Hunter and thoughts on fixing

90 Night Elf Hunter
I know how people are hating BM so much right now. Honestly, I love the OPness but the spec doesn't make sense. Furthermore, Survival never made sense for a long time. Hunter became unique when they introduced focus into the game and MM although was weak and got owned so hard by lock comps, it was hell of a fun to play last patch. The fix on Aspect of hawk is a very good improvement. I think the following should be made. Stampede healing is quite hilarious and shamefully op. As far as balance is concern, no random pressing, I think our class should have the following chances. I maybe wrong but what do you think? The following are to be fixed:

As far as it concerned, the talents should have the following purposes.

BM : Half melee half range, not random cd pops and smash buttons but have their own purpose. Meaning, BM pet should be mini-feral or warrior which build up combo or even rage option to do certain moves. Don't give snare roots for BM, so that they have to be smart controlling pet to maim, charge, etc. Right now, you can just global some ppl which is kinda weird and not much of a game play. You as a hunter should be building up combos or rage for the pet and use certain moves to get utility and burst. Even with op-ness, BM can be kinda useless after CDs and no one dies in 3s!

MM: much improved survivability compared to last patch but why would you take out snares for a totally kiting range talent. It's pretty much like frost mage in my opinion and really no point playing MM who can't snare in kiting options. 3 stack instead of 5 stack is a really good fix. Just give us back the rooting talent pls!!!!!!! I don't like BM well at least have sustain dmg over time as in pet being a part of controls and dmg.

Survival: always been really lame spec and doesn't make sense apart from trap mastery. In my point of view, black arrow with CD and being easily dispellable totally sucks. In my opinion as well, black arrow should be signature move if they ever put in Dark rangers. It doesn't suits jungle hugging and pet grooming class anyway. Should be replace with something like venom-tipped arrow which dots poison. But hey you shown the idea in Zul Gurub from the start anyway. Survival spec should be a dot reliant cleave class which can go into dot cleave comps in my opinion. Cast-time venom arrow with serpant sting and additional poison affect for dot cleave. As far as the cc is concerned, it is fixed. Cast-time venom application should have penalties from being dispelled.

I am not a pro player but if these are done as i think it is it would be a really great class to play and spec change to get the feeling if different play-styles.
BM is totally shameful rotations. Should be half melee half range utility class. This is making totally bad people have hopes in arena one shotting and taking credits for it. I am a bad hunter too but I do watch clips on pro hunter plays and god!!!!! it is really fascinating that they are owning ppl with really really interesting tricks. NOT BESTIAL WRATH TRINKET POP ONE SHOT ! this is way to rng and no game play.. Watching as Venruki getting owned in tournament by beast cleave with smash button no tech is just so embarrassing.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
10/07/2012 06:25 AMPosted by Alza
Survival: always been really lame spec and doesn't make sense apart from trap mastery.

Okkkay, I'll keep reading

In my point of view, black arrow with CD and being easily dispellable totally sucks.

Yes, but everything after that in the SV section is you talking out of your !@#$.

Yes, SV doesn't have a solid place in PvP but I doubt they are going to remove the cooldown off of BA (I would love it if they did!)or give it dispel protection because that would imply someone from Blizzard read the forums or actually cared about hunters.

Don't forget BA shares a cooldown with out (now unreliable) fire trap. So if you knock someone back you can't put more damage on them. Nice idea.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Just make MM do good damage again and I'll be happy
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
They where trying to make Black arrow cast able with no cd once and they changed their minds in beta. I mean why it was a good idea!
Reply Quote
10/07/2012 07:03 AMPosted by Biskets

A thousand times this.

BM can do what they want with flavor of the month damage. I'm okay with it. But on my hunter, I want to play the hunter that excels in peppering people full of arrows, not the hunter that waves his hands and has his pet dismember an orc for him. But marksman is just so far behind BM and even SV at this point.

