Is Holy Avenger really better than Divine Pur

90 Human Paladin
than Divine Purpose? I find Divine Purpose rather useful at times in PvP, when it procs back to back I can spam Eternal Flame (WoG improved) and it helps. What do you guys think? I love PvP and I do btw think Ret is fine (well time will tell) but it is definitely fun.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It's really up to preference, though in BGs I prefer Divine Purpose due to their chaotic nature. When I want to burst someone down and get some control over it though (like Arenas, though I haven't used it Live yet), I like Holy Avenger, but for all other intents and purposes, I usually just roll with DP.

By the way. Eternal Flame isn't really WoG "improved." It's WoG's same exact heal with an HoT attached to it, so spamming it back to back only really helps it a little.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It's really up to preference, though in BGs I prefer Divine Purpose due to their chaotic nature. When I want to burst someone down and get some control over it though (like Arenas, though I haven't used it Live yet), I like Holy Avenger, but for all other intents and purposes, I usually just roll with DP.

By the way. Eternal Flame isn't really WoG "improved." It's WoG's same exact heal with an HoT attached to it, so spamming it back to back only really helps it a little.

100% agree with you my Paladin brethren I'm thinking of picking up selfless healer instead
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
To put it into perspective... you have to realize that HA is a counter to move to an opponent's burst cycle into you. Doing a CS-->WoG-->Exo-->WoG-->Judge-->WoG-->CS-->WoG and if you really wanted to you could throw in HoW into the rotation. But the point is this CD is extremely short and it unlocks a great amount of Survival & Burst. Relying on a 25% random proc to save you is simply forgoing all control over the fate of your character to the RNG Gods.

Also Selfless Healer is x20 times better compared to anything else in that line. Being able to toss 40-90k FoL on yourself and if using it on ally (Depends on how many stacks 35%->70%->100% increased effectiveness) it could range from a 120-240k heal.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
To put it into perspective... you have to realize that HA is a counter to move to an opponent's burst cycle into you. Doing a CS-->WoG-->Exo-->WoG-->Judge-->WoG-->CS-->WoG and if you really wanted to you could throw in HoW into the rotation. But the point is this CD is extremely short and it unlocks a great amount of Survival & Burst. Relying on a 25% random proc to save you is simply forgoing all control over the fate of your character to the RNG Gods.

Also Selfless Healer is x20 times better compared to anything else in that line. Being able to toss 40-90k FoL on yourself and if using it on ally (Depends on how many stacks 35%->70%->100% increased effectiveness) it could range from a 120-240k heal.

I 100% agree with you, I think DP is more of a random BG thing. In arenas though I will have to pick up Holy Avenger. You are also right about selfless healer.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Divine Purpose gives you unpredictable 3 HP - which can be great at times, but also completely useless.

On the other hand, Holy Avenger gives you a triggerable, on-demand burst damage or healing help if needed. In random BGs, you can probably go with either - but in a coordinated team fight setting, you would probably want Holy Avenger.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Love HA , i have used both.. sometimes the randomness was in my favor but sometimes it was never there, for arena's definitely HA, sefless healer is also really hand as i forget to redo Sacred shield a lot

Love using HA then HoW>WoG>Exo>WoG if i need, so much healing in such little time and sometimes some TV's ;)
(Coming from a PvP view on things)
Reply Quote
I agree with what people have already said about HA. Its a double duty ability that'll either save your/another's !@# or bring the fire on someone. While DP can be effective, and I'm hearing stories of it chain procing up to 7 times, RNG gods can still curse you and deny you procs during a stun or a burst window.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/05/2012 01:32 PMPosted by Roelath
Also Selfless Healer is x20 times better compared to anything else in that line.

Yeah, I have no idea what they were thinking when they put a 6 second delay on activating the shield from Sacred Shield. It went way down in comparison to Selfless Healer with that change.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I'm lazy with instant CDs sometimes so kinda like the passive nature of DP.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Holy avenger is still good in battlegrounds if you need to nuke a healer, it really comes in handy if you've already used your other cooldowns, and waiting for DP to proc can be a tad iffy.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]