What happened to Scarlet Crusade?

What happened to this server? It's clearly listed as "Scarlet Crusade (RP)" and yet our society mocks the roleplay people even bother trying to put on, and the economy is just bad. Go on the AH, low level gear is put up on the AH for hundreds of gold, when it shouldn't even go for ten! And as I might have said before, twinks here are either nonexistent or just really bad at it. And we have too much immaturity here for my taste (no names mentioned). So, why is the server just... bad, now? Just because the real Scarlet Crusade just about died out, doesn't mean the server has to either.
Reply Quote
57 Troll Rogue
Red
We're still here and we feel your pain. CRZ has inundated us. We were a laid back, generally mature polite player base with med pop and RP however you want. Now toons roll in without any accountability for being a jerk. They're pulling stuff they wouldn't dare on their home server. The collateral damage from CRZ is really apparent on SC, because we are not primarily made up of the target demographic anymore. Toons and their guilds who wanted high fueled interaction and grind through content quickly, moved on to more challenging realms.

I'm hoping blizzard figures an opt in or opt out feature for CRZ, or continues to allow free realm transfers. IMO, let toons go play with who they want in the style of play they enjoy, and not jam every square peg into a round hole. Fingers crossed.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
Akranna, at this point it just looks like you're lighting the torches for a witch hunt.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
10/06/2012 04:18 PMPosted by Gugizimo
Akranna, at this point it just looks like you're lighting the torches for a witch hunt.

Yeah, why can't we just be up front about setting Gnomes on fire? Those dirty things have made Ironforge smell, just like they did to Gnomeregan.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Akar, what I believe Allose is talking about has been something going on since LONG before CRZ was put into place.

The "Free Realm Transfers" is a limited deal and the latest one ended yesterday (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/7384661). You could only do it if you were on one of the high pop servers, and even then they limit where you can go. Not to mention CRZ pairs like realms, PvE-PvE, RP-RP, PvP-PvP, etc. If you come across anyone in the world that is from a server that is not RP, it means they're grouped up with someone from our server. I can also pretty much guarantee they were pulling the same stuff on their home realm before CRZ, or at least trying their best to.

We're not the only RP server where the RPers are scarce.
Reply Quote
57 Troll Rogue
Red
I apologize if I came off as judgemental, and/or just plain wrong. I have been a bit more vocal than I normally am lately, because I am a live and let live player, and I made a conscious decision to pick SC, after trying out a couple of other servers, and that choice was pretty much negated by CRZs, IMO.

I also generalized my response, without much regard to all aspects of the topic; sorry OP.

Not looking for a witch hunt, which rofl, would be pretty darn ironic for me. I think I'll just slink away for a while, hang my head in shame, and come back when I stop whining about the way it used to be. Taking the advice of my beloved Nana, I'll just have to "get over yourself dear!"
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I apologize if I came off as judgemental, and/or just plain wrong. I have been a bit more vocal than I normally am lately, because I am a live and let live player, and I made a conscious decision to pick SC, after trying out a couple of other servers, and that choice was pretty much negated by CRZs, IMO.

I also generalized my response, without much regard to all aspects of the topic; sorry OP.

Not looking for a witch hunt, which rofl, would be pretty darn ironic for me. I think I'll just slink away for a while, hang my head in shame, and come back when I stop whining about the way it used to be. Taking the advice of my beloved Nana, I'll just have to "get over yourself dear!"

Actually, I agree with you about the CRZs--in fact, about every single cross-realm feature beginning back when PvP was made cross-realm. We actually used to have a community when no matter what group content we did, it was with people from our server. Now, since everything is done by groups of random noobs who will never see each other again, there is almost no community left. I don't recognize most of the names in trade anymore.

At least we have pet battles now. With pet battles, you don't need to know anyone or interact with anyone. You can just battle your pets all day long. In between battles, you can hunt for new pets. Awesome.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
This is going to sound kind of harsh, but I truely don't understand why all these "what happened to the rp?!?!?!" threads are popping up all the sudden. For the 8 or so years I've been on SC, we've NEVER been a strong RP server. In fact, whenever I was asked what server I played on years ago, I would usually say "Oh Scarlet Crusade, its an RP server known for not RPing."

What happened to the RP? It was never here in force that I can remember...
Edited by Shinobu on 10/7/2012 10:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I've been on Scarlet Crusade since the get-go. If the old forums were still around, you could search through them and find hundreds of threads just like this one, lamenting the lack of RP.

SC has always been an RP server, but it has never really been an RP server. Sure, there are some folks who do RP still around, but you'll have to really look to find them. The vast majority of folks just don't role-play and never really have.

