Horde Equivalent: Massacre of Troops

90 Night Elf Druid
As Alliance, the opening quests for MoP feature you aboard the Skyfire reigning down death and destruction on a Horde outpost. You sink all of their ships and blast their infantry using aerial bombardment.

Then comes the awesome part... many of the Horde who's ships you destroyed are unarmed and trying to swim ashore. That's when Sky Admiral Rogers orders Alliance troops to fire upon and kill all Horde survivors.

Rell Nightwing protests but she overrules him and the Horde troops attempting to surrender are killed.

Is there a Horde equivalent to this? If so, what is it and how does it go? Hopefully it's not a mirror image of this battle.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I'm sure there is some footage lying around on Youtube somewhere. I haven't seen it yet but I can tell you there's no way it would be a mirror image of this battle because it would have required a Horde character that doesn't want to absolutely eviscerate Alliance all of the time.
Reply Quote
15 Human Priest
10/07/2012 11:03 AMPosted by Kalycto
Rell Nightwing protests but she overrules him and the Horde troops attempting to surrender are killed.

There is no indication that they are attempting to surrender, only that they are swimming to shore. And no, the Horde questing doesn't mirror it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
10/07/2012 11:03 AMPosted by Kalycto
Is there a Horde equivalent to this? If so, what is it and how does it go? Hopefully it's not a mirror image of this battle.

We shoot yall down as well, but we don't shoot you as you swim to shore >_> We shoot you as you are setting up some supplies and whatnot.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
Our sky ship gets shot down, and our entire force is slaughtered leaving only you, and 5 other Horde veterans as the only survivors.

LOL SO MUCH HORDE BIAS.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/07/2012 11:07 AMPosted by Banquiero

There is no indication that they are attempting to surrender, only that they are swimming to shore. And no, the Horde questing doesn't mirror it.

I'm not here to argue semantics. I want to know if there is a Horde equivalent and how it goes down.

Our sky ship gets shot down, and our entire force is slaughtered leaving only you, and 5 other Horde veterans as the only survivors.

LOL SO MUCH HORDE BIAS.

Cool. Thank you. Then I assume you and the remaining five plan some sort of ambush to kill the Alliance? Or...?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

LOL SO MUCH HORDE BIAS.

Horde almost lose a military engagement against the Alliance in-game? Holy crackers it must be Christmas day.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
10/07/2012 11:13 AMPosted by Kalycto
Cool. Thank you. Then I assume you and the remaining five plan some sort of ambush to kill the Alliance? Or...?

The Alliance enslave Panda adults and children to build a fortress that will act as an air base, but we stop them while freeing the Pandas. Shortly after that we ally with the Hozen.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
10/07/2012 11:16 AMPosted by Mordstreich
Horde almost lose a military engagement against the Alliance in-game?

We watch as our ship is blow out of the sky, then sit and watch as our general cries and says Garrosh is going to kill him when he gets back. Don't think that is an "almost" lose.
Reply Quote
10/07/2012 11:18 AMPosted by Mormin
The Alliance enslave Panda adults and children to build a fortress that will act as an air base, but we stop them while freeing the Pandas. Shortly after that we ally with the Hozen.

Strictly, it's more tricking them rather than open slavery (still entirely unethical, mind). The horde have a similar, more blatant approach: steal the children and hold them hostage with demonic forces to force the Pandaren to work, on threat of the massacre of their offspring.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Okay. So it mirrors what happens after fairly well.

A bunch of children are captured by the Horde and used as leverage in order to coerce the Pandaran into siding with the Horde. I was kind of hoping the Alliance didn't do that since it seems wildly uncharacteristic of the Alliance to do that but oh well.

But no actual troop massacre is what I'm gathering? Cool. I like that. Thanks for the reply.

Strictly, it's more tricking them rather than open slavery (still entirely unethical, mind). The horde have a similar, more blatant approach: steal the children and hold them hostage with demonic forces to force the Pandaren to work, on threat of the massacre of their offspring.

Small nuance that, while unethical, isn't in the same 'degree' of bad. Glad to hear this as well.
Edited by Kalycto on 10/7/2012 11:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
My memory was a little off. They abducted them to force compliance, not to force them to labour. Now oddly enough, the Alliance didn't actually seize any Pandaren - they just made the Pandaren who volunteered to help them work longer than they initially expected, transforming them into indentured labour. Still unethical, but quite entirely different from openly kidnapping their children to force compliance.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
10/07/2012 11:28 AMPosted by Everen
they just made the Pandaren who volunteered to help them work longer than they initially expected, transforming them into indentured labour.

They volunteered thinking they would be building houses. Once the Alliance had them start building a military base instead of houses the Pandaren tried to leave but the Alliance would not let them, and just told them to go back to building the base. That's slavery.
Reply Quote
Yup. Like I said, it's still quite unethical. It is, however, a far cry from the cartoonish villainy of kidnapping children to force the compliance of their parents.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Theramoore
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
10/07/2012 11:31 AMPosted by Everen
Yup. Like I said, it's still quite unethical. It is, however, a far cry from the cartoonish villainy of kidnapping children to force the compliance of their parents.

True. Though I think it should also be said that both the Orc and Human commanders of the bases were under influence from the Sha.
Reply Quote
10/07/2012 11:37 AMPosted by Mormin
True. Though I think it should also be said that both the Orc and Human commanders of the bases were under influence from the Sha.

Worth noting as well.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
There is a quest where we kill alliance troops who are parachuting into the forest, granted we aren't allowed to even touch them until they've landed and started fighting
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
10/07/2012 11:39 AMPosted by Everen

Worth noting as well.

*sigh* of course Alliance cant have a womanly commander with some balls when it comes to giving orders.

My hopes have been dashed.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior

You're right. A bunch of outnumbered, unarmed soldiers are going to swim to shore and overcome an enemy with weapons, numbers, and in a strategically superior position. With their bare hands.

10/07/2012 11:31 AMPosted by Mormin
They volunteered thinking they would be building houses. Once the Alliance had them start building a military base instead of houses the Pandaren tried to leave but the Alliance would not let them, and just told them to go back to building the base. That's slavery.

Commander Doren was overtaken by the Sha of Doubt. When that happens it's clear he isn't truly in control, and the Sha made him do it. So he's not guilty. It wasn't his fault.

And it's not slavery because it's the Alliance. The Alliance prefers the term "Surprise career opportunity."
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]