Ghost Crawler on twitter about priests.

90 Blood Elf Priest
I am not posting this to start flaming GC so please keep it civil and it is a short comment so there is not a lot to go on but.... It sounds like they are unaware of priest concerns and do not see a problem currently. We could be over reacting but when such a large segment of a class is experience problems and voicing concerns I would think they would at least be paying attention but it sounds like that might not be the case at the moment. It sounds like they are seeing the expected numbers of priests in raids at least. This could change drastically in a few weeks but who knows.

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
What comment are you talking about?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/05/2012 12:51 PMPosted by Nixxe
What comment are you talking about?

Expand this conversation.

Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler

@h3lladvocate Output isn't a great way to evaluate healing. Overhealing, hot sniping, whoever heals the tanks just having stronger HPS...
Reply Quote
5 Dwarf Priest
Here is the Tweet on GC's wall

@Ghostcrawler healing priests are DIRE in raids, completly ignored our concerns in beta saying it will be fine, devs sold us down the river

Here is his response

@galvangar Priests got a lot of raiding use this week. Why do you feel ineffective?

Disgusting and shameful
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
He's trying to reconcile his data with player experience.

Also, there is apparently an Elethia/Emchan love child on Twitter.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Standard response for this type of thing. Anyone who has seen GC posts knows that the devs approach class balance issues with tons of ambiguity and in general prefer to not respond other than to ask for more concrete feedback when the QQ and circle jerk of misery becomes too much.

Which is generally the right posting style since posts similar to that person's question usually lack any context or serious thought.
Edited by Nixx on 10/5/2012 1:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
5 Dwarf Priest
Having him say "whats the problem? everything seems fine" to a direct question about the lack of response to the endless beta and forum posts makes it feel personal and not just corporate lethargy.

That's why people don't make constructive posts.
Reply Quote
He's telling priests to reroll as there will be no fixes. I feel druid/paladin/shaman are solid choices as

monks are doing too well to not be nerfed sooner or later.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Having him say "whats the problem? everything seems fine" to a direct question about the lack of response to the endless beta and forum posts makes it feel personal and not just corporate lethargy.

And that's why they'll never be taken seriously and I'll continue to call them whiny and immature.
Edited by Nixx on 10/5/2012 1:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest

What?

WHAT?

On a more serious note: I do think Blizzard devs ought to be looking at World of Logs themselves, and presenting their conclusions. I don't think asking how they felt ineffective is wrong. I think people just need to understand the benefit of responding to those questions with numerical evidence and objective understanding.
Edited by Elethia on 10/5/2012 1:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
10/05/2012 12:57 PMPosted by Erda
Disgusting and shameful

10/05/2012 01:04 PMPosted by Erda
makes it feel personal

Have you considered that you may be insane?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
The questions could have been posed a lot better but I do not think it would be out of the question for him to say "We are aware there are some concerns and as with all classes we are watching the logs etc..." His answers sounded like they are completely unaware there are concerns right now for both Holy and Disc priests and that cannot be the case.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
10/05/2012 01:20 PMPosted by Hemorrhagic
His answers sounded like they are completely unaware there are concerns right now for both Holy and Disc priests and that cannot be the case.

What actions have you seen that makes you think they are aware?
Edited by Vystal on 10/5/2012 1:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
4 Oct -_- ‏@galvangar
@Ghostcrawler healing priests are DIRE in raids, completly ignored our concerns in beta saying it will be fine, devs sold us down the river

4 Oct Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler
@galvangar Priests got a lot of raiding use this week. Why do you feel ineffective?

3h Evan Williams ‏@h3lladvocate
@Ghostcrawler @galvangar Raiding, yes, usefulness, no. 10-15% behind all specs in output, requires near perfect play to keep up. #benched

1h Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler
@h3lladvocate Output isn't a great way to evaluate healing. Overhealing, hot sniping, whoever heals the tanks just having stronger HPS...

10/05/2012 12:57 PMPosted by Erda
Disgusting and shameful

What was disgusting and shameful about what he said?

He didn't say everything was fine...he said that "Output isn't a great way to evaluate healing." Not the same thing.

10/05/2012 01:05 PMPosted by Belak
He's telling priests to reroll as there will be no fixes.

Umm, I don't see that anywhere in the tweets.

I honestly don't know how priests are doing in the overall picture yet. But just flat out saying that "devs sold us down the river" isn't going to help anything.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/05/2012 01:25 PMPosted by Vystal
His answers sounded like they are completely unaware there are concerns right now for both Holy and Disc priests and that cannot be the case.

What actions have you seen that makes you think they are aware?

I personally believe they read the forums. They would be completely remiss when it comes to their jobs if they did not at least give the forums a cursory read on a daily basis. That does not mean they agree with what is being said but I have a hard time believing they are not aware of the sentiment.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
10/05/2012 01:31 PMPosted by Hemorrhagic
They would be completely remiss when it comes to their jobs if they did not at least give the forums a cursory read on a daily basis.

A daily cursory review of all the forums would probably be more time consuming than you think. I've never seen any evidence they review this particular forum on a regular basis, cursory or otherwise.
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Night Elf Priest
Standard response for this type of thing. Anyone who has seen GC posts knows that the devs approach class balance issues with tons of ambiguity and in general prefer to not respond other than to ask for more concrete feedback when the QQ and circle jerk of misery becomes too much.

This

On a more serious note: I do think Blizzard devs ought to be looking at World of Logs themselves, and presenting their conclusions. I don't think asking how they felt ineffective is wrong. I think people just need to understand the benefit of responding to those questions with numerical evidence and objective understanding.

... and this.

I've watched GC long enough in the role forums to know his approach to all this. What will help is giving him facts, data, numbers - real examples. What will absolutely hurt us is throwing a tantrum.

Data data data. He cannot make bricks without clay.
Edited by Snowfox on 10/5/2012 1:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/05/2012 01:37 PMPosted by Vystal
They would be completely remiss when it comes to their jobs if they did not at least give the forums a cursory read on a daily basis.

A daily cursory review of all the forums would probably be more time consuming than you think. I've never seen any evidence they review this particular forum on a regular basis, cursory or otherwise.

While I would not be surprised if they looked at every forum it is more likely that the devs read their development specific forums and then filter it up and out from there. I do not see how the flow of priest concerns in both the priest and healing forum could go unnoticed this week.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest

What?

WHAT?

Elliechan in that conversation.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
While I do think it is necessary to come with some evidence when making complaints it is a bit off putting to be dismissed out of hand. In the end this is a business relationship and we are customers. It feels a bit as if they are always saying "Do our jobs for us..." They have access to way more information than we could hope to have and I am sure they can parse it countless ways. If they think there is a problem with play style or gear etc come out and say "We see it getting better here soon for x reasons". I can even deal with "We do not see a problem at the moment" but silence or acting like they don't know or asking for us to break down balance issue for them is aggravating for me personally.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]