MoP Timeline/Theramore

90 Draenei Paladin
Am I right in saying that this initial "exporatory" phase of Pandaria is happening at the same time or before the mana-bombing of Theramore? The opening sequence quest has the Alliance sending you to find Anduin because, as Varian states, the 7th Fleet is already engaged. But the 7th Fleet was the one that was sent to help repel the siege of Theramore before it was bombed.

So, with the news of patch 5.1, is that the aftermath of Tides of War finally spilling into Pandaria?
Edited by Theothoristu on 10/5/2012 9:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Mists of Pandaria happens after Theramore

In the opening Alliance questchain, the Sky Admiral makes a comment as you're sinking Horde ships 'That one's for Theramore!"
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin

In the opening Alliance questchain, the Sky Admiral makes a comment as you're sinking Horde ships 'That one's for Theramore!"

I guess you're right, I'm dumb. I also just remembered that Anduin was there when Varian sailed to Ogrimmar.

I just got confused by the usage of the 7th Fleet in the cinematic, unless I misheard it. I thought the 7th fleet got wiped out when the bomb was dropped.
Edited by Theothoristu on 10/5/2012 10:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin

I guess you're right, I'm dumb. I also just remembered that Anduin was there when Varian sailed to Ogrimmar.

I just got confused by the usage of the 7th Fleet in the cinematic, unless I misheard it. I thought the 7th fleet got wiped out when the bomb was dropped.

A good chunk of it, probably a majority, was indeed knocked out by the mana bomb. However at the end of Tides of War Stormwind goes on a ship-building binge of epic proportions, which could very well of enabled them to rebuild most of the 7th fleet by the time Pandaria was discovered. Or they could of simply reassigned a bunch of existing ships to the 7th fleet.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
10/05/2012 10:38 AMPosted by Theothoristu
I'm dumb.

And thus, you are on the right path to attaining wisdom... and knowledge.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
10/05/2012 12:24 PMPosted by Donahue
I'm dumb.

And thus, you are on the right path to attaining wisdom... and knowledge.

Pandaria has taught me much.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
If it can give you an idea, The beginning of Mists begins at least one month after the destruction of Theramore.

You had no idea by playing the game? Neither did we!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]