Objectively think: Warriors scale with gear..

90 Troll Shaman
And you all aren't that geared yet, and still doing incredible amounts of damage and have incredible amounts of livability. Just let that sink in.

I'll let you guys insult my gear, lack of arena rating, or skill and tell me to learn to play now.
Reply Quote
20 Worgen Rogue
No they got rid of gear scaling in Cataclysm.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Warriors don't scale with gear any more than any other class. Well, Fury does, but that will probably be curbstomped into oblivion as well.

Blizzard couldn't figure out how to handle rage scaling, so they normalized it three times, neutered it to the point of not-scaling-that-well-comparatively in Cata, and finally said "Screw it" in Mists and made it Runic Power, but red. So yeah, Fury's damage will scale more than other classes' because of Crit, but rage itself - the culprit in years gone by - doesn't scale any better than Energy does.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warrior
And you all aren't that geared yet, and still doing incredible amounts of damage and have incredible amounts of livability. Just let that sink in.

I'll let you guys insult my gear, lack of arena rating, or skill and tell me to learn to play now.

ALL classes scale with gear. Warriors no longer have improved scaling with gear, as our rage generation is now static, instead of getting better as our damage gets better. Spurious logic is spurious.

There's only one thing wrong with warrior damage right now: Heroic Strike + Taste for Blood is far too random. Yes, when the stars align, the amount of burst a warrior can produce is pretty absurd. But much like Sword Spec back in the Vanilla days, the odds of that occurring are quite low.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Taste for Blood's returns are linear, not exponential - There is no difference between say, OP - HS - OP - HS and OP - OP - HS - HS in terms of DPS so long as its done its done during CS. Only damage/rage ratio gets better.

My problem with warriors is Recklessness. I dislike having such a huge chunk of DPS centered into burst, while being lower outside of it. Its reminiscent of ret 4.0/4.1, except on a 5 minute CD instead of 2 minute.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warrior
10/05/2012 04:02 PMPosted by Malbec
My problem with warriors is Recklessness. I dislike having such a huge chunk of DPS centered into burst, while being lower outside of it. Its reminiscent of ret 4.0/4.1, except on a 5 minute CD instead of 2 minute.

This.

Totally, this.

Reck really needs to come down to 2-3 minutes.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
10/05/2012 04:25 PMPosted by Bodomnights

This.

Totally, this.

Lol sure, let's have one of the best burst cds ever be more accesible while the class burst is already being heavily questioned every other thread.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
10/05/2012 07:48 PMPosted by Prometheon

This.

Totally, this.

Lol sure, let's have one of the best burst cds ever be more accesible while the class burst is already being heavily questioned every other thread.

I was thinking more like the pally level 75 talent tier. You can either pick to have that burst, or you can have proper DPS at all times instead.

So, you want to be godlike for 12 seconds out of every 5 minutes, fine. I prefer consistency.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]