I really don't see a problem.

90 Orc Monk
All the complaints about monks being too weak in pvp, low WW DPS, terrible damage mitigation in brew I'm just not seeing in game.

In heroics as WW I'm usually the top or near top DPS on bosses. When tanking as long as I maintain my rotation correctly I don't take any more damage than any other tank class and as for WW pvp i'm not that easy to kill and hold my own quite well able to beat most classes 1v1.

I just have to wonder if it's all the RAF monks that haven't quite figure out how to play the class that are having so many problems.

As people have noted on the forums there is a large skill gap and maybe those having trouble should just do a little research and put some effort into it.. Or roll a mage.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
I agree with monks being fine in pve but pvp is a different matter. One on one monks can be alright....if everything goes perfectly. One fear/stun/snare/horrify and your entire operation goes down the drain.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
well seeing as you have 0 arenas played I'm not surprised you don't the the issues with pvp.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
10/05/2012 07:52 PMPosted by Augiddin
well seeing as you have 0 arenas played I'm not surprised you don't the the issues with pvp.

Obviously arenas are the only kind of PVP in the game eh?

I'm talking about real pvp not rock paper scissors.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/05/2012 08:52 PMPosted by Dephyant

Really? Arena is fake pvp?

Arena is pvp in it's purest form.

PLAYER
vs
PLAYER

Not players trying to grab flags or capture points. Or players fighting against the perpetual clock of each other as they capture bases outside a boss room and then have a mix of pve adventure.

Arena IS PvP. Your statement dismissing it is just all sorts of wut.
Reply Quote
1 Undead Rogue

All PvP is rock paper scissors.
Edited by Cun on 10/5/2012 11:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Arena is pvp in it's purest form.

No. Arena is the biggest pile of garbage ever produced by Blizzard, and I wish it had never seen the light of day.

It's not "pure" in any sense of the word. It's merely a meta-system for people to theorycraft and play favorites with the OP, FoTM classes ... while every other class is unfairly ignored and ostracized. Truly 'fair' Arena's would allow for single queueing if 'pure' 1 vs 1 PvP existed in Blizzard's grand design--but it doesn't. By Blizzard's own admission, PvP is balanced around groups. Arena is just nothing but a place for horrible PvP'ers to hide away from real group PvP (found in world and/or BG's) so they can perfect whatever lame FoTM tactic is the current "win" on all the message boards. Arena was 'broken' and lame the day it was implemented.
Reply Quote
Arenas don't matter?

Arenas DO matter and if you're too ignorant to see that, then I feel sorry for you. The classes are balanced around how they perform while soloing quests, doing scenarios, doing dungeons, LFR, normal raids, heroic raids, 10m, 25m, arenas, bg's, rated bg's, etc.

So, YES it is an issue if monks are feeling underhanded in pvp. Don't go and dismiss arenas. That's like dismissing how a class is balanced in a heroic 25m raid. If people have a complaint or suggestion, blizz will hopefully read it and make changes. Sometimes blizz won't do anything and we have to wait till the next raid tier or season for any changes.

Nothing will get improved if no one speaks about it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Well, if nothing else, Arenas might get Monks 'buffed' in some capacity, since, if Monks continue to seem underpowered, what serious Arena team is going to even allow a Monk to participate? If people marginalize Monks--as they did with Druids, Enh shamans and hunters years ago--Blizzard may be forced to make them better. Then again ... it took how many years before enh shamans saw any kind of 'love'? The thought of going through that again is laughable.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]