Druids of the Pack

70 Blood Elf Hunter
As is stated by Denmother Ulrica, some of the worgen (including herself) in Talonbranch Glade are some of the original Druids of the Pack. How were they able to quell their rage enough to work as effectively as the "cured" Gilnean worgen? Is it assumed that they underwent a ritual similar (if not the same as) the one at Tal'doren? Did the time they spent in the Emerald Dream manage to soothe their rage? Or was it something else completely that I missed? Any information/speculation would be appreciated!
Reply Quote
92 Gnome Warlock
I met them deep in Kalimdor,
They turned around and howled at me
You get the picture (Yes we see)
That's when I met them,
The Druids of the pack!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
10/07/2012 09:58 AMPosted by Zarinadra
As is stated by Denmother Ulrica, some of the worgen (including herself) in Talonbranch Glade are some of the original Druids of the Pack. How were they able to quell their rage enough to work as effectively as the "cured" Gilnean worgen? Is it assumed that they underwent a ritual similar (if not the same as) the one at Tal'doren? Did the time they spent in the Emerald Dream manage to soothe their rage? Or was it something else completely that I missed? Any information/speculation would be appreciated!

The same ritual as the other Worgen. Worgen of all varieties are pretty much feral until they undergo the ritual.

The Worgen who were initially summoned by Arugal were the original Druid of the Pack and they were just as mindless back then. So it wasn't like the Dream soothed anything.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
There is no definitive lore on this, but I'm going to give it a go.

Did the time they spent in the Emerald Dream manage to soothe their rage?

Firstly, we know that it's not this. The Emerald Dream only served to increase the rage of the Worgen, as has been stated in the comics. Banishing them to the tree of Darol'nir locked them in a 'prison' of sorts, and as a result the Worgen only became more and more feral, but were just unable to harm anyone. Hence, when they're summoned into the waking world from people like Velinde and Arugal, the Worgen are pretty angry.

How were they able to quell their rage enough to work as effectively as the "cured" Gilnean worgen? Is it assumed that they underwent a ritual similar (if not the same as) the one at Tal'doren?

It's hinted that Tal'doren isn't a ritual that's very easy to perform. Language concerning the Scythe is used very often, implying that the Scythe is necessary in the ritual of Tal'doren. Furthermore, there is a quest just before Tal'doren that asks of the player to fetch the Scythe. So really, the Scythe is almost entirely necessary for the ritual unless some other innovations are made by druids, that we don't really know of lore-wise.

It's probably doubtful that they went through a ritual similar to Tal'doren, then. If they were able to go through a ritual, they'd have the ability to turn back into night elves most likely, and since we don't see that, I think it's safe to say that they didn't go through a ritual that is completely identical to Tal'doren.

Or was it something else completely that I missed? Any information/speculation would be appreciated!

I don't think that you completely missed anything. I think that a far more likely possibility would be that the elves have something that is somewhat similar to the Gilnean salve/serum, which is able to 'quiet down' Goldrinn's rage but not completely relinquish it and put it under the control of the Worgen. There might be some other manner of a druidic ritual that incorporates the tree that the Worgen in Felwood are in.

___

That model of trees is, after all, deeply associated with the Worgen. Recall that the Howling Oak resembles Tal'doren, and Tal'doren is said to resemble Darol'nir. Tal'doren and trees of that nature are said to be trees that the waking worgen rested in, or were some manner of spiritual haven for them. I think it's likely that the tree in Felwood could be able to be used for rituals like Tal'doren, although rituals that are going to not be quite as potent as Tal'doren since the Scythe would not be involved.

The same ritual as the other Worgen. Worgen of all varieties are pretty much feral until they undergo the ritual.

The Worgen who were initially summoned by Arugal were the original Druid of the Pack and they were just as mindless back then. So it wasn't like the Dream soothed anything.

I'd like to point out that this isn't really true. The salve/serum that Krennan Aranas created managed to stop Worgen from being completely feral. These Worgen would also probably not be able to go through Tal'doren due to the fact that they're so far away from Tal'doren, and the fact that the Scythe is nowhere near Felwood. It's unlikely.

Edit: I'm also unsure who you're referring to as the original druids of the pack. Because many of the original druids of the pack were not those who ultimately became Worgen. Most of them did, but the group that officially were the ones who became Worgen were the 'druids of the scythe'. Once the scythe was created and they became Worgen, they ceased to become druids of the pack. That's an important distinction to make, in my opinion.

