Remove Hex CD already....

90 Draenei Shaman
Druids have unlimited root/clones and mages have no CD on poly..... pallys have 4 stuns lol. Give shamans a break! xD
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
10/07/2012 09:29 AMPosted by Hindukush
pallys have 4 stuns lol

Wut?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
well 3..... Hoj,repent and blinding light(AoE stuns). Still a lot compared to other classes and none of them share DR. that's 16secs on CC. Makes me think if that's why the best comp for 2s atm is hpally/war. hpally/bm hunter another very OP comp.
Reply Quote
60 Orc Shaman
I'd prefer them to do it the opposite way, give more cc's a CD or longer CD. This game has way too much cc at the moment.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Repent and Blinding Light aren't stuns.

And getting repent gives them a much longer cooldown and much shorter range on HoJ.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
shoo lock, shamans only! lol
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I won't lie I feel bad for you guys hex sucks. I can even use ironbark as resto while hexed. Hex is laughable CC my cyclone is better and has no CD. It either needs to not break on dmg like a stun or have no CD.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
OK so i am not a vanilla player,but I did start just after the drop of BC,so it's been awhile.I remember running away from near death<in ghost wolf>and watching the green #'s and feeling that it will be ok.But look at us now,supper short totem times,no water breathing,no healing as a wolf,etc,etc.Seems to me Blizz is gonna kill off the Shaman just as soon as most of us give up playing them.It really sucks because it is 1 of my fav. classes.
Reply Quote
no hex cd is op
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warrior
Oh, you mean like fear... except with Hex, the target can retain control and LOS you, or follow you if melee.

I think the reason Hex has a CD because it's a curse, and not magic, so not all healers can dispel it. BUT... Mage, Shaman, and Druid can... so I don't see the big deal. That's 9 specs vs the 4 or 5 that can dispel magic
Edited by Trollriginal on 10/7/2012 12:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
CC wise (any spec)

Druids have
Cyclone -can be instant from any form-

Disorienting roar - Talent - usable in any form 3s blind, 30s cd, 10yd range-
or (these 2 on the same talent tier)
Mighty bash - talent - 50s cd - 5s stun usable in any form.

Entangling roots - root for 6s - 35yd range.
Nature's grasp - 1m cd - on being struck, roots attacker.

Pally
Hoj - on cd - but also command 5s stun (baby's first pvp mode)
Blinding light - 5s blind
Repentance - talent - casted but 5s stun (diff DR from HoJ)

shaman
capacitor totem - assuming it hits (all others listed are instant effect) 5s stun after 5/3s charge
Hex - 45/35s cd - target has freedom of movement and can take roughly 10-20k dmg before breaking.
Frost shock - talent - root target for 6s
or
earth grab totem - 10yd, roots everything every 2s, 100 hp

this could go on, but hex on a 35s base cd would be fine and put us in range of other class cc, especially with how fragile hex is and still gives control to the user.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Hex without a cooldown is unnecessary.
We need 2 things
1) Glyph of Hex baked into the baseline spell (change the glyph to a vanity minor that makes targets appear as frogs with voodoo masks).
2) Some way to make Hex instant. I know people hate instant CC but in a game where everyone and their mother has instant CC we need it to stay competitive, especially considering our limited CC options.
One suggestion for this is to change Clear Casting to only affect our healing spells and Hex. Have Nature crits stack the buff up to 2 stacks, each stack reduces cast time by 50% and reduces mana cost by 25%.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
10/07/2012 01:49 PMPosted by Amaravati
2) Some way to make Hex instant.

roll enhance sir.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
10/07/2012 10:12 AMPosted by Hindukush
well 3..... Hoj,repent and blinding light(AoE stuns)

You keep using the word stun...I do not think you know what it means.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
10/07/2012 01:49 PMPosted by Amaravati
2) Some way to make Hex instant.
ancestral swiftness
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Stop putting stupid comments like Anc Swift for a Hex, the only one will do that would be Resto, and even then most of the time people don't do it, and against casters it is better to just grounding > Hex. To prevent most cast related interrupts.

Hex needs to be instant no doubt about that, MW5 Hex is good but it cost you your burst and you can't hex your focused target cause it just going to break if you do so.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
10/07/2012 02:39 PMPosted by Liax
well 3..... Hoj,repent and blinding light(AoE stuns)

Who cares.... it's a CC! A disorient!
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
10/08/2012 08:02 AMPosted by Hindukush

Who cares.... it's a CC! A disorient!

There's a big diffference between a stun and a disorient.

That said, using other classes to justify why you should get something in PvP is just plain silly. We could go back and forth saying that sure, those other classes have better CC but Shaman are the only class in the game that can double purge, our instant healing is superior to druids and FAR faster to build than Paladin's.

The better argument is to say that we need more CC because of X. That's a more difficult thing to prove because EVERY class would welcome more CC.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]