Combat Regen!!

90 Blood Elf Priest
I've been getting used to the new feel of holy priests, but there is one thing I cannot seem to understand. IT's the combat regen!! Right now, my priest has about 4700. And that's with 160k mana. Back at level 85, I had around 5400 combat regen, and that was with no more than 125k mana. This REALLY does not make sense to me. Having more mana, and less regen that I did before is absurd.

That brings me to something else. When I was on my mage, her combat regen was well above 10000. Why do mages need that much, they have evocation.

Also, on my warlock, the regen there is ridiculous! She had 40000 combat regen. Only because the mana cost of things had gone up significantly, but still, it makes it to where she's never ran out of mana.

All I'm saying, is that combat regen for most classes needs to be rethought. I can't stand running out of mana so quickly on my priest. I hardly ever did back in cata.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
10/06/2012 07:51 PMPosted by Namioka
I hardly ever did back in cata.

Things are different now. Spirit is now something to go after as opposed to reforge away. You'll get used to it. Int is no longer king.
Reply Quote
89 Blood Elf Priest
Yeah the combat regen is absolutely terrible now.....a very large shift from how things were before, and you simply can't look at the stats the same way.

Exactly. I'm no top raider in a top guild and I really don't play this game as much as others; but it's hard to get used to for people that play from time to time. It seems to me like the class/spec I play has gone from 'anyone can do it with relative success' to 'better bring your A game'.

I've read a few threads, just to kind of keep up on as much as I can and I can already see I (we) have a long road ahead.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Also, on my warlock, the regen there is ridiculous! She had 40000 combat regen. Only because the mana cost of things had gone up significantly, but still, it makes it to where she's never ran out of mana.

Destro warlocks don't get Life Tap, so they have a multiplier on natural regen. Their resource is really embers, not mana.

That brings me to something else. When I was on my mage, her combat regen was well above 10000. Why do mages need that much, they have evocation.

Below 90, mages get higher regen because they don't have their final tier of talents, all of which deal with regen.

I've been getting used to the new feel of holy priests, but there is one thing I cannot seem to understand. IT's the combat regen!! Right now, my priest has about 4700. And that's with 160k mana. Back at level 85, I had around 5400 combat regen, and that was with no more than 125k mana.

You've been trading T13 for non-spirit MoP blues. Regen is spirit-based, so yours has gone down.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
You've been trading T13 for non-spirit MoP blues. Regen is spirit-based, so yours has gone down

Actually, I was referring to when I first got MoP, and had all my 397 T13 gear, and the regen had gone down significantly then.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Priests notwithstanding (we all know they got the shaft) regen is strictly a gear issue. The more spirit you have the better it gets period.

I hit up MV vaults and on the first boss I was hurting bad - mostly because my itemlevel sat at 454 (not even high enough for LFR), not knowing what to expect etc at that time but got through the first 3 bosses anyways.

I'm now 12 levels ahead and my combat regen has shot way the hell up and I don't even worry about it now.

So I'm not entirely sure what the scaling will be like with heroic gear on heroic content. Top guilds will be there way before most of us and then we'll have a better idea on any potential issues.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]