Furthermore, many of the Worgen summoned were not necessarily druids of the scythe. The druids of the scythe infected a good deal of Kaldorei from the Worgen curse, and although we don't have any exact numbers or ratios, I'd imagine a good deal of the summoned Worgen are not only druids of the scythe, but innocent Kaldorei fallen victim to the Worgen curse as well.
Edited by Ferenold on 10/7/2012 10:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
And they also practiced group rituals such as fur piles.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
10/07/2012 10:25 AMPosted by Hozak

I know this is a silly post and I shouldn't be taking anything seriously from it, but I think it's highly plausible that the feral Worgen had some manner of primal, ritualistic practices. Of course, by and large they were feral beasts, but I'd imagine that some remnants of druidism and the like remained with the Feral Worgen, especially those of the elvish variety.

And I'd imagine even after they were cured, salve, Tal'doren, or whatever, that they still maintained many of those same rituals and the like. Perhaps they didn't keep the entire 'pack' structure, but I'd still gander that they kept a fair amount of stuff.
Reply Quote
10/07/2012 10:27 AMPosted by Ferenold

I know this is a silly post and I shouldn't be taking anything seriously from it, but I think it's highly plausible that the feral Worgen had some manner of primal, ritualistic practices. Of course, by and large they were feral beasts, but I'd imagine that some remnants of druidism and the like remained with the Feral Worgen, especially those of the elvish variety.

And I'd imagine even after they were cured, salve, Tal'doren, or whatever, that they still maintained many of those same rituals and the like. Perhaps they didn't keep the entire 'pack' structure, but I'd still gander that they kept a fair amount of stuff.
Nope, fur piles.
Reply Quote
70 Blood Elf Hunter
There is no definitive lore on this, but I'm going to give it a go.

Did the time they spent in the Emerald Dream manage to soothe their rage?

Firstly, we know that it's not this. The Emerald Dream only served to increase the rage of the Worgen, as has been stated in the comics. Banishing them to the tree of Darol'nir locked them in a 'prison' of sorts, and as a result the Worgen only became more and more feral, but were just unable to harm anyone. Hence, when they're summoned into the waking world from people like Velinde and Arugal, the Worgen are pretty angry.

How were they able to quell their rage enough to work as effectively as the "cured" Gilnean worgen? Is it assumed that they underwent a ritual similar (if not the same as) the one at Tal'doren?

It's hinted that Tal'doren isn't a ritual that's very easy to perform. Language concerning the Scythe is used very often, implying that the Scythe is necessary in the ritual of Tal'doren. Furthermore, there is a quest just before Tal'doren that asks of the player to fetch the Scythe. So really, the Scythe is almost entirely necessary for the ritual unless some other innovations are made by druids, that we don't really know of lore-wise.

It's probably doubtful that they went through a ritual similar to Tal'doren, then. If they were able to go through a ritual, they'd have the ability to turn back into night elves most likely, and since we don't see that, I think it's safe to say that they didn't go through a ritual that is completely identical to Tal'doren.

Or was it something else completely that I missed? Any information/speculation would be appreciated!

I don't think that you completely missed anything. I think that a far more likely possibility would be that the elves have something that is somewhat similar to the Gilnean salve/serum, which is able to 'quiet down' Goldrinn's rage but not completely relinquish it and put it under the control of the Worgen. There might be some other manner of a druidic ritual that incorporates the tree that the Worgen in Felwood are in.

___

That model of trees is, after all, deeply associated with the Worgen. Recall that the Howling Oak resembles Tal'doren, and Tal'doren is said to resemble Darol'nir. Tal'doren and trees of that nature are said to be trees that the waking worgen rested in, or were some manner of spiritual haven for them. I think it's likely that the tree in Felwood could be able to be used for rituals like Tal'doren, although rituals that are going to not be quite as potent as Tal'doren since the Scythe would not be involved.

I'd like to point out that this isn't really true. The salve/serum that Krennan Aranas created managed to stop Worgen from being completely feral. These Worgen would also probably not be able to go through Tal'doren due to the fact that they're so far away from Tal'doren, and the fact that the Scythe is nowhere near Felwood. It's unlikely.

