Here's why you can't login on 10/7

(Locked)

90 Human Paladin
<>
Edited by Roraks on 10/8/2012 8:06 AM PDT
damn, was it 'the lone gunman'?
85 Troll Priest
yep, worst part is the hacks did this on a minor level weeks ago and it was reported. blizz said it had to be an addon error....so they knew they had this issue at least 3 weeks ago and havent been able to fix it, or the info never made it to where it needed too.
90 Human Paladin
10/07/2012 11:46 AMPosted by Zpprduce
yep, worst part is the hacks did this on a minor level weeks ago and it was reported. blizz said it had to be an addon error....so they knew they had this issue at least 3 weeks ago and havent been able to fix it, or the info never made it to where it needed too.

It actually might not be that easy to fix.

If they had kept their shenanigans to quietly farming raid bosses, we'd be allowed to login while Blizz fixed it on the downlow. But since they went more public with it, now we have to wait for the fix.
100 Blood Elf Hunter
10/07/2012 11:48 AMPosted by Treyvowned
not able to be hacked they say....Impossible they say

Blizzard never said this. By nature, being part of the in-line world, they're more than aware that it COULD happen.

Also -

10/07/2012 11:48 AMPosted by Treyvowned
/salute to my Ownedcore brothers

The fact that you would even jokingly approve of this says loads about your character.
90 Human Paladin
Did you read the link?

From what I gathered, it started with the insta-kill hack, and was used in raids. The hackers have since escalated and moved out into the cities.
90 Draenei Warrior
Why didn't they just do that on private servers and keep it out of the real deal servers? Now I can see Blizzard with account bans etc. I'm sure they will now have employees keeping and eye on that website. It just sucks for the people who don't cheat. We have to wait this out and wait for it to be fixed. It's Sunday and most of us like to play the day away without having to do anything else. Personally, I don't salute hacks. If you wanna hack the game ask Blizzard to hire you. Get paid to do it.
90 Draenei Mage
Inb4 it is "proven" that Syria did it, and invasion can begin.
90 Human Paladin
10/07/2012 12:07 PMPosted by Willowjem
Why didn't they just do that on private servers and keep it out of the real deal servers? Now I can see Blizzard with account bans etc. I'm sure they will now have employees keeping and eye on that website. It just sucks for the people who don't cheat. We have to wait this out and wait for it to be fixed. It's Sunday and most of us like to play the day away without having to do anything else. Personally, I don't salute hacks. If you wanna hack the game ask Blizzard to hire you. Get paid to do it.

Yeah, at this point, the hackers have established themselves as un-trustworty, unfortunately.

Blowing up entire realms isn't going to get you a job interview. Contacting Blizz with your discovery and keeping it quiet would have probably gotten them hired. But if I'm a manager at Blizzard, there's no way I let these guys in the building now.
90 Human Paladin
10/07/2012 12:11 PMPosted by Azurenia
http://www.twitch.tv/sodapoppin/b/334750785

Could you find a video from a bigger douche?
100 Gnome Monk
Here is why you can't log in.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794981625
1 Gnome Warrior
10/07/2012 12:11 PMPosted by Azurenia
http://www.twitch.tv/sodapoppin/b/334750785

lol that was funny
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]