Cross-Realm Zones are not to blame for this one.
Reply Quote
57 Troll Rogue
Red
I've always played in RP lite mode. Some respond in kind, and some don't. It doesn't ruin my experience one way or the other.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Agreed Shinobu, I've been here for years. definitely never been a strong rp server.
I get some whispers from these people trying to rp at times, I usually don't know how to respond so I typically stay afk. does that make me a bad person ? =P Akward moments lol.
p.s anyone remember Sadistic Sisterhood ? That's when rp was more prevalent i'd say.
Edited by Swagnificant on 10/7/2012 12:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
5 Night Elf Druid
Having also been here years I can say the same. This server has never been a strong RP environment. It has; however, been very RP tollorant. I have never really been into RP. I came here because my friends who introduced me to the game were into RP and at the time I didn't even really know what server I was joining. Personally, I'd rather it not turn into a strong RP server; but people do need to stop being <explicit deleted> and leave the damn RP'rs alone. They're here to enjoy the game and well if you have to hate and flame others for doing what they enjoy you're in the wrong damned place. To this extent I say let the torches burn. Put an end to the RP violence!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

p.s anyone remember Sadistic Sisterhood ? That's when rp was more prevalent i'd say.

You could always spot them by looking for anyone wearing the Black Mageweave set... xD

On another note: I think Ilthen is actually an honorary member.
Edited by Shinobu on 10/7/2012 2:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
18 Worgen Druid
well this explains why Tomsur was in the wrong guild. I was posting from the wrong one. Didn't know I had two. haha. But yeah, bring on the peace. I had guildies make fun of me because I had stopped and was talking to some public RP'rs to see what it was all about. Admittadly I'm a nub, but I tried and was at least crudely able to pretend to be the race I was on.
Reply Quote
18 Worgen Druid
Oh didn't mention the AH thing. Transmogrification has caused an adjustment to the value of certain items based on asthetic appearance. The Jade set Jade Breastplate for example goes for a few thousand a peice. I think mine sold for 3k in two days. Heck some pieces are so rare that people pay to server transfer themselves or a toon with some gold to buy them from other servers.

Also inflation. I hopped on a new server and started with nothing and made almost 5k in 10 days. Just don't undercut heavily and you will find that you don't have gold issues.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
This is going to sound awful but the only time I've ever seen a lot of RP was way back in vanilla when we were the Moon Guard of WoW. eRP was....EVERYWHERE....

Even the gnomes were bunnyhopping in the snows of the starter zone...that was a very scary thing.

As for the AH...the main reason is because a lot of people have a max or close to max lvl character, and a mess of alts (for various reasons). Many of us want to look at least halfway decent (or different) so low lvl items that are relatively rare world drops can go for a good bit of gold...and with high lvls the gold is plentiful. The farming however for said drops...not so much. Thus putting a premium on what's available.

However, I do remember a time not so very long ago when we were often offered for people to free server transfer OFF because we were overcrowded...now our pop sometimes is "low" and with this rate of decline we will soon be a target of ppl coming IN.
Reply Quote
18 Worgen Druid
10/07/2012 10:08 PMPosted by Akinee
However, I do remember a time not so very long ago when we were often offered for people to free server transfer OFF because we were overcrowded...now our pop sometimes is "low" and with this rate of decline we will soon be a target of ppl coming IN.

Already have been; at least once, in the last 2 months.

And when they got here, the dee dee dees made them regret it by beeing ookers as the hozen would put it.
Reply Quote
62 Troll Death Knight
Red
I do find it interesting that many of the toons here, have been here for years, myself included. We picked a comfortable place, liked it, and settled in. I've been on other servers and have multiple accounts, but my mains call SC home. I always come back here.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
10/07/2012 10:08 PMPosted by Akinee
This is going to sound awful but the only time I've ever seen a lot of RP was way back in vanilla when we were the Moon Guard of WoW. eRP was....EVERYWHERE....

I don't remember SC being *that* bad. But I did happen to do SFK with members of an eRP guild back in the early days... that was an interesting experience.

The overall trend has been a decreasing population across all of wow. MoP might have provided a bit of a bump, but the population is still decreasing. It's time for server mergers... It appears CRZ is only a bandaid to try to mask the loss of customers. Ironically, making everything cross-server to try to hide decline of players probably makes the decline happen that much more quickly.
Reply Quote

What happened to the RP? It was never here in force that I can remember...

It was, I remember that I could enter Goldshire and find people RP'ing. Suddenly, one day, I enter the inn, and it's deadly quiet. And after I ask where RP went, I get laughed at for asking. Where did it go, I ask again.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]