Edit: I'm also unsure who you're referring to as the original druids of the pack. Because many of the original druids of the pack were not those who ultimately became Worgen. Most of them did, but the group that officially were the ones who became Worgen were the 'druids of the scythe'. Once the scythe was created and they became Worgen, they ceased to become druids of the pack. That's an important distinction to make, in my opinion.

Furthermore, many of the Worgen summoned were not necessarily druids of the scythe. The druids of the scythe infected a good deal of Kaldorei from the Worgen curse, and although we don't have any exact numbers or ratios, I'd imagine a good deal of the summoned Worgen are not only druids of the scythe, but innocent Kaldorei fallen victim to the Worgen curse as well.

This is a really great, insightful response. You sure do know your worgen lore, Ferenold!
I read your guide yesterday too, which was a huge help in answering other questions.

I think you covered everything I was wondering and more. Thanks so much.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
No problem. Good luck in roleplaying an original druid of the pack or scythe, if that's what you're going for. Tt's definitely a fun concept.
Reply Quote
70 Blood Elf Hunter
I think it's what I'm ultimately pursuing...

... after a get a firm enough understanding on all the lore involved to be able to execute it smoothly, anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

... after a get a firm enough understanding on all the lore involved to be able to execute it smoothly, anyway.

There really isn't that much lore on them, to be honest. I'd advise buying the Worgen comics, as that's the most lore that we really have on them. I'd also advise talking to Duskhowl about it. He's a guy that roleplays one of the first druids of the pack, and he executes it extra-ordinarily well, in my own opinion, so he ought to be able to help you with the peculiarities of roleplaying one, beyond just the lore.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
10/07/2012 10:27 AMPosted by Ferenold

I know this is a silly post and I shouldn't be taking anything seriously from it, but I think it's highly plausible that the feral Worgen had some manner of primal, ritualistic practices.

Typical Ferenold.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
10/07/2012 10:37 AMPosted by Shennae

I know this is a silly post and I shouldn't be taking anything seriously from it, but I think it's highly plausible that the feral Worgen had some manner of primal, ritualistic practices.

Typical Ferenold.

:<

Also I know this isn't the thread for this but I can't log in and I have to go. So I won't be back until 4:30 server time or soo.
Reply Quote
70 Blood Elf Hunter

There really isn't that much lore on them, to be honest. I'd advise buying the Worgen comics, as that's the most lore that we really have on them. I'd also advise talking to Duskhowl about it. He's a guy that roleplays one of the first druids of the pack, and he executes it extra-ordinarily well, in my own opinion, so he ought to be able to help you with the peculiarities of roleplaying one, beyond just the lore.

I'll be taking your advice. Thanks again!
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter

Typical Ferenold.

:<

Also I know this isn't the thread for this but I can't log in and I have to go. So I won't be back until 4:30 server time or soo.

Sure thing. RP gear looks good, BTW!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Do we know that the specific ritual required to soothe the savagery requires the Scythe or the tree? We see non-feral Worgen in Silverpine and Duskwood.

We know what'shisface... Sven, turned into a Worgen but was freed. And he was in Duskwood.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid

I'll be taking your advice. Thanks again!

*perks ears up* I heard my name. Hit me up in game with a whisper, and we'll discuss. Always happy to bandy lore stuffs around. :}
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Do we know that the specific ritual required to soothe the savagery requires the Scythe or the tree? We see non-feral Worgen in Silverpine and Duskwood.

We know what'shisface... Sven, turned into a Worgen but was freed. And he was in Duskwood.

Yes, Sven was administered a version of the salve, I believe. The Gilnean salve, although not necessarily the one developed by Aranas. That most certainly is not some manner of a Kaldorei practice.

If you looked above, I clearly lied out the evidence that the specific ritual required to soothe the savagery -is- the ritual of tal'doren. We don't know of any other druidic ritual, elunite or otherwise, that calms the Worgen. Anything of that nature would be sheer speculation. We see that the ritual of Tal'doren requires the Scythe. According to the quest text, it can't be performed without the Scythe.

The 'non-feral worgen' in Silverpine likely underwent the ritual of Tal'doren, being bloodfang Worgen and all. The non-feral worgen in duskwood that we know of have been cured via the serum'/salve.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]