Leveling fatigue, does it happen to you?

I don't normally have that problem but I can easily see where it would come from. It does sound like it's just too many hours on...but are you making sure you eat regularly? It could be your blood sugar doing the roller-coaster if you aren't eating enough or are eating junk. That's usually what happens to my hubs when he gets too engrossed in the game...then suddenly goes RAWR RAWR RAWR about something totally inconsequential...I've learned to just hand him food and ignore anything he says for 30min or so LOL
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
I feel "meh" on leveling, and haven't even gotten anybody to 88, yet. I have 4 90s to achieve!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Slow down
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
In my case, it depends on my character's level range. The sixties and seventies are the hardest hump to for me to get through and I tend to have characters bottleneck in that range.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Mage
It took me a whole year to get to level 60. Then I spent three years stuck at level 65, then I used a scroll of resurrection to get this character up to 80.

At the rate I'm going, I should hit 90 by the time the Middle East starts producing Anime.
Reply Quote
I was also at level 1 with this guy!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I know what you mean by getting burnt out.

As much as I am enjoying healing and smacking things with a keg; I am taking a break at level 85.

at least from leveling.

Not sure if I am going to work on getting my proffessions caught up or going to go blast things in the head on borderlands. Heck I might go completely different and go build a buncha houses in skyrim.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
I have 1 90 who I almost have loremaster of Pandaria on, just missing a few quests from summit. This will be my next 90. I am a huge altoholic and a pretty fast leveler, but given how painful 85-90 is I won't be getting many others to 90 any time soon, or at all.

Even just the second time through I am forcing myself to just sit there and suck it up, rather than enjoy the leveling.

I was looking forward to finishing up 90 tonight on this, but Blizzard apparently thinks I should have a rest so I was DC'd and put in a nice 2800 person queue.
Reply Quote
10/07/2012 01:00 AMPosted by Feyranna
I don't normally have that problem but I can easily see where it would come from. It does sound like it's just too many hours on...but are you making sure you eat regularly? It could be your blood sugar doing the roller-coaster if you aren't eating enough or are eating junk. That's usually what happens to my hubs when he gets too engrossed in the game...then suddenly goes RAWR RAWR RAWR about something totally inconsequential...I've learned to just hand him food and ignore anything he says for 30min or so LOL

heh yeah im eating. and im eating vegitarian healthy stuff, and im showering and all that, i've got real world responsibilities outside of the game

its just been eating my free time up something fierce, not my real life so much.
Reply Quote
10/07/2012 02:01 AMPosted by Rabzaus
I was also at level 1 with this guy!

but was he level 1 at mop launch? :P

i basically said that so people reading would know i wasn't a raf guy. I had heirlooms but other than that i did 1-80 the old fashion way.
Edited by Anlomar on 10/7/2012 3:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
yes, i hate levelling, it sucks. want so many toons to be high level, but just motivating myself to do the same boring old dungeons and content...
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I play for hours every day but I rarely make much progress cos I just fool around. I am juggling about 20 alts right now.

Never get tired of it.

Playing on different alts in (I presume) different areas and fooling around is entirely different than power-leveling one character for that amount of time.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
See I just don't understand this, it is a game, it is not meant to burn you out or make you stressed and wanting to fight with people.

I would suggest you all look at the way you are playing because I don't think it is quite normal.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
So i started at 1 with this guy, and now i'm half a level from cap, i find myself extremley irritable, maybe its coming from playing this game like 5+ hours a day on a daily basis so i can be at appropriate level for my guild's first raid, but last couple days i've had a giant chip on my shoulder regarding my fellow gamers, i get snappy, take everything personally, and get bothered by every little thing.

I play on a pvp server, and normally world pvp doesnt bother me, and i find matches between similliarly leveled players and myself as really exciting, hell that's why i'm on a pvp server. Hell, being camped at level 60 on hell fire was no big deal, but today, like the slightest thing that gets in my way makes me rage a ton.

I'm mainly posting this to see if anyone else experiances this... that if you just play and play and play with a time pressure constraint placed on you.. do you start to get irritable?

I completely understand. I get leveling fatigue very horribly, especially when questing. I have ,leveled so many characters over the years that I absolutely hate questing with a passion, and can't handle it very long at a time. My monk is still only 82, due to leveling fatique (and having to go only on a friend's free time, since we're leveling together, which sadly doesn['t actually help the leveling fatigue at all.)

ETA: It's really terrible on my PVP servers, since I'm so outnumbered as well.
Edited by Nynæve on 10/7/2012 5:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Although the grind to 90 has been long I've been enjoying it so far. In the past (particularly WotLK) I got very over it but this has been fun. Not looking forward to leveling my alts though -.-
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]