I'll keep playing marksman, but what I really want most isn't Beast Mastery nerf, but for Marks to catch up. Regardless of how it's accomplished, I don't like BM leaving Marks so far behind this patch.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
10/07/2012 07:03 AMPosted by Biskets

No thanks but that spec is very... boring
Edited by Demonicfury on 10/7/2012 10:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
BM - fix pet bug and tone down burst. maybe a slight buff to over dps to compensate
SV - reduce cooldown on BA, more dmg in ES, take BA of the same cd as explosive trap.
MM - no idea, definetily needs something to make it unique again though. a flat damage increase really wouldn't solve its problems imo

but hunters in general

silencing shot made baseline and something put in its place and i would LOVE murder of crows to be replaced with something so that teir doesn't seem wasted for specs outside of BM. 60 focus is just ridiculous anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Easy fix would be to give Cobra/Steady shot a 15-20% buff and lower BM burst. The problem with BM and SV (not sure about MM) is good burst but poor sustained damage. Also A Murder of Crows has no reason to have a focus cost: nothing else in that tier has a focus cost and 60 focus is incredibly clunky.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
i love BM, i liked playing SV at the end of cata but BM just feel a lot better right now =]
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Some of the replies in this thread hurt my head.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
For BM:
Buff KC
Make CDs not stackable
Buff Claw/Smack/Bite on pet
Make Intimidation baseline

This should, increase PvE damage, and maybe decrease the burst for PvP
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
For BM:
Buff KC
Make CDs not stackable
Buff Claw/Smack/Bite on pet
Make Intimidation baseline

This should, increase PvE damage, and maybe decrease the burst for PvP

Someone know actually what i mean by legit Beast taming spec. Half melee / half range. no random press. I like being op but not in a way that my skill lvl aint' that different from tournament players or all noobs can click same as me as average good hunter.

Making secondary resource is really need for BM spec. No one shotting ppl and plus higher skill capped spec. What does MM has over BM : everything range cannot be kited. What does BM has over MM, 2 characters , 2 different GCD which lead to more combination skill and control.
Edited by Alza on 10/15/2012 7:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
I'd like to see Survival turned into a Cleave/Multi-dot spec in order to give us some of the encounter flexibility that pure's are supposed to have. Give us a way to "cleave" explosive shots, or up the damage on BA/SrS some to make it more beneficial when they are on multiple targets.

MMs damage needs to come up. Some degree of armor penetration would probably do nicely. Possibly moving the ISS haste buff into a passive and re-work ISS as the Armor Pen mechanic.

BM already has a pretty nice niche in controlled burst and solid sustained DPS.
Reply Quote
35 Human Hunter
First of all the double focus generation that came with the 2 last tier set should have been made permanent!

Second MM should be buffed. It's not that BM is op, it's just that the other specs have been nerfed too much.

But yeah, Ghosrcrawler seems to play mage and lately for some reason frost dk.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
First of all the double focus generation that came with the 2 last tier set should have been made permanent!

It pretty much was made baseline. Both Steady and Cobra grant 14 focus per cast now as opposed to 9 in Cata. In addition they added another mechanic to each spec that grants more focus regen.

Too much focus regen makes things too clunky.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I'd like to see Survival turned into a Cleave/Multi-dot spec in order to give us some of the encounter flexibility that pure's are supposed to have. Give us a way to "cleave" explosive shots, or up the damage on BA/SrS some to make it more beneficial when they are on multiple targets.

MMs damage needs to come up. Some degree of armor penetration would probably do nicely. Possibly moving the ISS haste buff into a passive and re-work ISS as the Armor Pen mechanic.

BM already has a pretty nice niche in controlled burst and solid sustained DPS.

See, many players have the right mind about this class. yet, the professionals had been making this class lame for a long time. There are time where you are one-shotting op than you go down to totally weak and naked defence class. Blizz really need to listen to ppl. Had been still too selfish in a way of doing things on their own thoughts.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]