be pointed out.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Death Knight
been known since day 1. often the buff stays at 0 seconds remaining and never fades. leveling is trivial, nobody really cares. also, don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Since I am level 90 all ready. I don't care if this is fixed.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/05/2012 02:36 AMPosted by Fubukii
often the buff stays at 0 seconds remaining and never fades

it does once you go through a loading screen
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
TC is such a buzz killington.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/05/2012 02:36 AMPosted by Fubukii
been known since day 1. often the buff stays at 0 seconds remaining and never fades. leveling is trivial, nobody really cares. also, don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Ya I noticed this often. As long as you don't zone anywhere, it will stay up. Basically, once it gets low, just keep questing and don't dungeon queue, and you can keep the buff up indefinitely. Works awesome.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
leveling is trivial, nobody really cares. also, don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

What she said. I wish they would have just gone with the hero class model, forcing people who want to switch mains to slog through old content is not compelling gameplay.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Bugs aren't "nerfed". They're "fixed".

Get your terminology right jeeeeeezzzzzz.

Anyway, this will get fixed as it's been mentioned quite a few times but obviously it isn't really high on Blizzard's priority list. I say enjoy it while you can and get that Monk to 90 ASAP!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
"I did this bug three times to my advantage, but fix it please"
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Here's a separate "bug" - the monk dude promised me a buff to give a 50% experience buff, but when I was 85+ it ended up being only 20%. :(
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
10/05/2012 10:40 AMPosted by Panda
"I did this bug three times to my advantage, but fix it please"

>)

I bet he isn't going to stop using it either. I'm guessing he figures he can hit 90 before it's fixed and won't seem like as much of a jerk if he brings it up now instead of at 90 when he has completely exhausted its usefulness. Don't like others recieving the same good fortune?

In every mmo I've played I always found out about some awesome "bug" right before or right after it gets changed, sometimes after it went on for months without being fixed, and I miss out on all the fun! Not fair, not fair at all.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
It's gone.

I blame this guy.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Its not a bug...you get an hour for each quest you do. You just happn to be able to do the quest, then the daily at the same time. You still can only do the daily once a day.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]