Challenge modes need better rewards

90 Blood Elf Warlock
Ok so for the last several days Iv been trying to do challenge modes, and well it isn't going so great.

Been trying to find a guild for them or just some dedicated individuals but literally no one wants to run them let alone get gold.

Iv narrowed it down to three reasons.

1-There actually challenging and no one wants a challenge.

2-Pretty much the only good reward you get is cool transmog gear that most don't really like anyway. 40-60 valor doesn't count cause by the time you can buy something with it you'll have something better.

3-having to rely on bringing certain classes for cd's like bloodlust, shroud of concealment and army of the dead along with annoying gimmicks like invis potions.

So far I have done two challenge mode pugs from trade chat. "because no guilds are running them".

The first was stormstout brewery, we managed to finish it but didn't even get bronze and the second was shado-pan monastery and we couldn't get past the first boss because everyone left after one wipe. "guess they thought they would be as easy as heroics". Also everyone was at least i463+.

While the transmog gear is enough reason for me to do them it seems it's not enough for everyone else on my server.

I don't want them nerfed or anything I just want to be able to do them and get gold eventually but it seems that ain't gana happen because no one wants to do them.

So blizz could you please figure out some kind of reward or something for them to get people more motivated to do them? Would be greatly appreciated!!!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
If there's any reward for doing them that other people would want (I'm guessing gear), they will get nerfed and won't be a challenge anymore.

Just my opinion anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
People will do them if they want to, they will not add rewards. Why do you think they made people actually run inside the instances, instead of queing for it? they give transmog gear, if you don't want it then don't do CM's, it's as simple as that. I don't see them touching CM's at all, but if they do it won't be for months.
Edited by Naumu on 10/5/2012 3:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
If there's any reward for doing them that other people would want (I'm guessing gear), they will get nerfed and won't be a challenge anymore.

Just my opinion anyway.

Thats kinda the problem though.

As it is now no one wants to do them but if they add better rewards to get people to do them they likely will be nerfed!

It's like a no win situation.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/05/2012 03:38 PMPosted by Immolatus
As it is now no one wants to do them but if they add better rewards to get people to do them they likely will be nerfed!

I'm doing them. Have bronze on 4 of them I believe. After we get bronze on all of them, then we'll try Silver/Gold on the rest.

I find them very fun. But a lot of people won't do it just because nothing drops off of them.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
10/05/2012 03:42 PMPosted by Positron
Really shows how dumb you people are. Don't think. Just repeat memes. No reading comprehension.

I like how you try to attack me, maybe learn some reading comprehension? it's not a "meme," lmao, it's the truth. They don't need any rewards beyond what they currently provide, you are stupid if you think otherwise. If you want the rewards, then do them, if you think it's a waste of time then obviously don't do them. They made it where you had to walk in/only offered transmog gear for a damn reason smart guy.

There's plenty of people looking to do it on my realm, will they be successful? 99% of them won't, and the ones that do are mainly guild runs, but that doesn't mean people don't want to do them just cause they only offer transmog gear.
Edited by Naumu on 10/5/2012 3:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
10/05/2012 04:05 PMPosted by Positron
You also get a teleport as a reward.

That got nerfed to uselessness thanks to Badual Crusader
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Well they are probably unpopular because nobody 'really' wants to do challenging content that doesn't provide something that improves their character.

I suspect they will be more popular once people have less things to do. As it stands there is so many different things to do that challenge modes seem like the least lucrative thing to do at the moment, especially considering they don't improve your character.

Teleport CD is way too long, 2-4 hours would probably be better.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
Well they are probably unpopular because nobody 'really' wants to do challenging content that doesn't provide something that improves their character.

I suspect they will be more popular once people have less things to do. As it stands there is so many different things to do that challenge modes seem like the least lucrative thing to do at the moment, especially considering they don't improve your character.

Teleport CD is way too long, 2-4 hours would probably be better.

I'll agree here, I have so many things to focus on to get myself prepared for raids, and still improving, that challenge modes and pet battles have been, left on the back burner
Reply Quote
You also get a teleport as a reward.

That got nerfed to uselessness thanks to Badual Crusader

These are the exploits of the Casual Crusader!!!!!!!!!!

But in all seriousness, if your right and players want a challenge here it is.

If Im right and players want reward, then well lets just say..the game is going to go further toward the way I want it to.
Edited by Sarosha on 10/5/2012 4:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
10/05/2012 03:42 PMPosted by Positron
People will do them if they want to, they will not add rewards. Why do you think they made people actually run inside the instances, instead of queing for it? they give transmog gear, if you don't want it then don't do CM's, it's as simple as that. I don't see them touching CM's at all, but if they do it won't be for months.

Really shows how dumb you people are. Don't think. Just repeat memes. No reading comprehension.

I think currently the problem is that the raids are still going so people are focusing on that instead. I still haven't tried challenge mode yet so I don't know exactly how hard it is, but I had guessed it wouldn't be so popular for a variety of reasons.

...There wasn't a single meme in that post. Perhaps you should improve YOUR reading comprehension.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I would probably be more inclined to do them if the reward actually worked for my spec. But currently as far as I know the combat graphic does not work while in Bear form, so I can only see it if I stand in Shrine and heal myself.

Honestly though I see far more people doing this once they are done with the time sink of rep grinds.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I really do not understand why Challenge Modes don't drop ilvl 463 blue gear (like the heroics). I'm not looking forward to rushing into the AoE zergfest "heroics" and would like to be able to get geared for raids through Challenge Mode dungeons.

But apparently, having a challenge isn't the intent, and instead the intent just to simpy have a speedrun (as if the regular heroics were slow to run, lol).

I thought the point of the expansion was different content for different people. Since I like my 5-mans to require thought and planning and CC, I figured Challenge Modes were for me. But alas, instead they are catered to who can exploit game mechanics the most and blaze through the dungeon as fast as possible.

Honestly I think that if they must have this "boss rush mode" that it should be there, but also allow people who simply want to enjoy a hard dungeon to enjoy it and get something out of it even if they don't necessarily care bout the "speed" aspect of it.
Edited by Nemuraan on 10/5/2012 5:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin

1-There actually challenging and no one wants a challenge.

go home. you're not ready to troll in RnD.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
10/05/2012 05:53 PMPosted by Nemuraan
I really do not understand why Challenge Modes don't drop ilvl 463 blue gear (like the heroics). I'm not looking forward to rushing into the AoE zergfest "heroics" and would like to be able to get geared for raids through Challenge Mode dungeons.

The problem with that is no lockout. For challenge modes to work as a competitive thing they need no lockout so you can keep running them for practice and optimization.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]